Opinion Round 16 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid changes. No statements made against big names who aren't pulling their weight, and dropping one of the blokes who's actually over achieved this season. This is the reason we're treading water the last 6 weeks or so. Very quickly starting to lose faith in Lyon beyond this year.
Huh?

How does Mzungu get dropped ahead of Suban? Suban came on as a sub and promptly turned the ball over 3 times or something in uncontested situations..
Only thing I can think of is that Gu was used instead of Tabs on the weekend so it was a direct in and out instead of making structural changes (on top of CP) to our midfield.

you can add Mzungu to Duffield being nearly finished. some of you overestimate his impact. one paced. only to come back if injury forces it. time for debuts ahead of those 2
Yeah looks like it. Having said that I think he offers more than Suban or DeBoer

As long as walters, hills ,croz, and d,peace can interchange their position occasionally got no problem. Suban vest, deboer soft tagger.

Whats the average age for the team now that Sutcliffe, Taberner, Crozier are in with A.Pearce, Neale, Sheridan??

Interesting that Clancee is out. He was doing really well at the start of the year and I think he was doing pretty good recently also?

Clarke for griff is good. REALLY hope griff can kick a few goals.
Duffield for Suttcliffe is meh, neither has really impressed at afl. Although fully confident Duffield >>> Suttcliffe
Crozier for C.Pearce is weird. C.Pearce been playing well i thought, hoping Croz can fire
Taberner for Muz is ok. Hoping Tabs can stay back in the team.

Nah, Clancee was terrible last week and only slightly better the week before but still poor. Having said that some have been terrible for weeks and stay in but I guess Clancee plays a position where we have (experienced) options.

Clancee very stiff.

DeBoer & Subes lucky. Think both are best suited to the sub rule, especially DeBoer. Subsn has had some reasonable impact at times in playing an accountable role on an opposition player such as Nathan Jones but really needs to give some more.

Weller & the other kids, would've been good to see one at least this week.

Mzungu had a shocker of a final against port, maybe Ross is holding a grudge for that. Duff has also let us down in finals at times.

Griffin can only ruck, he can't play forward as well as Zac (when he is trying) but happy to see him rewarded with a game and hope we see Sandi forward a bit more.

We miss the round (GC ,brisbane) to try kids. Now no choice but stick with it. Hope that people here dont blame tab, and croz ( play less game that other player) when injuries and suspension happen to star(faye ,mundy , barlow hills) players and force to bring in kids in later round. Actually dont mind switching tab and mayne to backline when thing not working got elvis and a pearce to exchange position.

So what did eveyone want? Did you expect RTB to make 5+ changes?
It's not the number of changes, it's the lack of imagination. He has made 4 changes, none of which involves a debutant. There was never a better chance than this week to give Weller or Blakely a run and see what they have to offer.

Oh well, business as usual I guess.

How does Mzungu get dropped ahead of Suban? Suban came on as a sub and promptly turned the ball over 3 times or something in uncontested situations..
I wish I knew.

It's not as if he has an important role. He's been sub three of the past for games.

Would I be able to buy tickets at the gate for Saturday's match, or should I get them online now? Just how much are they at the gate?
TIA, and sorry for the intrusion.

Anybody think that Griffen playing acknowledges the fact that the opposition have worked out our ruck, tapwork? Gives the midfield
A different dynamic.Griffen will do more around the pill, and get involved, Someone needs to watch Fyfes back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would I be able to buy tickets at the gate for Saturday's match, or should I get them online now? Just how much are they at the gate?
TIA, and sorry for the intrusion.
Reckon you'd be safer trying to get them online. Can't see there being many at the gate - Freo games are usually sold out, and the only tix available are the members' resale seats, which you can get through ticketmaster.

I wish I knew.

It's not as if he has an important role. He's been sub three of the past for games.
Keep him maybe lefty and good in wet like other said. De boer maybe as tagger ( Give him chance only play handful of match like gu in afl this year) . The question now is d.pearce, sheriden can they free up hills with quality inside 50 we all knew freo best kicker is hills and mundy.

Pretty happy with the changes actually apart from suban and maybe d.pearce( a little late to try kids to replace him) so hoping he get injured in early round.

So what did eveyone want? Did you expect RTB to make 5+ changes?
Nope, around 2 or 3 including 1 debutant. Still Grey, Langdon, Weller, Blakely and Ballard should of got a game or 2 under their belts now. I don't care if they are mids, give them all a game rotating a half forward flank and bench if needed.

Stoked with the changes.. We're not getting a debutant in during th season, just not Ross' go. Normally it's the start of the season and progress from there. Suban/de boer surely on last chance. Mzungu really hasn't done anything this season. Sutty back is a tough one, hope he cleaned up his disposal.
Back line of
Suttcliffe, A. Pearce, Spurr
S. Hill, mcpharlin, ibbotson
Interesting..

It's not the number of changes, it's the lack of imagination. He has made 4 changes, none of which involves a debutant. There was never a better chance than this week to give Weller or Blakely a run and see what they have to offer.

Oh well, business as usual I guess.
Agreed. Would've liked to see Weller too. Outside of the inclusion of Weller tho, it's not like no changes were made. Some would've liked more changes or different outs but to go on like this is the end of times seems a bit much. Clarke, CP and Duff just had to go and Tabs and Croz had to come in.
I'm not convinced that we still won't see the kids soon but that the changes this week were of more urgency.

Last edited:
Nope, around 2 or 3 including 1 debutant. Still Grey, Langdon, Weller, Blakely and Ballard should of got a game or 2 under their belts now. I don't care if they are mids, give them all a game rotating a half forward flank and bench if needed.
Who were your ins and outs?

Pretty happy with the changes actually apart from suban and maybe d.pearce( a little late to try kids to replace him) so hoping he get injured in early round.
PearceD can be hopeless (and mostly is) and I'd love it if RTB would make the call, but hoping one of our players gets injured is not on. Or was something lost in the translation?

Just so you know, Clancee was dropped because of a suspected concussion. Most likely will come straight back into the team next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back