Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind most Geelong posters

There are some cocky ones on their board
There's a few that think they should win comfortably. Not sure where the confidence is based from maybe because were not used to the ground and it apparently doesn't suit our style of play. Or they don't rate us still. Hopefully those posters will be in for a rude shock which I'm confident will happen.

I respect Geelong as a team - they have a great culture and a real sense of identity. So do we. The games are usually cracking and prone to giving supporters on both sides heart attacks.

If this was just a game of youth and pace (us) vs strategy and tactics (them) I reckon they'd get over the line. But that's not the case. Sam is coaching brilliantly and we've got too many weapons on each line.

Hawks by 25.

Has Mollison been assigned to this game yet? The kent loves Geelong - overcoming umpire bias will be one of our biggest challenges this week…

These blokes have got a free ride from the umps every week this year and expect it to be even worse down there with the home crowd… will have to take them out of it early as we did last week…
Is he one of the ones that live down there? It all makes sense why they get an easy ride now

Last edited:
I hope Mitch reminds the players to bring their mouth guards this week and there are a few players waiting in the wings to get a game!
Probably not the right ground for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly but inevitably, all good things come to an end, and The Hawk looks cooked.
I must admit I am really looking forward to this game. If we take our chances this week I think we get the job done. It will be a great game may the best team win :thumbsu:

Supporters like me are. I feel it's like turning up to an exam you just know you haven't prepared for. Current form has to be in your favour, easily
I think that win would have done wonders. Lifted the confidence of ure players. It will be a tough game. Pressure is going to be high especially early

Geelong are just never an easy side to play against no mater how well they're travelling.

There's no version of this game that is a cruisey 4-5 goal win.
They should be favourites & rightly so. This is our biggest test to date so far, our lads are brimming with confidence & maybe a bit of cockiness. The cats, while not at their peak are still a formidable opponent & at their home ground even more so, gotta be better for longer than them. A win & maybe we can think about postponing September holidays.
A cruisy 4-5 goal win maybe not but a hard fought 4-5 goal victory, it's doable.
Hawks by 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back