Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would be pretty happy if two of those three were dropped. Very happy if all three were dropped.

Don’t really care if Chesser gets dropped for another young player (Maric) that has performed in the wafl in isolation.

But we can’t be dropping poorly performing 21 year olds and keeping poorly performing old players in the team.

Do you honestly think those three guys should be in the team?
I've said numerous times I don't think Jones is AFL quality.
It wouldn't bother me if Witherden and Rotham got the flick.

I'm ambivalent about Darling.
Still reckon he's tries his guts out.

People worrying about Chesser being dropped need only look at the Saints and Phillipou

If a young player is not in good form and lacking confidence they need to be dropped to a lower league for a few weeks.

Phillipou played the best game of his career after coming back in the seniors.

CC just needs 2-3 weeks in the magoos and he can hopefully come back for the last 3-4.

People worrying about Chesser being dropped need only look at the Saints and Phillipou

If a young player is not in good form and lacking confidence they need to be dropped to a lower league for a few weeks.

CC just needs 2-3 weeks in the magoos and he can hopefully come back for the last 3-4.
I daresay the setup at Sandringham is more conducive to that happening than in the Beagles. We'll see.

Lol.

Is that the official term for the wing role in our side?...gimp?

Yes, it's gained so much momentum now it's here to stay.

Whoever came up with the term probably has a POTY badge and huge swinging D to their name :eggplant: But i can only speculate.

Yes, it's gained so much momentum now it's here to stay.

Whoever came up with the term probably has a POTY badge and huge swinging D to their name :eggplant: But i can only speculate.
Is he the same guy who almost deleted his account 2 years ago and also ate his own hat last week or am I thinking of a different person?

And all the players I want dropped ahead of him have been as bad if not worse and are five years older.

It’s the first week this year we have a clear alternative in the wafl. I think it’s just a coincidence tbh.
Does anyone know who is on the M.C. and who has the final say. Is it Tim Gepp ?

Don't mind seeing Chesser play in the WAFL for a few weeks... give him some time in the midfield and maybe build his confidence. And allow coaching staff to see how he goes in the position he was recruited for.

I'll reserve judgement on the other selections until we see who actually lines up... but listening to Jones on the podcast got me feeling a bit sorry for him. Said he basically wanted to play in the backline, but was being asked to play different positions all the time. Doesn't excuse his lack of effort, but you can imagine it would be demotivating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Chesser is out Ledwards is surely straight back into playing that gimp role now.

Wouldn't be expecting more than 12 touches from him with minimal involvement. Not doubt he's #doinghisrole though.

Sooner that gimp wing role goes in the bin and we can move on from having 2 net negative wing roles the better.

Personally if we're only getting 8-15 odd touches from our wings, at best, i'd prefer it was from Maric. At least he can do something with the football. Would be handy having those footskills both forward of centre and out of defense.

Maric playing the defensive wing role doesnt mean he could or would get to use those footskills. That position we dont play through, it is used to defend.

Maric would be on the other wing as the go to leading taller winger. One wing we attack through. The other winger defends.

Don't mind seeing Chesser play in the WAFL for a few weeks... give him some time in the midfield and maybe build his confidence. And allow coaching staff to see how he goes in the position he was recruited for.

I'll reserve judgement on the other selections until we see who actually lines up... but listening to Jones on the podcast got me feeling a bit sorry for him. Said he basically wanted to play in the backline, but was being asked to play different positions all the time. Doesn't excuse his lack of effort, but you can imagine it would be demotivating.
If he wants to play in the backline he should have worked on his disposal

I've said numerous times I don't think Jones is AFL quality.
It wouldn't bother me if Witherden and Rotham got the flick.

I'm ambivalent about Darling.
Still reckon he's tries his guts out.
Just strange that you are more passionate about a young guy being dropped over the shit old guys about to be delisted.

Nothing wrong with darling playing as a key forward. But playing him as a 4th tall is genuinely ridiculous and terrible for our structure.

Weird that ‘trying hard’ is your defence of darling when that same argument is used for Chesser.

I daresay the setup at Sandringham is more conducive to that happening than in the Beagles. We'll see.

Sadly very true, and there's a fair argument to say if he were going back to one of the other WAFL clubs instead he'd get more out of it.

But this is what weve got and how it should work, so dropping him to find form is the right move

Yep - I think it could easily be Schofield telling him that he's had a good crack at the wing and now he wants to see how he goes on ball. Start at the WAFL where he should have a fitness advantage over the part-timers he's playing against and see if he can perform. That's good development.

Curious podcast, unsettling to some degree, even the host looked uncomfortable at times. Brockman not the sharpest tool in the shed, but presumably has footy smarts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back