Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone calling for Reef to be in knows nothing about football and hasn’t watched a second of him playing VFL football. The call is from the heart not the head. I’ve stopped doing that with AJ as I now see he’s done as is Reef.
A forward set up next week of Checkers, Freddy and Howe is as good as we’ve got, it’s ok.
Eyre has been playing forward in the VFL and is a genuine tall but has only played a couple of games so not ready plus he’s a better defender.

I’m calling it that we won’t make the finals, the injury toll has just been too great to keep covering up. That’s ok get everyone fit make some good trades, I like that we’re looking at Logan McDonald despite that terrible shot for goal yesterday.

Oh we need two more wins this season, this week and against the scum for Pendles 400. My family is Essendon and some work there so a win is a must.

Let’s hope Maynard gets up for this game.We can cover Noble and Mcreery well enough,but we wouldn’t want to be without Maynard,especially with the backline struggling as it is at the moment.
We can’t cover Bruzzy and Noble. WHE would probably go back and Ryan, TJ or Harry D to cover Noble.

Anyone calling for Reef to be in knows nothing about football and hasn’t watched a second of him playing VFL football. The call is from the heart not the head. I’ve stopped doing that with AJ as I now see he’s done as is Reef.
A forward set up next week of Checkers, Freddy and Howe is as good as we’ve got, it’s ok.
Eyre has been playing forward in the VFL and is a genuine tall but has only played a couple of games so not ready plus he’s a better defender.

I’m calling it that we won’t make the finals, the injury toll has just been too great to keep covering up. That’s ok get everyone fit make some good trades, I like that we’re looking at Logan McDonald despite that terrible shot for goal yesterday.

Oh we need two more wins this season, this week and against the scum for Pendles 400. My family is Essendon and some work there so a win is a must.
Won't make the finals? I stopped reading.

Crisp and naicos need to be our 2 main mids as they were the last few weeks. The formula with pendles in there last night did not work and we looked slow.

Keep degoey primarily fwd playing the taylor adams role of last year. Pendles at half back to provide us with smart rebound kicking through the corridor.
Shoota and richards into the starting side.

Moore to pull his finger out and lead by example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s hope Maynard gets up for this game.We can cover Noble and Mcreery well enough,but we wouldn’t want to be without Maynard,especially with the backline struggling as it is at the moment.
He’s also a good option for Stringer

Cameron will need to recapture his form pronto.

I don't think it's a form issue, I just think guys 10cm's taller than him are his kryptonite... He doesn't have much of a leap so he ends up just wrestling and having no impact while Witts was handing the ball to midfielders all afternoon.

We were able to counter it against Gawn but you can't do it everytime you get destroyed in the ruck. Cox for all his flaws would have made the midfield battle a lot more 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back