Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH, without the skipper, down there, Geelong returning to the top of their game, this would not only be the best win this year, but I'd say the best win since the 2015 Grand Final.
Not surprised to see Geelong shorten further with the Sicily injury, and I'd reckon will shorten further again.
Massive ask, and would be a huge surprise, but then again, I think it would be fair to say we've all been surprised on many occasions so far this year.
Game hangs on the performance of Meek, IMO.
A stat came out today- the team that wins the centre clearances at Geelong win the game. No team has won down there this years without having won that aspect of the game. I hope that allays some of your concerns.

Sicily out is a big loss. Hardwick will play back now full time.

Suspect Bruest will start and play deep fwd at Lewis's feet.

Geelong are scrambling to be competitive in the midfield, but will come up against our midfield that is humming at the moment.

Not sure who from Geelong can counter Meek, Worpel, Newcombe or Day. Danger is too arrogant to tag and other than Bowes the rest of them are C graders. Stewart won't tag but roll back to stop quick ball movement.

If we use our natural advantage in ruck and centre square and kick with a decent level of accuracy, scoreboard pressure will tell and the Cats will have too many holes 🕳 to plug.

Frost to Neale (C grader), Scrim to Cameron (A grader) and let Weddle play the Sicily intercept role, providing run as a loose man.

We have more weapons than the Cats, therefore despite punters wanting to lose their money (chances are you are going to lose...lol), this is a game on balance we go into favourites in my opinion.

Look Jimmy Bartel picked us, so you know who the sensible footy pundits think is a better team.

If we win, I will be smiling 😃 like a Cheshire cat 😸.

Believe, go Hawkers.

Is it possible and left field that Jack Gunston plays the Sicily role this week? With Mitch Lewis coming back in. Hardwick plays forward. Gunston as sweeper, is a beautiful field kick, reads the play and a good set of hands.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BACKLINE
Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Stengle - Neale - Close

Amon - Weddle - Scrimshaw
Miers - Cameron - O.Henry

MIDFIELD
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Dempsey - Bowes - Holmes

Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Blicavs - Dangerfield - Stewart

FORWARDLINE
Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Z. Guthrie - DeKoning - Duncan

Watson - Chol - Ginnivan
Tuohy - Kolodjashnij - J.Henry

INTERCHANGE
Gunston - Mackenzie - Nash - Morrison - Breust (sub)
Rohan - Knevitt - Atkins - Humphries Mannagh (sub)

Sicily out is a big loss. Hardwick will play back now full time.

Suspect Bruest will start and play deep fwd at Lewis's feet.

Geelong are scrambling to be competitive in the midfield, but will come up against our midfield that is humming at the moment.

Not sure who from Geelong can counter Meek, Worpel, Newcombe or Day. Danger is too arrogant to tag and other than Bowes the rest of them are C graders. Stewart won't tag but roll back to stop quick ball movement.

If we use our natural advantage in ruck and centre square and kick with a decent level of accuracy, scoreboard pressure will tell and the Cats will have too many holes 🕳 to plug.

Frost to Neale (C grader), Scrim to Cameron (A grader) and let Weddle play the Sicily intercept role, providing run as a loose man.

We have more weapons than the Cats, therefore despite punters wanting to lose their money (chances are you are going to lose...lol), this is a game on balance we go into favourites in my opinion.

Look Jimmy Bartel picked us, so you know who the sensible footy pundits think is a better team.

If we win, I will be smiling 😃 like a Cheshire cat 😸

We had both Sicily and Scrimshaw out against Port in Adelaide and Dimma started forward.

If Ginni doesn’t get up I’d imagine Hardwick will start forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKLINE
Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Stengle - Neale - Close

Amon - Weddle - Scrimshaw
Miers - Cameron - O.Henry

MIDFIELD
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Dempsey - Bowes - Holmes

Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Blicavs - Dangerfield - Stewart

FORWARDLINE
Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Z. Guthrie - DeKoning - Duncan

Watson - Chol - Ginnivan
Tuohy - Kolodjashnij - J.Henry

INTERCHANGE
Gunston - Mackenzie - Nash - Morrison - Breust (sub)
Rohan - Knevitt - Atkins - Humphries Mannagh (sub)
If Duncan lines up on Cmac and Tuohy on Watson then they should be licking their lips. We can get them in the centre and forward

If Duncan lines up on Cmac and Tuohy on Watson then they should be licking their lips. We can get them in the centre and forward
I feel like the side would be confident to win the midfield battle and out run the cats. Looking at matchups like those, you can change it around as much as you like but it’s always favourable to the Hawks in that sense.

With Sicily out not sure we want to send him fwd this week. Backline will need a competitive beast and can see the want for finals footy in his nostrils.

Respect your view, but I believe he plays back on Stengle this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back