Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t roll over in the second half like you used to, so kudos to Vossy for that
That I do agree with. Injuries aside they'd be Top 4 this season and the fact they still might be without a functioning backline is a true testament to their list and Vossy has absolutely got the best out of them and has them playing to their potential. They're a great side to watch.

I just personally am not a fan of the carry on of Cripps but they do have that grit and Fortitude they needed and that Voss has in spades. Will be a good rivalry for a few years to come hopefully

That I do agree with. Injuries aside they'd be Top 4 this season and the fact they still might be without a functioning backline is a true testament to their list and Vossy has absolutely got the best out of them and has them playing to their potential. They're a great side to watch.

I just personally am not a fan of the carry on of Cripps but they do have that grit and Fortitude they needed and that Voss has in spades. Will be a good rivalry for a few years to come hopefully

I went to school with a relative if his in Gero, so always gave him a pass because the relative was a top bloke, but I’m realising Patrick is a bit of a ********

The scary/annoying thing is that I'd argue there is fair bit of growth left in that team considering it's only Voss's first year in charge. Their spine could have an AA full back, two coleman medallists, and two brownlow medallists in the midfield.

For mine, the biggest thing I see getting in their way is salary cap. I remain unconvinced you can trade in players on biggish contracts for three to four years and compete for long before it blows up. We are looking at one big trade - Jackson, and salary cap concerns are there.

The difference I see, is their window is 5-6 years, ours is 10.

With their age profile and spine they should absolutely be contending now
They definitely underachieved the last couple of years not making finals with their talent. But their upside far outweighs any other's in the competition. Perhaps one above average-elite KPD from having a completely elite spine but they have arguably the best FF and FB in the comp along with a stacked midfield.

Quite scary all things considered.

I mean that’s a shame. I’ve always liked Freo. In regards Blues - this team (more than any in the past) has zero dickheads and plays respectfully. You’re hating a myth. But ok!

You mean other than Cripps who is clearly one of the biggest dickheads and cheap shot merchants in the AFL?

They definitely underachieved the last couple of years not making finals with their talent. But their upside far outweighs any other's in the competition. Perhaps one above average-elite KPD from having a completely elite spine but they have arguably the best FF and FB in the comp along with a stacked midfield.

Quite scary all things considered.

They fell at the right time. Pick 1 Walsh was a massive win for them. Take him out and the midfield is thin. Cripps gun Cerra decent

Not attempting the moz here but I genuinely think freo will do this in a canter. Putting Carlton’s paper thin backline aside, the whole “freo are vulnerable outside of WA” is being confidently dispelled by your mob’s performances, and the midfield dominance that was initially Carlton’s strength earlier on in the season, has been found out in recent weeks.

Darcy will monster TDK and give your mids first choice. Logue can go forward and be a third tall to exploit Carlton’s lack of height down back.

Of course would love Carlton to get up but see this as Freo’s game to go one game clear in a top 2 spot.

Good luck

You mean other than Cripps who is clearly one of the biggest dickheads and cheap shot merchants in the AFL?
I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone. Wtf is this bullshit? Standing up for yourself and team mates (like every now and then) isn’t bullying or being a dickhead.

To other poster - share video of his elbow to back of head on Brayshaw. Doesn’t exist. Pure fiction.

The good news is….I’m starting to gather a list of Freo posters I don’t like. It used to be more difficult.

I feel like I’ve entered the twilight zone. Wtf is this bullshit? Standing up for yourself and team mates (like every now and then) isn’t bullying or being a dickhead.
Sorry bud, every game Cripps goes to Brashaw to start shit and intimidate him, especially when he's on the ground. That's not standing up for yourself, that's being a flog.

To other poster - share video of his elbow to back of head on Brayshaw. Doesn’t exist. Pure fiction.

The good news is….I’m starting to gather a list of Freo posters I don’t like. It used to be more difficult.

Attachments

• 20220619_101700.jpg
    20220619_101700.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 238

oh it does, and I’ll be happy to share it when I’m off this flight and in some decent wifi. Await my response with a time stamp on Kayos stream of round 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not attempting the moz here but I genuinely think freo will do this in a canter. Putting Carlton’s paper thin backline aside, the whole “freo are vulnerable outside of WA” is being confidently dispelled by your mob’s performances, and the midfield dominance that was initially Carlton’s strength earlier on in the season, has been found out in recent weeks.

Darcy will monster TDK and give your mids first choice. Logue can go forward and be a third tall to exploit Carlton’s lack of height down back.

Of course would love Carlton to get up but see this as Freo’s game to go one game clear in a top 2 spot.

Good luck
I don't think you should underestimate your mob! There is a genuine rivalry between the teams and they will be fired up to get revenge from our last game. They will bring the heat and your coach will be sure to exploit our weaknesses. Also coming off a bye tends to weaken teams.

He didn't just drop the elbow into Brayshaw against us earlier this season, he did it to Lachie Schutlz as well.

Time to get used to that reality. He's a cheap shot thug.

Ouch, that was one of the swiftest and brutal 2 post later shut downs I've ever seen

Kudos s_wd6

I don't think you should underestimate your mob! There is a genuine rivalry between the teams and they will be fired up to get revenge from our last game. They will bring the heat and your coach will be sure to exploit our weaknesses. Also coming off a bye tends to weaken teams.

Voss has definitely made inroads in their level of competitiveness and willingness to not fold over. But this one is a very tall order imho.

Hopefully a competitive match and a good display of skills!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back