Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve spent two days working on the ladder predictor and decided a win this week is vital.

b6a58a2f436f3e6d8b7749b1432f51de.png

Brown and Battle are forced changes...so 4 are dropped yes...Longer is pure trash so Hickey for him..that's 3. Webster automatic in for Joyce..thats 4...Bruce for Battle...Gilbo/Austin/Goddard for Brown.. and Minchington and Freezer for Dunstan and Rice.

Dunstan has been shit for 3 weeks in a row 15, 15 & 16 touches and with no influence to no good...Freezer for him.

Meatball needs to be added in to the team and for balance Rice goes out!

6 changes after a win? FMD

Brown and Battle are forced changes...so 4 are dropped yes...Longer is pure trash so Hickey for him..that's 3. Webster automatic in for Joyce..thats 4...Bruce for Battle...Gilbo/Austin/Goddard for Brown.. and Minchington and Freezer for Dunstan and Rice.

Dunstan has been shit for 3 weeks in a row 15, 15 & 16 touches and with no influence to no good...Freezer for him.

Meatball needs to be added in to the team and for balance Rice goes out!

Wont happen and shouldn't happen. You reward winners. Strange that you can call Dunstan shit but when someone has a go at a player you rate you declare war on them. Dunstan will stay because there isn't any other option as of yet. Longer will most likely stay because the options aren't much better even though I think Hickey would match up better on Ryder. Rice or Joyce may go but not both especially with Brown out.

Would love to see Bruce come in and snag a few. Can't understand the negativity around him.
I don't really think it's about negativity towards Bruce. It's more we like shiny new things like Battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter which ruckman we play, we 100% can not play Josh Bruce down back.
Totally disagree. Lets remember we got him as a defender and the way most teams bomb the ball into the forward line it would be good to have another big body down there to compete and help Carlisle. Otherwise we cant cover the three giants that Port have down there. Joyce just looked out of his depth down there

Totally disagree. Lets remember we got him as a defender and the way most teams bomb the ball into the forward line it would be good to have another big body down there to compete and help Carlisle. Otherwise we cant cover the three giants that Port have down there. Joyce just looked out of his depth down there
Bruce was moved out of defence, despite us having very little options for that position, because he was a liability. He was an average defender at best and terrible kicking out from defence. He played forward his whole junior career and was only moved back because GWS had too many forwards.

And now with Battle going out, he will need to play forward anyway.

Bruce was moved out of defence, despite us having very little options for that position, because he was a liability. He was an average defender at best and terrible kicking out from defence. He played forward his whole junior career and was only moved back because GWS had too many forwards.

And now with Battle going out, he will need to play forward anyway.
Spot on. Bruce is a terrible backman. Earns a spot as a foward or GTFO.

Quite a bit of pressure on Bruce IMO.

Probably our highest paid and most experienced forward, only really getting a look in because a 4th gamer is injured.

Has a couple more years on his contract, but you'd think could well be shopped around if we can't fit him in the side… has really been treading water since he signed that big contract 3 years ago IMO.

Do we ever play Port or Adelaide at home??! I may be mistaken but I can't remember a home game v Port in the last 3-4 years.
Sort of an anomaly of all the fixed requests clubs put in IMO, especially once GWS and Gold Coast came in. In the last 3 years we've only had one game a year against Essendon and they were all in Melbourne. Same with Collingwood I think.

I would guess Battle and Brown out injured .
Bruce and Goddard ( I hope ) in.
Seeing how Richo hates making changes to a winning side then that’s it . Longer will be very lucky again . Rice and Joyce did enough to hold their place.

My question mark is still on Weller . I only saw the highlights of the Melbourne game . Can someone who was there say whether he deserves to hold his spot still .

I’m happy to have Bruce back in the side but disappointing for Battle.
I think while Brown is out injured we have to see if Goddard is up to it now and I hope he is .

Go Saints

I would guess Battle and Brown out injured .
Bruce and Goddard ( I hope ) in.
Seeing how Richo hates making changes to a winning side then that’s it . Longer will be very lucky again . Rice and Joyce did enough to hold their place.

My question mark is still on Weller . I only saw the highlights of the Melbourne game . Can someone who was there say whether he deserves to hold his spot still .

I’m happy to have Bruce back in the side but disappointing for Battle.
I think while Brown is out injured we have to see if Goddard is up to it now and I hope he is .

Go Saints

Thought Weller was better this week. Doesn’t show on stats but at the game applied pressure which our forward lacks. Wouldn’t be playing if long was fit but we don’t an obvious replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing about Newnes and Weller - we kicked 18 goals this week. Considering the troubles we've been having scoring goals, there is certainly a feeling we shouldn't make any changes to the forward line. One has to happen because Battle is injured, but leave the rest alone. Weller had 15 disposals (which is essentially his career average) and Newnes kicked a nice goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back