Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 16-tackle game was the week before when he was our best player against Williamstown in the pouring rain.

Might well be the justification for playing him on Saturday.
He was disgustingly bad offensively though (he wasnt the only player in that regard )

It's a strange selection with Wright. No doubt the coaches love the "contest" he gives but we won last week because of our slick precise ball movement and our decision making.... just feel like bringing a limited ball-butcher like Wright in has the potential to break up our attacking chains.

Last edited:

It's a strange selection with Wright. No doubt the coaches love the "contest" he gives but we won last week because of output slick precise ball movement and our decision making.... just feel like bringing a limited ball-butcher like Wright in has the potential to break up our attacking chains.
Not if he's played as a defensive forward.

Pretty unimaginative and disappointing ins for mine.
We're way out of finals contention and we just go same old same old.
Cho Cho has his excuse for season failure due now to the amount of injuries.
Treat the rest of the year like an extended 2019 preseason.

No not a joke at all - Bailey started well and played 6 games in a row but but 8 & 9 possessions in the last two games suggest time for a break.

He now knows he can perform at the level - so its up to him to find consistency.

Don’t agree .. more to performing than possessions if that’s your justification how does Mav Weller get a game.. Rice’s role is defensive not a running half back so if you’re measure is possessions how does brown longer etc get games

Not if he's played as a defensive forward.
I just don't think the game allows a player as limited offensively as Wright anymore. Richmond have a few defensive forwards but they can all be offensive when needed. You need a diverse skill-set to succeed now, even as a defensive forward.

Sadly Wright is just a defensive battering ram with pretty much no offensive upside at all, I'm honestly shocked to see him back in the team, even with injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't think the game allows a player as limited offensively as Wright anymore. Richmond have a few defensive forwards but they can all be offensive when needed. You need a diverse skill-set to succeed now, even as a defensive forward.

Sadly Wright is just a defensive battering ram with pretty much no offensive upside at all, I'm honestly shocked to see him back in the team, even with injuries.
You've clearly forgotten his ability to ferret a goal or 2 under pressure.

So you're happy to play raw kids who aren't ready and get smashed?

Then you want Richo sacked.

Love your posts, but this is ridiculous.

Wrighty will have the Longer effect. A genuinely limited player, but reasonable at what they CAN do, makes our team better. I'm not being sarcastic either. I much prefer Hickey, and am not a big fan of Wrighty, but the team - overall - does play better, somehow, when those gumby's are on the pitch.

If I was longer I wouldn't be too happy that I got selected. Seems like we are playing up his trade value via more senior debuts, otherwise you would have expected a switch for Hick

If I was longer I wouldn't be too happy that I got selected. Seems like we are playing up his trade value via more senior debuts, otherwise you would have expected a switch for Hick

Do you honestly think a professional recruiter/team manager is so naive as to add value for games played for someone like Longer?
I don’t know where this “playing them to raise trade value” notion comes from, but it’s complete nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back