Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

When in the heat of the battle winning always overrides any other agenda. Emotionally I can’t support anything other than getting a win, it’s just not possible for me.

Yeah the game sucked but I’m still glad we won.

Unless we go on some ridiculous run out of nowhere to end this season, Kenny is gone at the end of the year so I’m quite comfortable where that sits. Not sure there is much to gain pulling the trigger now.

We looked okay early and felt like it was going to be an easy win but then the umpires made a couple really bad decisions that changed the momentum and from there it was just a scrap, but standard Ross v Ken though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Marshall is out next week would they consider playing Ratugolea up forward? Ollie Lord isn't exactly firing and 17 possessions for 4 goals across 3 games since his return is not really good enough so maybe Esava could come into the forward line even if Todd is fit? Not saying it will happen as it is just a thought.
I definitely think it's worth a try. Doubt the coaches will though.

Yeah well I reckon Essendon have less chance playing finals than we do.
YebI used Essendon and Freo as an example because they both have had draws.
They being 3rd and 4th presently are teams above us that % won’t be a factor if things get tight.
Anyway The Suns have a better percentage than Collingwood, Woop De Doo!
Yeah you’re missing the point.

The win loss column determines who plays finals, but the percentage column is the best indicator of who the real contenders are.

Sort the ladder by percentage after 10-12 games and you pretty much always get a clearer picture of form.

101% -11th in the comp - over half way through the season is a strong indicator that we are an absolutely mediocre team.

Rozee only listens to those in the football club and not the fans as we don't matter. Nice
Echo chamber.

That's half their problem. Desperately need some new ideas, some different voices and someone to shake up their world with some harsh home truths.

I thought Rozee was quite good today, which was pleasing. Our mids were much better overall.

Allir and BZT looked much better today too. Defence wasn’t too bad.

The reason the game ended up being only a 2 point win because our forward line is diabolical at the moment.

Missing SPP and Rioli massively.

Yeah you’re missing the point.

The win loss column determines who plays finals, but the percentage column is the best indicator of who the real contenders are.

Sort the ladder by percentage after 10-12 games and you pretty much always get a clearer picture of form.

101% -11th in the comp - over half way through the season is a strong indicator that we are an absolutely mediocre team.
Depends also if you double up on the shyt teams in a season.
Last year was a good example with the Crows ending up with the 4th best % for the year because they doubled up on a very shyt North and Eagles sides.
Made a massive difference to there percentage.

A turd of a game.

But sometimes a gritty, grind it out kind of win can get the confidence back and get the team moving in the right direction.

Elements of the game looked really good. And we were able to adjust mid game.

Conversion was poor and skill errors became contagious.

JHF was BOG.
Finlayson had a great third term. Butters carried us early.
Sweet had an ok game despite Marshall tearing us a new one.
Farrell, BZT, Drew, Jones, Bergman all had good games but moments of costly errors.
Mitch didn’t fight hard enough and Todd seemed lost. Lord gave effort but not much else. DBJ would be line ball to keep his spot.

Evans was good.
Lorenz had a five minute game that suggested there is a future there.

We are clearly capable but the belief is lacking.

When in the heat of the battle winning always overrides any other agenda. Emotionally I can’t support anything other than getting a win, it’s just not possible for me.

Unless we go on some ridiculous run out of nowhere to end this season, Kenny is gone at the end of the year so I’m quite comfortable where that sits. Not sure there is much to gain pulling the trigger now.

We looked okay early and felt like it was going to be an easy win but then the umpires made a couple really bad decisions that changed the momentum and from there it was just a scrap, but standard Ross v Ken though.

Na, I'm beyond that now. Only good thing was I tipped Port. I wanted a loss, and Hinkleys post game antics showed me just how close he was to being sacked. 1 more late goal to the Saints and we have a sacked coach come Monday I reckon.

Most of these flogs spent all week on our board pleading for a stkilda win.
And now onto the Dogs!

Animated GIF

Both Aliir and BZT looked much better organised without Ratugolea there.

Maybe Ford Fairlanes's suggestion to play him up forward could be the way to go as there is no doubt he has been extremely disappointing as a key defender.

Yeah I’d swap him for a Finlayson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile in the real world, Narkle had 13 touches and 1 goal, and McEntee had 8 touches and 1 goal the week before. And one plays an attacking role and the other defensive.

And both weeks DBJ has looked like his soul left his body

DBJ is trash, swap him with Rioli or nasty canasta.

I listened to Treaders and Timmy and then watched the replay. Timmy was particularly harsh on Marshall. Watching the replay I thought his efforts were good. Kicking was pretty awful but his attitude seemed much better. He did a lot of defensive work. Same with Finlayson. Overall the game was an eyesore but hey that's Ross Lyon at his best.

Marshall goes for marks like he has tyrannosaurus arms.

Depends also if you double up on the shyt teams in a season.
Last year was a good example with the Crows ending up with the 4th best % for the year because they doubled up on a very shyt North and Eagles sides.
Made a massive difference to there percentage.
It’s not that big of a factor once you’ve gotten about a dozen games in the mix.

Port have only won 2 games by 10+ goals since the start of last year: one against North and once v the Dons.

We are a mediocre side and that’s why we don’t beat up the bad sides that badly.

I’d argue the crows would be seen as a much bigger threat if they made finals this year than what we would be.

What business is it of yours?

Let down the tyres on Old Man Fagan’s wheelchair for all we care, you do you.

This bizarre entitlement of opposition fans and Melbourne media to tell us off for how we react to an unprecedented dozen years of this expert in futility, is absurd.
Yeh they can all f*ck off & mind their own God damn business.

Na, I'm beyond that now. Only good thing was I tipped Port. I wanted a loss, and Hinkleys post game antics showed me just how close he was to being sacked. 1 more late goal to the Saints and we have a sacked coach come Monday I reckon.

Yeah I suppose but i’m not convinced it achieves much sacking him now as opposed to waiting until the season officially cooked.

MG's miss on the siren summed up that game perfectly. 4.13 after quarter time and goalless final quarter. We were no better than last week, only difference was the quality of opposition.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think last week we didn’t have a winner on the ground, it was a pretty much the whole team playing terribly, particular from about the 5th minute of the second quarter where it was even and then they kicked 12 goals in a row, which was just ridiculous to happen in the modern game.

Today albeit against crap opposition we at least had some winners on the ground. Allir and BZT played well, it’s been a while that our defence hasn’t looked like complete rabble.

And the midfield were on top after 3 weeks of getting their arses handed to them.

It’s the forward line that’s remained a mess, hence the 4.13 after quarter time. They were given enough chances today though and we should’ve won by a lot more.

This is a fairytale. Hinkley shuved it up the non believers. This is like a rocky Balboa movie, Hinkley running up the stairs, crying Aaaariannnnnne
Hinkley would stop about a dozen steps from the top and everyone would applaud him for taking the smelly old tracksuit to such heights.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit the same, as much as I want Ken out, I can never want to see us lose a game.

I do really want him to leave as soon as possible for a couple of reasons. One is that, the sooner he leaves we get to see a bit of Josh taking the reins before they can just slot him straight into the chair. I also worry that the later Ken is announced as leaving the less time we have to organise a proper external search for his replacement, and I'm also hoping that if Ken goes pretty soon then we may see the back of a few more as soon as the season ends.

I'm also a bit over all the personal attacks on Ken, I think I'm probably a bit 'old school'. I'm certainly not a fan, but I figure we have all the ammunition we need just by focusing on the quality of his coaching without resorting to some of the other stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back