Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of lures …

pAeMmYT.jpg
That’s good too 🤣🤣

Time to pack up the gold coast suns. All they've done is soak up dollars to ruin the trade and draft period every year of their lifespan. Players get drafted to either ruin their careers or get traded elsewhere, and coaches go there to get their careers ended once and for all.

AFL don't care.

Having a 2nd team in QLD means more in broadcasting and advertising $$ than the Suns will ever actually cost them.

All about pushing as much content as possible, regardless of quality. The 'Brand' of AFL will sell itself.

AFL don't care.

Having a 2nd team in QLD means more in broadcasting and advertising $$ than the Suns will ever actually cost them.

All about pushing as much content as possible, regardless of quality. The 'Brand' of AFL will sell itself.
That can't possibly be true. They've sunk a third of a billion into this money pit, there is no way they've seen a return on this investment in the form of 1 additional game a week

That can't possibly be true. They've sunk a third of a billion into this money pit, there is no way they've seen a return on this investment in the form of 1 additional game a week

Not yet they haven't, but in 10, 20, 30 years' time the AFL will more than make their money back regardless of how well the Suns perform.

If anything it should help us rather than hinder. They have to deal with this over the next 24-48 hours then get their head around preparing for the game. Doesn't leave much time for them to do that and coming off the back of two bad losses so the form isn't great either.

It shouldn't distract us from focusing on our game plan one bit.

I would be willing to bet that the record of teams who had sacked their coach would be skewed by teams that sacked their coach because they were truly awful. The Suns are not that, they are one of the most talented lists in the comp. This is not a good thing that it happened right before our game. I feel like the players really liked Dew and will be pissed off at the decision and will come out like a grand final. Bet your house on it.

I would be willing to bet that the record of teams who had sacked their coach would be skewed by teams that sacked their coach because they were truly awful. The Suns are not that, they are one of the most talented lists in the comp. This is not a good thing that it happened right before our game. I feel like the players really liked Dew and will be pissed off at the decision and will come out like a grand final. Bet your house on it.
Not point even getting on the plane then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the players really liked Dew isn’t there a chance they’ll be feeling a bit flat and will perform in line with that?

Players put a bit more effort in because they realise they're next
I'd like to see a Swamp guy post on win / loss after a sacking - I think the 'brave wins' tend to stick in the mind because generally the team in question is in a dire state anyway. But I think you do make a good point - new coaches will usually try and reshape the list so it is a signal to pull finger out to the players.

Caminiti and Phillipou have both played more games than their form has warranted. Apart from Heath replacing Caminiti, and maybe Clark for Phillipou, but I cant see our selectors making either call.

Bit of knicker dribbling going on
Harden up
If we cannot beat a team sitting 12 when we are 6th when we need to be winning to cement a spot in the middle of the 8 to have some miraculous chance at winning a flag, then what's the point of making it.

Either come out and look like a serious contender or play for a better first round pick

It is time to pounce on Ben King
Perfect chance

Dew or no Dew - should not make an iota of difference to us.
We need to plan and play to win.
Pretty sure it won’t be top of our coaches minds.

Yep, Suns are an absolute lock now. Nearly always happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back