Autopsy Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the end it really gets back to the rucks with our side. Obviously they are important to all side but particularly us. Marshall certainly can be the best follower in the game. Obviously paddy coming to an end but still vital. Relying on them is the hard part though. Need a few more strings to that bow. We need to find a way to beat good sides when they are average. By the way de konning is going to be a star. Basically rucked the whole game against 2 bloody good players. Got a leap on him.
Would love to get both de konings. Key defender and a ruck would be nice things to fill in

Jack Sinclair looked like he has developed 360 degree vision. Just a beautiful game from him. 37 disposals, 28 kicks and very few errors, he was outstanding. He had more metres gained than Walsh and Cripps put together.

It looked like somebody put Brad Hills foot to sleep at halftime. His first few kicks in the second half were atrocious. Somebody also needs to improve his skills when he takes possession and goes immediately into a tackle contest. That fend he tries never comes off and he gets pinged for it.

Jack Billings looks like he has lost faith in his kicking.

Boys worked hard to present in front of the footy today and good to see us trying to honour that hard work by giving it to them.

Gutsy win. The weekend just got a lot brighter!

I rate Sincs so highly that I was shocked that he had 2 turnovers out of 37 disposals. He's easily our best player these days. I know he won't poll as well as Steele did in the Brownlow but his dynamic movement, speed, 2 way game and clean use put him in the very rarest of players. HBFs don't get a lot of love but he's a proper star quality one.

I like that Hill, even though he made some mistakes taking the game on he took the game on anyway. You'd rather go down in flames than sit in the corner sucking your thumb. He motors around and takes off to break lines. I want more of that even if he gets caught.

Billings is a very low confidence player. He seems to have mental demons holding him back. It's like he overthinks everything he does. When he is forced to play on quickly or snap without time to doubt himself he's good. Otherwise he holds up play like you can see the cogs slowly turning trying to bring him undone.

I rate Sincs so highly that I was shocked that he had 2 turnovers out of 37 disposals. He's easily our best player these days. I know he won't poll as well as Steele did in the Brownlow but his dynamic movement, speed, 2 way game and clean use put him in the very rarest of players. HBFs don't get a lot of love but he's a proper star quality one.

I like that Hill, even though he made some mistakes taking the game on he took the game on anyway. You'd rather go down in flames than sit in the corner sucking your thumb. He motors around and takes off to break lines. I want more of that even if he gets caught.

Billings is a very low confidence player. He seems to have mental demons holding him back. It's like he overthinks everything he does. When he is forced to play on quickly or snap without time to doubt himself he's good. Otherwise he holds up play like you can see the cogs slowly turning trying to bring him undone.
Fantastic that Sinclair mentioned that hill being back brought pressure off him. They couldn’t tag both so one got off the chain

Harsh on billings. Thought he was good and a vital player last night. Sinclair is clearly our best player but I think Marshall is our most important player and paddy not far behind.

Roma's best game this year. Seemed to be moving around the ground a lot better than in previous games. Signs that he is over those niggles that seemed to be restricting him and now we are seeing his true capabilities.
I thought he played very well last week as well. Marshall isn’t a forward. He is a follower and that’s how he plays his best footy.

Replay on...

Kevin James Eating GIF by TV Land

Yep should have been 50. Not even a protected zone decision. Our player was tackled before he moved. Anyway I still only worry about the umpiring during a game. Once the siren rings I’m over it. I will tell you one thing though. I have a shocking hangover so the Ormond boys are going to get real bad umpiring in the seconds today instead of just bad.
If you’re playing twos you should expect abhorrent umpiring.

Throw in a random 50 for dissent when someone rolls their eyes just for us plugger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh on billings. Thought he was good and a vital player last night. Sinclair is clearly our best player but I think Marshall is our most important player and paddy not far behind.

I have to ask what did Billings do that seemed vital to you last night?

24 of the most invisible touches I've ever seen. There was a moment in the 2nd he had a clear target in the middle of the ground and you could see him hesitate because he was scared of screwing up so he took yet another safe boring kick to the boundary line.

I want him to be the matchwinner he was meant to be not this shell shocked vanilla nothing. He needs to spend some time with his mate Sincs

Pretty funny seeing Carlton supporters raging about the themed game (violence against women), sounds exactly like us from the past 2 weeks (spuds, pride game)
While I absolutely respect the club's for supporting all these causes maybe it should be scaled back to more of an off field thing as maybe it does cause some slight distractions for the players.
All AFL clubs are big enough to influence positive changes to these causes in an off field capacity without the added on field show of colours/jumpers/ceremonies etc.

If you’re playing twos you should expect abhorrent umpiring.

Throw in a random 50 for dissent when someone rolls their eyes just for us plugger.
You are joking. I miss the abuse. Takes the fun out of crap footy. And it is crap. Last week we kicked one goal. The other side kicked 23. I really feel that bad this could be my last day on earth. I had that many last night that when I got home I did Uber eats because I thought I didn’t eat at the footy then this morning I realised we had a sit down meal in the medallion club.

I have to ask what did Billings do that seemed vital to you last night?

24 of the most invisible touches I've ever seen. There was a moment in the 2nd he had a clear target in the middle of the ground and you could see him hesitate because he was scared of screwing up so he took yet another safe boring kick to the boundary line.

I want him to be the matchwinner he was meant to be not this shell shocked vanilla nothing. He needs to spend some time with his mate Sincs
Based on that about 15 players need to spend time with him. Let’s face it if billings was pick 50 we would be happy with how he plays. As for last night he was a link up player and worked back in defence. You don’t take 10 marks if you aren’t working to space.

Let’s be honest though McKay beat him but that’s not his fault. McKay is huge.

A couple of the kicks in to McKay were impossible to stop to be fair. If Battle or Joyce or Howard get isolated like that they are going to struggle. The only way a couple of those weren't getting into his hands were if a guy like Battle had been free to cut across in front.

The game was there to be won, we had lost Howard , Marshall was off , Clark and Butler off .

Umpires giving you the world as per every game you have played this year.

So maybe ask yourself why you crapped the bed and couldn’t get the job done .

Mentally inept kicking at goal, and when push came to shove and the game had to be won you went missing .

Call it fourth gear call it streets ahead I call it typical Carlton bunch of arrogant flogs players and supporters who thought it would just happen for them .

Got what you deserved, only thing that matters is the score.
Like we aren't mentally inept at goal kicking?? Have you watched us play this year and basically kick ourselves out of games? All well and good to get stuck into an oppo supporter but gee go with something that isn't a direct crack at us too nuffy

A couple of the kicks in to McKay were impossible to stop to be fair. If Battle or Joyce or Howard get isolated like that they are going to struggle. The only way a couple of those weren't getting into his hands were if a guy like Battle had been free to cut across in front.
I’m knocking battle but McKay didn’t score when Howard was on him. Well he got a point when Howard got injured. I really like battle but I don’t like him that deep. Joyce will have to come in next week. And yes some were impossible to stop.

Horses for courses, Naughton and Ugle Hagan next week. Not sure Joyce can really play on either. Almost stick with Battle for Naughton and accept that he’ll get done in the air, rely on Wilkie to intercept if battle can stop Naughton’s run.

Edit - we have freo next week, Joyce seems ideal for taberner to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back