YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Making it now since I feel like people will want to vent their frustrations and pick who they want gone from the team. Since I can't watch the game, I can't really say who should go..... But judging by the game day thread so far.....

OUT: Clarke (forever apparently)

Making it now since I feel like people will want to vent their frustrations and pick who they want gone from the team. Since I can't watch the game, I can't really say who should go..... But judging by the game day thread so far.....

OUT: Clarke (forever apparently)
In: Blakeley and Weller
We desperately need more class. Time to blood them...IMHO we should have had them both in 2 months ago.

Out
Ballantyne
De Boer
Clarke
In
Blakely/Weller/Langdon
Crozier/Sutcliffe
Griffin.

So basically what most of the forum have been calling for for the past 5 weeks or so?

Every man and his dog could have predicted what would happen today. We have forwards who think it's not their job to kick goals, lazy ruckmen, out of form and out of position small defenders etc.

What were we expecting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man hope the young guys get played. Clarke has been shite, along with Duffield. Seem like droppings do absolutely sweet FA to perform.

In:
Griffen/Hannath
Weller
Croizer
Taberner (why the F^^^K wasn't he playing today, nil rain FFS!

Out:
Ballas (need to do a Lindsay Thomas on him.. he's not too good to be dropped. Drop him for a few games.)
Clarke(piss off. Can't remember the last solid game he played).
Duffield.. Nuff said
Mayne.. If he gets dropped to backline half way through the game then isn't enough up forward

How do you get the confidence back we were playing with earlier in the season? We are only missing Johnson, Dawson/Silvagni (at a stretch) from our best 22, forward line is not working and its hard to see who we can bring in to fix that

Alex Pearce is proving in spades than young under-developed players if they are good enough can come in and really play.
He gives us drive, creativity and defends well. And he would never have gotten a game if Dawson or Silvagni was available because of our conservative selection policy.
I've been arguing for weeks that this team isn't good enough and that we need to expose more of the youngsters to see what they can bring so we can phase out the players who although they give their all are very limited.
Others have argued that now is not the time to make changes because we are in premiership mode but I think its fair to say that today has proved we are no premiership threat with this team and game-plan.
Its time for a mid-season mini rebuild. We need to find 2 or 3 players that can make a difference from those that are untried. Its no use playing musical chairs with the incumbents.
I suggest that Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Duffy maybe Grey can all play at the level and change the dynamics of the team.
Persisting with the incumbents is as good as admitting defeat.

In: Crowley if we happen to play them in a prelim/gf later in the year, mitchell will almost beat us singlehandedly again otherwise

Alex Pearce is proving in spades than young under-developed players if they are good enough can come in and really play.
He gives us drive, creativity and defends well. And he would never have gotten a game if Dawson or Silvagni was available because of our conservative selection policy.
I've been arguing for weeks that this team isn't good enough and that we need to expose more of the youngsters to see what they can bring so we can phase out the players who although they give their all are very limited.
Others have argued that now is not the time to make changes because we are in premiership mode but I think its fair to say that today has proved we are no premiership threat with this team and game-plan.
Its time for a mid-season mini rebuild. We need to find 2 or 3 players that can make a difference from those that are untried. Its no use playing musical chairs with the incumbents.
I suggest that Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Duffy maybe Grey can all play at the level and change the dynamics of the team.
Persisting with the incumbents is as good as admitting defeat.
Just enough stuffing around with the team. Play players in their positions and hold some accountable. We cant hold on to Ballas, Mayne and wait for them to perform. IF they cant then bring in Croizer and Weller.

Ballas has to go back to the WAFL after that. Can't hold his feet, can't even lack a tackle at the moment.

Duffield is just plain shite. Out.

And Clarke is soft as butter.

Bring in some youngsters. A. Pearce was about the only positive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back