Preview Round 18, 2024 : Hawks v Dockers, 1:45pm Sat 13th July, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully dear for Lewis and either Sicily or Serong for seamus. Morrison starts deserves a full game after being beat at BHH for a while and doing well enough as sub. Chad is a fair way of it needs more fitness and performance to warrant it. One of Breust or Gunston has to be sub simply can’t carry both on field.

If Ginni doesn't get up I would start Morrison on the ground and Breust as sub swapping them around.

Morrison great discipline and good forward 50 entry skills. Can play the ginni role (obvs not as well).
And then when the game has opened up a bit Breust's smarts can get us a goal or two.

Hopeful ins- Sic, Dear, Finn, Mongrel, clean hands
Outs- Lewis, Seamus, 1 of Breust/Gunner, Lacklustre intent early, fumbling hands

I too would like to see Finn in to take the Ginni up and back forward role.

Out: Gunner, Breust, Lewis, Seamus, Morrison
In: Ramsden, Finn, Dear, Serong, Ward.

A lot of change but we got it wrong playing 2 vets. If we took those two out we would have a change for injury, Lewis, and a no show, Seamus. I thought the vets would have stood up stronger against the old enemy. Get punky and gunner to spend some time with Scaife at BH. Rama, Finn and Dima swing around depending. Ward as sub for no reason other than he needs a run, love you Harry.

Changes
Out / In
Lewis / Dear if fit, otherwise Scaife
Breust / Ginnivan if fit, otherwise Wingard
Mitchell / Sicily if fit, otherwise Serong

Would contemplate Maginess in for Morrison if Ginni doesn’t get up, with Wingard as the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week showed us a couple of things about overall inexperience and lack of depth

At our best we are good enough to make the 8 and maybe win a final.

At our worst we’ll look uncompetitive for good periods of the game.

Said it a number of weeks ago cannot start Gunston and Bruest together anymore sadly

Sicily obviously a huge out - he has been the second biggest reason behind our good form of late after a tough start to the season

Ginni’s X factor was def missing.

I hope we can turn it around this week against Freo and fight for the 8th spot!

Last week showed us a couple of things about overall inexperience and lack of depth

At our best we are good enough to make the 8 and maybe win a final.

At our worst we’ll look uncompetitive for good periods of the game.

Said it a number of weeks ago cannot start Gunston and Bruest together anymore sadly

Sicily obviously a huge out - he has been the second biggest reason behind our good form of late after a tough start to the season

Ginni’s X factor was def missing.

I hope we can turn it around this week against Freo and fight for the 8th spot!
Really it was a pretty poor decision playing both Gunston and Bruest last week. Maybe against certain teams at the MCG on a fast deck you could get away with it but we all knew it was going to be a tough hard slog against the Cats at Kardinia Park on a cold winters night and we were essentially playing two men down with them starting.

We really, really need Sic to be okay for this game against Freo as alongside Max Gawn and Marcus Bontempelli I doubt there is another player in the AFL as important to their sides fortunes as James Sicily is for the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Gunner, Breust, Lewis, Seamus, Morrison
In: Ramsden, Finn, Dear, Serong, Ward.

A lot of change but we got it wrong playing 2 vets. If we took those two out we would have a change for injury, Lewis, and a no show, Seamus. I thought the vets would have stood up stronger against the old enemy. Get punky and gunner to spend some time with Scaife at BH. Rama, Finn and Dima swing around depending. Ward as sub for no reason other than he needs a run, love you Harry.
I think we need to see how Gunners and Breust perform in a side where the midfield isn’t being destroyed before we lock in the theory they shouldn’t be in the same side.

Copped a knock early into training. Went over the to the tent to get it looked at and then headed down the race. Appears to be chest area that he copped the knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back