Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Snake today at a coaching camp. Bandage on leg and a definite limp. Is surely not going to get up..

Snake a bit limp and not getting up. 😬

so looks like darling again survives if waterman is an out.

Out: Flynn, chesser,
In: dewar, Jwill

Maric to play in chessers role.
dewar to sub

i'd love to see culley & trew get a months worth of games in their preferred positions but you know that just isnt going to occur.

Chesser is a young, physically gifted player with production issues who's development was compromised.

And we play him in a zero reward, low production and confidence killing defensive wing position. Where nothing happens until it does and you're crushed on transition.

Absolutely wild suggestion, but why not play the developing kid in a much easier position where he's drawn to the contest and can receive cheap handoff touches? The position made famous by nearly every club for helping develop raw but talented midfielders develop. A position we're slow as **** in!

I can almost guarantee that when Simpson gets the arse the first thing the new coach will do will be plunking Chesser at half-back. **** me.

Chesser is a young, physically gifted player with production issues who's development was compromised.

And we play him in a zero reward, low production and confidence killing defensive wing position. Where nothing happens until it does and you're crushed on transition.

Absolutely wild suggestion, but why not play the developing kid in a much easier position where he's drawn to the contest and can receive cheap handoff touches? The position made famous by nearly every club for helping develop raw but talented midfielders develop. A position we're slow as **** in!

I can almost guarantee that when Simpson gets the arse the first thing the new coach will do will be plunking Chesser at half-back. **** me.
You have to have a modicum of courage to play in the backline. Haven't seen any sign of it yet in Chesser.

If you look through his match clips you'll see some. He goes at the contested ball harder than a few others
I'm probably too harsh but I sit on the wing at Optus and numerous times I see him get to a contest, stop and ball watch, hunting the ball doesn't come naturally to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably too harsh but I sit on the wing at Optus and numerous times I see him get to a contest, stop and ball watch, hunting the ball doesn't come naturally to him.
Is it him or the way he's been coached to play though. He seems to crack in ok when he has to but he does tend to wait for a recieve when others are around. It makes me think he's been told to do it. Maybe following instructions too much.

Last edited:
Lets play all our young guys for the rest of the season so this season is not a total disaster.
Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Rawlinson
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Follwers Livingstone Yeo Reid
Bench Culley Chesser Edwards Maric

Delistings 2024 JD, Witho, Sheed, Gaff, Rothman if we have to pay out contracts for all these players

Your posts just get increasingly more and more silly.

I say we play Liam Ryan’s twin 4 year olds in each of the forward pockets! 🤪

They aren’t on our list yet but it’ll bring our age profile way down!

Agree with this, so why not play him where he's led to the ball over and over and can't second guess himself.

Regarding courage, most people don't naturally have reckless courage. It's built up over time. You need to know what your body is capable of and then trust it.

Very hard to do when your time is spent running rails unopposed.

The Chesser being scared of contact calls are dead wrong, for those at the game and paying attention, he was seeking hawks bodies the whole fourth including big Lloyd Meek.

I do think he is lacking confidence in his play this season, probably feels that he should not be the one demanding the pill but there’s plenty of occasions where he is actually in the right position for a handball receive or short hit up and gets burnt.

90% of the team aren’t wanting to take on those short hit up kicks, very rare to see us take a 20m 45, players opting to kick long down the line instead.

The tackle on Weddle was impressive, he’d be one of the harder players to bring down in the league at full flight.

Some ones gotta tell the kid to just go for it, we’re getting pumped most games anyway so there’s nothing to lose.

For all this talk of Culley the midfield bull, Culley too slow!
This kid is a natural forward.
Very strong in the air ( surprisingly so ).
When he’s forward he just naturally finds the right bit of space to drop into.
He won a RS playing forward for Gods sake!!
Give Cripps a holiday? Yes Cripps works hard but lately he seems to tire quickly.( ideal sub)

The Chesser being scared of contact calls are dead wrong, for those at the game and paying attention, he was seeking hawks bodies the whole fourth including big Lloyd Meek.

I do think he is lacking confidence in his play this season, probably feels that he should not be the one demanding the pill but there’s plenty of occasions where he is actually in the right position for a handball receive or short hit up and gets burnt.

90% of the team aren’t wanting to take on those short hit up kicks, very rare to see us take a 20m 45, players opting to kick long down the line instead.

The tackle on Weddle was impressive, he’d be one of the harder players to bring down in the league at full flight.

Some ones gotta tell the kid to just go for it, we’re getting pumped most games anyway so there’s nothing to lose.
I did say in +@- that we were reluctant to use the 15-20m kick.You know! The one that everybody uses against us.
Is it reluctance to kick or are the players up the ground too lazy to work hard and present.
Sometimes we look ahead and it’s just stagnant.Lazy and not prepared to work and work again.The more you work the more you make the opposition work to chase you.If not the opposition just sits and waits for the 50/50 contest.Dumb!!

For all this talk of Culley the midfield bull, Culley too slow!
This kid is a natural forward.
Very strong in the air ( surprisingly so ).
When he’s forward he just naturally finds the right bit of space to drop into.
He won a RS playing forward for Gods sake!!
Give Cripps a holiday? Yes Cripps works hard but lately he seems to tire quickly.( ideal sub)
So swap out our best pressure forward who is quick for another slow tall. That should fix things.

I did say in +@- that we were reluctant to use the 15-20m kick.You know! The one that everybody uses against us.
Is it reluctance to kick or are the players up the ground too lazy to work hard and present.
Sometimes we look ahead and it’s just stagnant.Lazy and not prepared to work and work again.The more you work the more you make the opposition work to chase you.If not the opposition just sits and waits for the 50/50 contest.Dumb!!
It’s a reluctance to take the risk coming inboard, it is there to be hit fairly often.

"And we play him in a zero reward, low production and confidence killing defensive wing position."

Or we play Chesser as an offensive winger and see if he can at least match that 'soft outside spud' Sharp who has double the uncontested possession, double the effective disposals, double the metres gained and double the inside 50's when compared to Chesser.

May get his confidence up getting cheap possies and hopefully the less pressure means he could his disposal efficiency up.... currently 21st at WCE which as a club, is not great itself.

Downside would be the 30 million possies Sharp gets in the next Derby.

29 games. Averages 11 possessions. Plays unchecked on a wing. Never had 20 possessions in a match. Enough chances one would think.Don’t you?😦
If you think playing on the wing is the equivalent of being unchecked you havn’t been involved in footy at a high level. Defensive wing is the hardest position structurally on the ground. Who do you even suggest replaces him? Please don’t say gaff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back