Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it funny, when Cripps goes into flog-mode you never see him wrestling with rucks or key position players who are his size or bigger, do you?

He's always getting stuck into the smaller guys.

This is what I love/respect about Toby Greene. He’ll take anyone on. With relish.

Geez have a read of the last few pages of the Carlton preview board of this game 😲

Some serious Dissension in the ranks

My thoughts
They will come out firing off the back of a couple of losses
Some big outs for them and their back line is pretty weak , Cerra out helpful for us.
If Eleni is umpiring we are in trouble
Can’t wait to see Fyfe give it to Cripps
I think we win but that would rely on our tall defence nullifying McKay and Curnow , I’d say Cox and Pearce are up for the challenge.

Geez have a read of the last few pages of the Carlton preview board of this game 😲

Some serious Dissension in the ranks

My thoughts
They will come out firing off the back of a couple of losses
Some big outs for them and their back line is pretty weak , Cerra out helpful for us.
If Eleni is umpiring we are in trouble
Can’t wait to see Fyfe give it to Cripps
I think we win but that would rely on our tall defence nullifying McKay and Curnow , I’d say Cox and Pearce are up for the challenge.
Will be fascinating to see where logue plays this week, on one hand towelled up Curnow last time we played on the other their defence looks absolutely decimated for talls. Tabs, Lobb, Logue with fyfe rotating thru would give them fits.

Fyfe to Cripps at first bounce, they both go forward be good to see them head to head.
Frederick in For Switta.
Hughes omitted, Logue will swing back to take Curnow ( did a great job earlier in the year).

Tabs straight back in to take Logies place.

Tucker to the wing to replace Acres. Don’t expect too many other unforced changes.

Henry to be sub.

Fyfe to Cripps at first bounce, they both go forward be good to see them head to head.
Frederick in For Switta.
Hughes omitted, Logue will swing back to take Curnow ( did a great job earlier in the year).

Tabs straight back in to take Logies place.

Tucker to the wing to replace Acres. Don’t expect too many other unforced changes.

Henry to be sub.

I hear ya but Hughes won't be dropped. He's been good both games and out in a great wafl game yesterday.

Just my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the corresponding game last year at Docklands and we got absolutely slaughtered through the middle. Our mids simply couldn't get their hands on it, Cripps and Walsh swooped it out of there with ease. Fyfe didn't play and we didn't have Brodie, and we also missed Pearce down back. We should be much better structured for this game.

Funnily enough for the follow up game at MCG last year we won the midfield battle but simply couldn't score.

Luke Ryan played on Curnow a couple of season ago from memory. He's actually a pretty decent match up and in my opinion a better option than Cox.
Yeah I'm confident we'll get the mix right and would like to continue with the Logue-forward move as I believe it can have a very high pay off.

Hughes was playing wing for peel yesterday, think it’ll be a combination of Hughes, Clark, Aish and Colyer all rolling through the two wings

Would be happy to see Hughes get a shot at this role. Definitely has the defensive mindset that JL would desire, and courage to go back with the flight. Henry was very good on Saturday, and maybe some of that silky ball use and creativity would be better under the roof. Think this will be a very fast game. And hope to see some of the speedy half backs really turn it on and expose Carlton’s weakness in the transition D

Also they did bid on Henry so it would be cool to see him light it up and show them what they missed out on

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back