Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue Benny Hill music!

Nah I reckon Gilbo will kill it and show some leadership. Irish can't get any worse, and I rate Austin, just needs to clean up his clangers. LOL, spoken out loud doesn't sound too promising.

“Who we lining up on this weekend coach?” - Dicko

“Geary, Gilbert...Austin...& some Irish campaigner, forget his name...Connor..or Mcgregor?” - Ken

“LOLOLOLOLOL” - whole fwd line at once

Funnily enough Wright for Battle makes complete sense. As does Austin for Jake & Webster for Rice. Gilbert for Brown though....

Goddard hasn’t proven much if anything at VFL level however the cupboard is totally empty. He should’ve come in for Brown IMO. Austin, Irish & Gilbert as key planks...FMD.
Nope. Unfortunately would have been more sensible to play Lonie as a KPD.

Goddard looks like a bust unfortunately

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope. Unfortunately would have been more sensible to play Lonie as a KPD.

Goddard looks like a bust unfortunately

Shame for the kid. Confidence destroying if he can't get a game with our injuries now.
Reckon he'll want out at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slower than your brainwaves

6a3.gif

Was surprised Bruce didn't replace Battle until I found out he broke his leg.

Don't mind Wright as a replacement up forward as he can give us a physical presence like Battle did and can kick goals, a wet game should suit him too.

TLDR: decent selections. Wright a bit frustrating but we need to reward VFL form (still hope he is delisted at the end of the year)

Gilbert - Need experience given Brown and Carlisle are out
Austin - Handy recall - hope he plays a bit more defensively
Webster - Been our best ball user coming out of defence so glad he is in the team
Wright - 3 goals, 6 tackles and plenty of pressure in the VFL so can see why they brought him in - not sure we have better options in the forward line (maybe lonie) - there is no point guys playing well in the vfl and then not rewarding them, we need to be sending the signals that if players play well then they will be picked so not too unhappy.

----

Goddard - would be dissapointed but i can see why we didn't bring him in. Already have joyce in the side and don't think it is a good idea playing too many guys with not much afl experience. Also there is no point letting joyce debut and then dropping him straight away, need to give him a few games to get aclimatised. I think if Goddard keeps playing in the vfl and steps up a bit he will get a few games near the end of the season.

Freeman - really hope he plays well this week and is picked against carlton!
Coffield - i hope he plays well and we bring him in for mackenzie. i hope he is developing into a mid in the vfl but his most recent game didn't look too promising, though he is still very young,.
Marshall - not as mobile as battle and i think a combination of him and mccartin is a bit too slow.
Almost exactly my thoughts.

Either we're both experts or both have no idea

Also, sitting on 3 wins & 10 losses & having a shit load of injuries, I’d expect to be pumping games into blokes like Rice, Coffield & White. Amazing that White hasnt regained his spot. I reckon he showed plenty late last year & early this year.
Brandon White’s attitude & work rate must be shithouse. No other explanation cos that job he did on Toby Greene after having his face smashed in was top shelf stuff

Yeah I'm not fussed about Wright getting a game if he's really playing well at VFL level (which it seems he was), as a bit more forward pressure won't go astray, especially if it's wet.

He'll still get delisted, but if he helps us win this game it'll be worth it. If he's poor, he'll prolly never play again. Meh, not many other decent options.

Think it was 6 tackles 16 disposals. Still a good effort though.

Considering we ask for integrity of selection and he’s probably the right, tough player for the conditions....
I hope he makes you negative beauts eat every word...

Go Wrighty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back