Autopsy Round 18: Adelaide Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

reward Allison for a week even if he's crap...who cares honestly, what's there to lose if he gets 0 disposals? Sharman Allison Heath as our forwards vs Barrass and McGovern, will probably go wrong but literally no better option
U know, I agree. Allison has kicked two bags of 5 at VFL this year, including one yesterday. I don’t rate him. But, we have most of our forwards out injured or out of form. We are playing shite football. Debut him, give him a chance.

Won’t happen but at least it’ll make thing interesting, really don’t care if we beat west coast or not, 100% focused on our young core and the draft.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/900095 What the hell have we done to this kid. Should be well on the way to developing into a superstar mid/forward (not the other way around). Instead he’s absolutely fallen off a cliff. I’m genuinely baffled. Actually heart breaking to be honest.
Farrkkk, forgot how good that game was from Owen’s. He’ll be right but definitely going through it at the moment. We can’t really afford to lose him as an elite level player though, he’s a big piece in the rebuild.

Putrid game for us, wet weather or not. Happy to see Pou taking a step up, but we got flogged around the ball from the second quarter on and the Crows wanted the ball more than us and that's why they were not fumbling and were also running harder. Clark got a bit of the ball, but his disposals continually let us down. Steele missing for chunks of the game. I think we need to recruit midfielders at all costs. Far too many passengers in that team- if we had a midfield that was anywhere near competent, Sharman would had probably 5 goals instead of being upfield plugging gaps- I think Lyon panics at times with his moves.

Byrnes and NWM tried hard and did OK. Our positioning of players around stoppages and centre bounces was not good- something the coach needs to fix- Crows outsmarted us all night in that area

Farrkkk, forgot how good that game was from Owen’s. He’ll be right but definitely going through it at the moment. We can’t really afford to lose him as an elite level player though, he’s a big piece in the rebuild.
Owens looks like he is running in cement boots this year. All of that zip seems to have gone, as has his uncanny ability to win contests last year.
Hopefully it is just a case of (effectively) second year blues.
Back to Sandy and play him in the guts.

Hunter Clark gives his all and with pace out of the game due to the weather he really come into his own.
Sharman was supreme in the opening qtr such a shame we couldn’t give him many looks through out the game.
Thought it was Hunter’s best game since returning..
Bonner and Jones are not AFL standard and the game has passed Membrey by.

….
It’s hard to be critical of any skill level when you’re playing with a piece of soap but common sense would tell you don’t muck around with it and get the ball forward as quick…..
Jones lively in patches, but beggars can’t choose..
Bonner dragged for non contesting?

I wondered about the coaching strategy.
Were we outcoached?

Despite being the older, and more experienced, team our players were much worse in the wet conditions.

View attachment 2047536

The problem for us is that group that came through 4 or 5 years ago are shit. Battle and Snags are good players. Sometimes King but the rest like Hunter Clark, Paton, Byrnes and the ring in at that age bracket like Dow, Stocker, Cordy, Bonner are average.

The problem for us is that group that came through 4 or 5 years ago are shit. Battle and Snags are good players. Sometimes King but the rest like Hunter Clark, Paton, Byrnes and the ring in at that age bracket like Dow, Stocker, Cordy, Bonner are average.

Which is exactly why we need to continue to build via draft, get a core coming through together.

We need quality young mids and the club needs to make some hard, smart decisions concerning the list.

I played football for nearly 50 years. Whenever I kicked the ball off the ground I usually had fcuk all idea where the ball was going to end up. Nearly every kick off the ground last night that went OOB was called deliberate. These clowns at the AFL are ruining the game for me. It's bloody ridiculous.

I never want to see Jones play again. Tries hard but his ball use is second rate. Get games into Hastie and Garcia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From quarter time they simply just wanted it more. There were lots of small contests all over the field in the second half where they went harder at the ball.
They were cleaner and looked to kick and when they did their kicks had penetration

We fumbled, handballed to teammates under pressure and our kicks had zero penetration

Butler / Higgins / Henry were poor /well held

Most of our decision making was putrid

We dropped marks and we also struggle to read the ball off the pack or at least don't set up correctly around a contested mark situation.

Owens looks like he is running in cement boots this year. All of that zip seems to have gone, as has his uncanny ability to win contests last year.
Hopefully it is just a case of (effectively) second year blues.
Back to Sandy and play him in the guts.
Owens destroyed his preseason by overtraining and just can't get going.

Season is shot, time for him to go back to the VFL like Phillipou, get a feel of the ball again, and this preseason listen to the coaches.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Thought it was Hunter’s best game since returning..

Jones lively in patches, but beggars can’t choose..
Bonner dragged for non contesting?

I wondered about the coaching strategy.
Were we outcoached?
I dont think so, I think we have just really dumb footballers in wet conditions.

A perfect example, Bonner bangs it long to a contest, Phillipou roves it and kicks a great goal.

A few minutes later Bonners has the perfect opportunity to bang it long to the square again, but instead gives Clark a hospital handball, it is turned over and Adelaide kick a goal.

That is an example, and Bonner was poor, but by god he had some mates. its wet weather footy, grab it and bang it forward.

Our game plan looked good prior to the rain, but the players could not adjust.

Jimmy Webster at FF - that's all you need to take out of last nights game.

Anyone disappointed needs to take note that the Scum, Filth and Planes all lost this week. Happy times.
Now....that's a trifecta that I love to see on a weekend.

It does compensate.....in a little way,last night's disaster.

He should have a look at himself?
Or has he been instructed to be less impactful?

Maybe he could have a look at a younger player that found himself out of touch, went back and worked on the basics again and improved for the effort.

You mean the one Ross Lyon said he handled poorly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18: Adelaide Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back