Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Weber was clearly another one of Rosich's mates!
That sounds right, but didn't Bell run a review of it and become directly responsible?

I think it's clearly a big improvement, but we also got rid a lot of the perpetually injured.

Have Taberner, Fyfe and Hamling improved their availability? Darcy often looks proppy which is nerve wracking, and Pearce looks like he may be getting jabbed regularly.

Our depth has improved and matured dramatically and many perennially injured players moved on. That's some big list management factors.

I don't see trialling a high half forward or a running half back on a wing as a radical move. Especially if we have unconvincing alternatives to cover injuries.
Agreed, they're the closest roles in terms of demands and skillsets.
Obviously the running is typically even higher, and the positioning is different, but surely they'd be the simplest transition.

Acres out Chappy to his wing.
Keep Hughes in defence...deserves to keep his spot.
Freddy back in to send Banners back to ressie.
Good changes. Wouldn’t mind Chappy on the wing. Even swap him with Hughes and he can play wing too.
Don’t think Chapman will get up for this game however

I think we should win fairly easily vs Carton.

No pittonet means Darcy should win most of the taps.

There midfield is struggling so hopefully we can win that battle.

There backline is short which means Taberner, Lobb and co should be able to mark the ball.

Not sure if Logue should go on Curnow or stay forward. Ryan is the next best match up, but that is not ideal.

Tabs is back

we've been happy with availability this year, for the most part...but the reality is Tabs is so injury prone. He'd up in the top 5 or 6 of leading goalkickers if he could stay fit and on the park I reckon, it's a crying shame. He's come a long way and credit to him, but his body lets him down unfortunately. Let's hope he can get a good run here, he could be critical come finals time...

we've been happy with availability this year, for the most part...but the reality is Tabs is so injury prone. He'd up in the top 5 or 6 of leading goalkickers if he could stay fit and on the park I reckon, it's a crying shame. He's come a long way and credit to him, but his body lets him down unfortunately. Let's hope he can get a good run here, he could be critical come finals time...
Just get him prepped for the finals. He’s the type to have a Mason Cox moment and kick a big bag in a big final and dominate the i50.

Lobb has been very consistent this year and expect him to kick his 2-3 goals. Freddy or Colyer or both will get off the leash and cause havoc.

How good is it to finally have some depth at the club.

Durdin apparently had a knock to the knee and is out for a few weeks; Martin had calf tightness so is a test. Weather permitting I think Tabs, Lobb and Logue all play forward (plus fyfe 50%) - stretch their defence and dominate in the air. This might be my most wanted win of the season. cannot stand the campaigners.

Durdin apparently had a knock to the knee and is out for a few weeks; Martin had calf tightness so is a test. Weather permitting I think Tabs, Lobb and Logue all play forward (plus fyfe 50%) - stretch their defence and dominate in the air. This might be my most wanted win of the season. cannot stand the campaigners.

Which Durdin? They have 2 now. Little fella up forward or the MSD backman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taberner coming back via Peel this week. Hopefully he can get some good match time.

This ^^^

The eagles are struggling so it takes some of the fun out of beating them, next best thing is Carlton!

Newnes will be playing his 200th next week against us.

angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

Far out. With Fyfe back to bully cheapshot Cripps, we got them at their worst. No excuses.
Would love Fyfe to just tackle Cripps and let him know who’s boss first bounce.
Take signed photo of himself with each Brownlow, and hand them over to Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back