Autopsy Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutsy win. Fantastic to see some fight, would have been so disappointing to just throw away the season. Sinclair and Hill enormous. Don’t mind if they make mistakes, they get us going. Best game from Marshall in a while. Forward line more functional with King up the ground. Hopefully get some confidence back from the win and play better next week against Fremantle. Next 4 are winnable.

S9uNJXv.gif

aRsk613.gif
This brought the biggest smile to my face.

Great win - fantastic all round performance from EVERYONE. No passengers anywhere on the ground.

I'm sure people have made enough comments about Sinclair, Hill, Members, the midfield etc etc so a couple of observations

People give Doogs a hard time - did a great job on McKay until he was injured.

Windy looks like he will be a beauty - seems to have a pretty good footy brain.

Loved the incident where Gresh virtually got a possession before he got on the ground. Ran through the interchange and kicked the ball off the ground just before it was going out of bounds. Hit a Saints player on the chest.

NWM - woo hoo - sign him up!!!

Back to my pet bugbear - "if they kicked straight they'd have killed us"

Bulls*** - you miss a goal, yep you increase your chances for another i50. You miss several in a row, you increase the chance the opposition will go coast to coast because you eventually get sucked into pressing too hard. And it happened - the dumb commentators say "its against the flow"

You kick a goal it goes back to centre square - and we won the centre square clearances.

Hey Pluggs - I was pretty impressed with how that old bloke got to those contests in the forward line ;)
Yes he did well early before he got tired. Did you notice who started in the ruck and up forward? He also attended 20 of the 28 centre bounces. We got the rucks exactly right. Paddy does the most but quick changes especially against one ruck. De konning was fantastic but got very tired up against 2 rucks.

After watching Jacob weitering’s pre- game interview, i just new we’d win! Such a head wobbling flog.

Can't wait for someone to come on and tell me the umps were ok
I actually thought they were, we were very bad with tackling and scragging.
The latter in particular.
Carlton definitely deserved more frees in their forward half than they got.
Battle, Wilkie, Howard and Webb all big offenders
Completely different sense of their performance from the tv coverage I grant you.

Yes he did well early before he got tired. Did you notice who started in the ruck and up forward? He also attended 20 of the 28 centre bounces. We got the rucks exactly right. Paddy does the most but quick changes especially against one ruck. De konning was fantastic but got very tired up against 2 rucks.
The old bloke got tired because he play virtually the whole of the last qtr as the ruck. And yep, he did do well as the main ruck but clearly showed his forward craft as well. Best thing last night was seeing Ro start clunking marks around the ground again. Best agme from him for ages.

It was interesting how they set up the forward line last night. About time they moved away from kicking long to three talls competing for the same mark.

The old bloke got tired because he play virtually the whole of the last qtr as the ruck. And yep, he did do well as the main ruck but clearly showed his forward craft as well. Best thing last night was seeing Ro start clunking marks around the ground again. Best agme from him for ages.

It was interesting how they set up the forward line last night. About time they moved away from kicking long to three talls competing for the same mark.
Yep better set up. One marking player further up the ground which was either king or membery. Paddy deep because he is older and also has to ruck. Marshall can only get better. Behind sinclair I thought he was our best.

Completely different sense of their performance from the tv coverage I grant you.
Bad take. I usually wait til I’m home if I’m at the ground to judge the umpiring cause it really hard at the ground, I also rarely ever say the umpiring impacted the game.

Last night was absolutely deplorable.

Playing 2 rucks is so important to our structure and they way we play.

We cannot go into another game with just one ruckman.

The snowball effect it has on our Forward line and backline is massive.

It allows king to play more freely, we have the kick down the line when needed and can push back to fill the hole in defence.

We don't play with a true CHF like Richmond, Syd ect We play with the 2nd ruck instead.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The butler holding the ball free kick was comical!

Umpiring on Friday nights is always different for some reason.

The butler holding the ball free kick was comical!

Umpiring on Friday nights is always different for some reason.

Yes that was crazy. The umpire knew butler was playing for a free so fine don’t give him a free but for gods sake don’t give it against him. He had it for point one of a second and didn’t have control of the footy

Jack Sinclair looked like he has developed 360 degree vision. Just a beautiful game from him. 37 disposals, 28 kicks and very few errors, he was outstanding. He had more metres gained than Walsh and Cripps put together.

It looked like somebody put Brad Hills foot to sleep at halftime. His first few kicks in the second half were atrocious. Somebody also needs to improve his skills when he takes possession and goes immediately into a tackle contest. That fend he tries never comes off and he gets pinged for it.

Jack Billings looks like he has lost faith in his kicking.

Boys worked hard to present in front of the footy today and good to see us trying to honour that hard work by giving it to them.

Gutsy win. The weekend just got a lot brighter!
Agree with Billings always takes the safe option now with his kicking

I think they both were up the ground at different times. And I don’t mean membery going back late. As all forward lines should do you rotate deep and then up the ground. We still need king to be mainly deep. He is our best contested forward mark and by some distance
Like him up the ground a bit where he can show off more of his athleticism, being stuck in the goal square seems to cramp his style.

Like him up the ground a bit where he can show off more of his athleticism, being stuck in the goal square seems to cramp his style.
He should do both as should membery. Marshall or paddy can play deeper when they aren’t rucking. When we win king up the ground looks fine as soon as we don’t win and can’t kick goals most want king deep. A bit of both is the way to go.

Yes that was crazy. The umpire knew butler was playing for a free so fine don’t give him a free but for gods sake don’t give it against him. He had it for point one of a second and didn’t have control of the footy
The non 50 was just as bad, the whole point of the protected zone is to encourage players to play on and take space, if there’s no whistle that has to be 50.

Was also a 10 minute span in the third quarter I think where the umpire was just making up frees for them on their half forward flank.

The 50 to motlop in the dying seconds.

I almost don’t even bother with the inconsistency on holding the ball anymore cause the umpires department have completely cooked that rule.

The only “good thing” about poor Hunter and Butler’s clash was that it gave Paddy a chance to rest a bit. Without Doogs and Roma for what seemed to be ages, that was really a win against the odds.

The non 50 was just as bad, the whole point of the protected zone is to encourage players to play on and take space, if there’s no whistle that has to be 50.

Was also a 10 minute span in the third quarter I think where the umpire was just making up frees for them on their half forward flank.

The 50 to motlop in the dying seconds.

I almost don’t even bother with the inconsistency on holding the ball anymore cause the umpires department have completely cooked that rule.
Yep should have been 50. Not even a protected zone decision. Our player was tackled before he moved. Anyway I still only worry about the umpiring during a game. Once the siren rings I’m over it. I will tell you one thing though. I have a shocking hangover so the Ormond boys are going to get real bad umpiring in the seconds today instead of just bad.

This is Monday or Tuesday talk...for the next two days we gloat and discuss how good all of our players are (even the crap one's) talk about Wilkie's demolition job on one of the best forwards in the league circa. 2022, and how many All Australians we will have by the end of the year.
Reality can wait 48 hours.
Ok I’ll subscribe to that. A happy morning where I can bask in those blue bagger tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back