Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeez some weird shit gets suggested here after a loss. Imagine thinking that you could just randomly throw Kreuger in to defence for the first time in 4 years and he’d do a better job than our actual key defenders…

Why was that missed tackle which cost us the lead with 3 minutes remaining not raised at the presser?

Are they scared of upsetting Fly?

He was so obviously impaired by his injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For now.
8 games left and anything can happen.
And finals are a completely different beast altogether. Make the top 8 and almost anything is possible.

Says the poster who suggested we play Moore as a ruck rover.
Yeah, I admit it’s an out there call. I’d love to see it though, but obviously highly unlikely.

OUT: McCreery - Markov Noble
IN: Schultz - Dean

FB: Dean - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Noble Markov - Moore - Quaynor
C: J. Daicos - Pendlebury - Lipinski
HF: Richards - Mihocek - Howe
FF: Schultz - Kreuger - Hill
FOLL: Cameron - De Goey - N. Daicos
INT: Crisp - Sidebottom - Harrison - Hoskin-Elliott
SUB: Sullivan

Howe to forward, I just worry about him down back. His day out against a woefully dysfunctional Dees forward line doesn't persuade me otherwise. Dean goes back, think he matches up well on Jones.

Richards back into the 22. No idea why he wasn't starting to begin with, thought that was a bad decision.
Edited for Noble's absence

And finals are a completely different beast altogether. Make the top 8 and almost anything is possible.
If we can win our next three then we are right in the hunt.
Can’t afford to drop any of those.

Crisp and naicos need to be our 2 main mids as they were the last few weeks. The formula with pendles in there last night did not work and we looked slow.

Keep degoey primarily fwd playing the taylor adams role of last year. Pendles at half back to provide us with smart rebound kicking through the corridor.
Shoota and richards into the starting side.

Moore to pull his finger out and lead by example.
I think Pendles is to slow for half back and we looked best when our mids were Daicos, crisp and Pendles. More likely his performance was Bicep injury impacted.

Anyone calling for Reef to be in knows nothing about football and hasn’t watched a second of him playing VFL football. The call is from the heart not the head. I’ve stopped doing that with AJ as I now see he’s done as is Reef.
A forward set up next week of Checkers, Freddy and Howe is as good as we’ve got, it’s ok.
Eyre has been playing forward in the VFL and is a genuine tall but has only played a couple of games so not ready plus he’s a better defender.

I’m calling it that we won’t make the finals, the injury toll has just been too great to keep covering up. That’s ok get everyone fit make some good trades, I like that we’re looking at Logan McDonald despite that terrible shot for goal yesterday.

Oh we need two more wins this season, this week and against the scum for Pendles 400. My family is Essendon and some work there so a win is a must.
Essendon = probable win
Geelong = pw
Hawthorn win
Richmond = win
Carlton 50 50
Swans 50.50
Lions 50.50
Melbourne = win
4 wins get finals
5 = home
6 = top 4
8 top 2
Win the 3 we should and pick up.a probable and it's on.
Top 4 is win the wins and probables and snag one of Carlton Sydney or lions.
Definitely doable. Top 2 maybe a stretch.
I for one am not entirely convinced by Carlton. Their onslaught today was tigers running out of gas.
I agree we need players back but their coming back.

Last edited:
We can't afford to drop any more games. We have made it very difficult for ourselves because right down to Melbourne in 12th, they are all only 1 game behind us. If we lose next week we'll be out of the 8
Tight year barring Swans and somewhat Baggers. 1.5 games separates 3rd from 13th on the ladder at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back