Opinion Round 16 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin apparently a certainty to be called-up - so happy if true.

I've been defending that campaigner Zaarke for 3 years now but that bubble has burst. Give him a swag and send him trekking back across the Nullabor... he might make it to Melbourne in time for the GF.

Thing I'm most concerned about this Saturday:

d25cc1eac232764403d9bd3ddcfc002b.jpg

That ill-fated attempt was right in front of me (right in front of me I tell ya!). I was quite bummed he spilled it actually cos it would have been pretty cool to say I was sitting about 20m away from the MOTY whenever it was. He was up a bloody long way.

Possibly Sandi out? We are barely top-heavy anyway, Clarke/Sandi with Pav up forward is hardly tall. Hawthorn, on the other hand, have Hale, McEvoy and Gunston with Roughead - when he plays. Just ruckmen that can pinch hit really well up forward- which Clarke/Sandi are hardly worth anything at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play Griff, Pav and Tabs in the forward line, then we will need Ballas, Sonny and Mayne too play deep and work on crumbing. These guys pushing up into the midfield has not been working for us. When we play Mayne more deep forward, he seems to get on the scoreboard more - he has been too far up the ground of late.

Another option under consideration is to put Ballas midfield and bring Croz into forward 50. DeBoer could get a rest.

If we play Griff, Pav and Tabs in the forward line, then we will need Ballas, Sonny and Mayne too play deep and work on crumbing. These guys pushing up into the midfield has not been working for us. When we play Mayne more deep forward, he seems to get on the scoreboard more - he has been too far up the ground of late.

Another option under consideration is to put Ballas midfield and bring Croz into forward 50. DeBoer could get a rest.

I have seen this elsewhere and it makes no sense.

Croz is a natural midfielder.
Ballas is a natural forward.

Why would you play them in alternating roles?

I have seen this elsewhere and it makes no sense.

Croz is a natural midfielder.
Ballas is a natural forward.

Why would you play them in alternating roles?

Ballas did begin his footy as a midfielder BUT saying that, he did win the Sandover on the back of moving into the fwd.

Were any of the WAFL boys training with the main squad? Weller, Blakely, Crozier, Sutcliffe?
Seems unlikely there will be a debut or Ross would have announced it this morning I would think...

4 changes according to Ryan Daniels with Clancee one of them...

Thinking Ins will be Griff, Crozier, Taberner and Sutcliffe
Outs will be Clancee, Clarke, De Boer and Suban

This is the perfect game for you guys to re-gain some form.
You'll be feasting on our injury-riddled carcass, dysfunctional forward line and slow as treacle midfield.

Lucky I like watching you guys :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back