Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't think he does anything well. Even his admirable courage and desperation just results in him taking himself out of contests by continuously going to ground.
Yeah I don’t see anything really at all. I don’t see one talent that stands out. I hope I’m wrong.

For those hoping Sier comes in -- I think he's done, I'm afraid. If he can't get a game this year, it's over for him. He's only ever play a couple of good months back in 2018 anyway.

Liking the look of quite a few of the youngsters now. Henry seems a keeper, Poulter and Bianco show promise, Ruscoe was actually pretty good in defence, I've got hopes for Macrae. So ... we really need Kelly to step up, and we need another couple of key position players.

Still, there are a few too many who go missing or who are just plodders in the side. WHE, Sidebottom, Murphy, Madgen, Mayne -- I have concerns. Big concerns.

After last week's heroics I didn't care that much about today. Think the players might have felt the same.

A few observations.

Grundy is a good tall player but knows very little about being a rickman.

Ruscoe was our most reliable user.

JDG struggles to lift himself when things aren't going his way.

IQ's creativity appears to have been coached out of him. His instinct to run and carry has been turned into quickly handball to someone in no better position than you.

Ever since I saw Sidebottom on the bears at the local cricket late in the preseason I suspected he'd lost the hunger. I think he has confirmed it now.

Going to be a tough few years but we've had tougher!

Disgraceful. The Betts call could be the worst I've seen in my life. He *clearly* dropped it, and if by some obscure chance they ump didn't see it, Eddie literally played on and kicked it away.

Adams holding the ball in the last was perplexing, and that was the last I saw of the game.

Also missed some of the most blatant throws you'll ever see.

Happens every game

For those hoping Sier comes in -- I think he's done, I'm afraid. If he can't get a game this year, it's over for him. He's only ever play a couple of good months back in 2018 anyway.

Liking the look of quite a few of the youngsters now. Henry seems a keeper, Poulter and Bianco show promise, Ruscoe was actually pretty good in defence, I've got hopes for Macrae. So ... we really need Kelly to step up, and we need another couple of key position players.

Still, there are a few too many who go missing or who are just plodders in the side. WHE, Sidebottom, Murphy, Madgen, Mayne -- I have concerns. Big concerns.

The bottom 5 need to go. Macrea needs to be put in and left in. Lets get johnson in to have a look at him. Give Ginnivan a crack. Just no point playing blokes who will be moved on in 5 games.

Very disappointing after being well on top in the first half. Woeful second half effort.

Any chance we decide to tag Walsh, just like Tay was tagged, after half time?
Perhaps have Adams, who was well beaten, run with Walsh (a jet gut runner) and let Kennedy still run with him?

Signs with Ruscoe and Henry were both promising today.

Steele obviously injured.

Lost our run and turnovers cruelled us in the second half. Crisp and Maynard hardly provided any drive.

Carlton are a very ordinary team. Our first half showed that. Unfortunately some arrogance kept them in it - Quaynor's attempt to run around Martin and Maynard failing to punch from behind on Silvagni.

I still think we bring in Sier into the middle and Ginnivan up forward next week.
Thomas may need a rest or Bianco. Laughable people on here talk about Ginnivan being slow when we play Bianco up forward instead.

How many times today did Carlton hold us up after a (rare!) free or especially a mark? There were at least 3 occasions today where our players took a clear mark and their opponent hit it out of their hands, yet no 50!.

Anyway, I don’t blame the umps for us not winning. I thought we were flat through most of the game and were only in front because we were playing an ordinary team.

They made no effort to run and make space. Have a look at the wide shot kick ins. No movement whatsoever up field.

I give Carlton credit though for sitting on those 45 degree kicks we got away with last week against the Tigers. The blues obviously set their zone way tighter.

The bottom 5 need to go. Macrea needs to be put in and left in. Lets get johnson in to have a look at him. Give Ginnivan a crack. Just no point playing blokes who will be moved on in 5 games.

Agree. Though I think, good as some of the kids are, we need another 2 really good draft years, which means -- we need to trade to get back into the draft. And who can we trade? We let Stephenson and Treloar go for nothing.... ugh. What would we get for WHE, or Thomas, or Cox, or Cameron, or Sidebottom, or Mihocek (who we need, but we also need draft picks)?

Henry and Ruscoe were the two big positives for me today.

For those praising Cal Brown for one half decent game last week look at today, that’s the normal output by him. Not worth a warm bucket of spit.

Browns a dud. Should be delisted but won’t be unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get it’s hard to justify changing a winning side, but Sier would have been damn handy today. Besides DeGoey over the past month our midfield has been unreliable and badly beaten at times this year.

inside mids and our weakness at the stoppages have been killing us even through 2018
quite galling since our whole gameplan has lived and died by winning stoppages
need a decent inside mid so badly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those praising Cal Brown for one half decent game last week look at today, that’s the normal output by him. Not worth a warm bucket of spit.

How he keeps getting Games is Beyond Me

Yeah I don’t see anything really at all. I don’t see one talent that stands out. I hope I’m wrong.
I don't know where he's from, but he seems like a country boy. I think he should be a country town legend who captain coaches both the footy and cricket team.

How many times were Blues players tackled and they dropped the ball or incorrect disposal and no free paid against them.

We deserved to lose but the umpiring was shambolic.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least the Scumps are consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Every loss to this filth, is like a 6 month lock down of the heart.
New coach needed.
Gone
Rusty. Legend but cooked
Mayne. Great form but go to the VFL and coach our kids.
Imadgen all the people.
Bring in Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back