Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not the way he is playing.

If it wasn't for the profile and captaincy he would be dropped.
I would say depth plays a part too and that includes a positional swap.

Dean is an average to poor athlete, who goes to ground too much and Eyre is untested and playing forward in the VFL.

Murphy has a better leap.

The ferocity and urgency, along with reading of play was what made Murphy a good AFL defender, despite other athletic limitations.
Not sure about leap.
And I don’t see any issues with Deans ability to read the play. His intercept game was one of the reasons he was recruited.

Not sure about leap.
And I don’t see any issues with Deans ability to read the play. His intercept game was one of the reasons he was recruited.
Whether he can do it when the game goes up a gear at AFL level is the thing. Along with other issues.

I thought he played well against Melbourne, but unconvinced otherwise, hopefully he has growth in him and finds his feet.

Moore needs a wake up call. So l would either start him on the bench or even up forward against Essendoom.
His form is a real concern, and we need to change something up, to either get a reaction from him, or do something different to get him involved and his confidence up.
Bring in Dean, play Howe as the intercept defender, he's marking the ball well, and also we have Frampton, so maybe look at starting Moore forward or even on a wing.
Unfortunately for me Sidey makes way this Friday night, and in comes Richards into the 22, with Schultz. I would also consider bringing in McInnes, and giving him some midfield time.
Sidey has been a champion, but right now he is struggling, particularly his disposal. His disposal game has deteriorated quite dramatically, over the season. He had some ordinary moments yesterday with his disposal and decision making. If he isn't omitted completely, l would play him as the sub.

Last edited:
Whether he can do it when the game goes up a gear at AFL level is the thing. Along with other issues.

I thought he played well against Melbourne, but unconvinced otherwise, hopefully he has growth in him and finds his feet.
He needs time to prove himself just like Murphy.
Don’t you remember the premature calls for Murphy to be delisted?

Noble is out too with concussion
Has this actually been confirmed? He had to sit out most of the last quarter because the testing is 20 minutes, but I haven’t seen anything confirming he was actually concussed…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this actually been confirmed? He had to sit out most of the last quarter because the testing is 20 minutes, but I haven’t seen anything confirming he was actually concussed…
I feel like David Zita mentioned it post game? I'll have to re-watch

Josh eyre

Just play him

Moore as second ruck at times

Howe forward
We need something special in the Eyre, to bring the Bombers backdown to Earth with a thud.

Obviously, but I just feel it has extra significance.
Fly looked really annoyed after the game. We need to make a statement.
I was happy to see that angst. If he could have had them training last night he would have. He looked and sounded keen to get to work on our game.

I hope that is reflected early in the game this week.

I was happy to see that angst. If he could have had them training last night he would have. He looked and sounded keen to get to work on our game.

I hope that is reflected early in the game this week.
They were still on the GC until now. They are flying back today.

One main session which will be wed, given the short week.

Last edited:
It was my son’s birthday party and had a pretty interrupted view after half time. We didn’t look on. Both Naicous and Crispy fumbling in the early stages didn’t bode well, but we often turn it around. Then Crispy giving away 50. It was a very sloppy start.

Pendles looked underdone, his missed tackle in the last few minutes cost us. Hopefully not injury related. But we were set up so poorly after taking the lead is a bit of mystery.

DeGoey looked great - and bodes well for the rest of the season.

Those critiquing the backline, suggest the problem was more with the midfield. 68 stoppages to 50 - ouchh ーon top of that we struggled to get it out when the troops arrived.

I wonder if moving Frampton all over the shop has affected his performance - he did seem to be a bit off. Maybe just one of those days.

This is the loss we needed to have. Time to put a 4 Qtr effort together for a ripper with the fired up dons next week.

It was my son’s birthday party and had a pretty interrupted view after half time. We didn’t look on. Both Naicous and Crispy fumbling in the early stages didn’t bode well, but we often turn it around. Then Crispy giving away 50. It was a very sloppy start.

Pendles looked underdone, his missed tackle in the last few minutes cost us. Hopefully not injury related. But we were set up so poorly after taking the lead is a bit of mystery.

DeGoey looked great - and bodes well for the rest of the season.

Those critiquing the backline, suggest the problem was more with the midfield. 68 stoppages to 50 - ouchh ーon top of that we struggled to get it out when the troops arrived.

I wonder if moving Frampton all over the shop has affected his performance - he did seem to be a bit off. Maybe just one of those days.

This is the loss we needed to have. Time to put a 4 Qtr effort together for a ripper with the fired up dons next week.
Why would we put a 36 year old with a crook bicep in a position where we were gambling on a good tackle..

Last edited:
We need something special in the Eyre, to bring the Bombers backdown to Earth with a thud.

The Bombers landed with a thud against Geelong. We need to keep them down. Our loss was poor, but theirs was devastating.

I think we have that edge, plus our winning record over recent years against them. Also not coming off a bye, not playing in QLD (which is not conducive to proper AFL footy), and an extra week back for last week’s returnees will get us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back