Review Round 15 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff is such a good pickup. Smarter footballer with better disposal than I realised. I think he's a big reason why we are winning games even if we aren't playing great. So consistent and gives us flexibility to throw Gray and Wingard around wherever we need them.
What I love is he always seems to have an option before he even receives the ball. Rarely blazes away unlike most of our other midfielders.

Official crowd: 26,562 at the MCG

WTF? Thoughts it must have been at least 50,000 after hearing Derwayne mention multiple times how good the crowd was.

Dwayne always does that. Got so tired of him mentioning that would have been a 50m a few years ago for every single slightly late contact after a mark.

For those at the game.
I know we missed a few simple ones but why were 17 out of 23 goals scored at the one end of the ground?

Was windy and blowing towards that end, only really noticed it when walking back, but ticket attendant did let me know the best place to sit out of it :D. I'm not sure though how much wind impacts at a stadium like the G. Wouldn't it just swirl?

Jack is lucky his surname is Silvagni. Carlton tried him up forward and that didn't work. Then he was tried as an on-baller. Another cross. Yesterday he played in defence. Looked pretty average. The club is desperate to turn the son of Stephen into a AFL footballer but it's an impossible task.

Am I crazy to think SPP will be our best midfielder next year at the latest and is on par with Wines right now....
Besides Robbie gray who IS our best midfielder, and also our best forward, I think chad wingard is out most influential player in the midfielder.

Obviously he would struggle without the likes of wines, spp and Rockliff. But I think wingard will be a real point of difference come finals time

Jack is lucky his surname is Silvagni. Carlton tried him up forward and that didn't work. Then he was tried as an on-baller. Another cross. Yesterday he played in defence. Looked pretty average. The club is desperate to turn the son of Stephen into a AFL footballer but it's an impossible task.

I want Jo Bailey to be happy. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at the national news on pretty much all channels reporting of this game. Port are only mentioned as party poppers. The channel 9 report was 90% about Carlton.
If you think that's bad, watch the highlights package on the AFL site...
If you didn't know the score and just watched that, you would've thought Carlton had flogged us by 10 goals.

I don't think Carlton themselves could've produced a more biased package...

If you think that's bad, watch the highlights package on the AFL site...
If you didn't know the score and just watched that, you would've thought Carlton had flogged us by 10 goals.

I don't think Carlton themselves could've produced a more biased package...
I love it. The AFL world is abuzz with talking about the St Kilda and Essendon upsets. We keep getting ignored. We just need the boys to keep winning, and the media to keep ignoring us. Then everyone can wake up in September!!

I loved the outcome of all of the weekends matches. Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, and North losing, has created a logjam and chaos situation below us. A host of teams are fighting for positions 5-8, and are going scratch each others eyes out trying to get one of them. Awesome! Let them eat each other alive! We just have to make sure we keep winning these winnable matches, and we have a golden opportunity to grabs #1 or #2 spot!

Polec wasn't just average. He was garbage. Pound for pound on damage caused, Garlett gave him a bath. He showed no urgency and never so much as broke into a sprint. Was lazy and aloof all day. The type of performance that he puts in occasionally and the type of performance that makes the club flirt with trading him.
So important to our team but sometimes I want to throttle him. Should be more polished than he is. Lacks upper body strength as well which catches him out.

Take the win. We had the rub of the green. Would not be complaining there. That 3rd quarter was very average. But our class players produced when needed in Wingard, R Gray and Motlop. Curnow and Cripps are 2 very talented players too.

Good to be at G to see win but still so much to work on. Hombsch is too slow for AFL football now. We really miss Jonas when out and still think we need to find a player with greater speed running from back 6...
Im also a bit concerned about Hombsch. Does not seem to be the player he was pre injury. Hope he can get back to the general he once was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back