Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On SEN, Fly basically acknowledged all we know about what we see is going wrong. Even said Leppitch and him watched First Crack with that analysis. So it will be interesting to see the pressure rating and defensive intensity this week. If it doesn't change, its probably a game plan fix that can't be changed this late in the season.

Im hoping the Essendon game was they did what needed changing in the first quarter, took foot off the pedal and it was too late.

I think Friday nights game is going to be a cracker!! This is our eight point game. We always say teams win when they play their grand final type game against us. Well this is our must win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did anyone hear Hodge on Sen earlier tonight? Whilst I can’t stand the bloke he was actually bang on with what he was saying with the lack of pressure we have been putting on and even more concerning was the stat regarding the 400plus possessions we allow teams to get. For those that didn’t hear it was that West Coast and North Melbourne have allowed teams to get over 400 plus possessions this season 6 times, Collingwood 5 times and majority of teams either once or none at all. I know there are a lot of stats you can pick and choose but thought that was interesting and just highlights how easy it has been for teams to get those uncontested posies off us. He did mention that most teams would struggle if you took their best forwards out of any line up and acknowledged the injuries, which surprised me given his hate of pies. Will be interesting to see if this game we close down the space more and guard man rather than grass to not allow the easy possession. Go pies!! ⚫⚪⚫⚪

Geelong’s defence and forwards should smash us
Only area we could potentially beat them is in midfield but that would take a big reversal in form and attitude from some with big reputations
I have seen us knock off Geelong (possibly more than any other side) when they are warm favourites and we have been in a trough on a number of occasions over the years. It doesn't guarantee anything but gives me a comforting sense that we can do it again. It's all about mindset. I know Bucks coached us to some great wins over the Cats as did Malthouse.

Interesting Fly on SEN discussing our lack of connection then going on to say that 12 players were given permission to stay on the GC and have their own training session last Monday.

No wonder we're lacking connection when half the side is training in Burleigh Heads in preparation for the game.
Yeah, I don't like the sound of that.

Interesting Fly on SEN discussing our lack of connection then going on to say that 12 players were given permission to stay on the GC and have their own training session last Monday.

No wonder we're lacking connection when half the side is training in Burleigh Heads in preparation for the game.
yup, pretty poor.
You either all stay together and train, or leave together.
Not half half, that helps nobody.

Did anyone hear Hodge on Sen earlier tonight? Whilst I can’t stand the bloke he was actually bang on with what he was saying with the lack of pressure we have been putting on and even more concerning was the stat regarding the 400plus possessions we allow teams to get. For those that didn’t hear it was that West Coast and North Melbourne have allowed teams to get over 400 plus possessions this season 6 times, Collingwood 5 times and majority of teams either once or none at all. I know there are a lot of stats you can pick and choose but thought that was interesting and just highlights how easy it has been for teams to get those uncontested posies off us. He did mention that most teams would struggle if you took their best forwards out of any line up and acknowledged the injuries, which surprised me given his hate of pies. Will be interesting to see if this game we close down the space more and guard man rather than grass to not allow the easy possession. Go pies!! ⚫⚪⚫⚪
Paragraphs please.

Screenshot_20240708-201119~2.png
PS - interesting SBS documentary on Mesopotamia last night - ancient scripts etc

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure who thought that was a good idea.

He looks like a man possessed in the midfield 😩

Love to have a weapon like that to insert into our midfield half way through the season.
Some sides have worked it out to stop him. But thats okay, we'll just let him roam free just like we did with Merrett...

Should play Reef and Johnson against the cats.

Also, sounds like we are toying with Elliott returning this week if he gets through training

I think he starts there and then drifts behind the ball. Not sure he's playing as a genuine mid.
Stewart explains his new role in this article :

Stuff the VFL side. If we need forwards, they play for us .. 🤣
yeah there is only one forward option often though, so don't think we take both unless forced to

Can play both IF howe goes back into defence and dean or markov is dropped.

Though someone has to come out for noble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back