Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A good individual performance puts him easily in the top 5 out there tonight IMO. I don't think anyone can hold their head up if we account for opponents. Unfortunately he's also as slow as a wet week and his handballing is more a light toss, so while I prefer him to West it's like saying I prefer gangrene to leprosy.

Too much reality, D. I'm going with he was awesome.

Thank god for Hipwood and Archie for showing us some hope because those guys aside, that's about as low as it gets. Whole place stinks and it goes beyond the coach but as for Leppa it's pretty hard to justify the sort of total structural implosion and lack of effort we saw tonight. Needed a much better follow up to the Essendon win than that. We're even deeper in the hole now.

But Gil is generally pleased... so that's something.

A good individual performance puts him easily in the top 5 out there tonight IMO. I don't think anyone can hold their head up if we account for opponents. Unfortunately he's also as slow as a wet week and his handballing is more a light toss, so while I prefer him to West it's like saying I prefer gangrene to leprosy.

Donald...you sound agitated!

Thank god for Hipwood and Archie for showing us some hope because those guys aside, that's about as low as it gets. Whole place stinks and it goes beyond the coach but as for Leppa it's pretty hard to justify the sort of total structural implosion and lack of effort we saw tonight. Needed a much better follow up to the Essendon win than that. We're even deeper in the hole now.

It is going to be a huge off season I suspect.

Ideally Hanley would be traded out I think. Has been deplorable this year. Unfortunately he re-signed before the season started and I think he signed up until the end of 2019 or 2020? With that in mind it is unlikely we could facilitate a trade unless he was keen to get out and another club was interested in taking on his salary.

generally pleased needs to be turned into a meme. Unfortunately I'm not sure enough people care or are interested enough to give it significant traction.

Ideally Hanley would be traded out I think. Has been deplorable this year. Unfortunately he re-signed before the season started and I think he signed up until the end of 2019 or 2020? With that in mind it is unlikely we could facilitate a trade unless he was keen to get out and another club was interested in taking on his salary.

I ask again. Who would want him? If he's shit for us, I'm pretty sure he'll be shit elsewhere.

Tackling stats: Robinson had 11. Zorko had 7. Archie and Hammer with 5 each. Rest of the team very poor in this area with 0-2 each bar a couple who had 3-4:thumbsdown:
anyone watch the magpies match they where into them 118 tackles and won.. we chase Port around all day for what 63 and 4 players did almost half of those :( weak as. Lester and Harris both donuts, three players "1" and 9 players "2'
I know what I be practising at 6am tomorrow in recovery. They just cant stick tackles do they put butter on there hands sometimes with the skills I think they must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot stand to watch end to end goals anymore.

LEPPA CHANGE THE DEFENSIVE STRUCTURE!!!!!!

As soon as the ball gets past us it is almost certainly a goal scoring opportunity.

A clean out definitely needed.

I dont understand why people think Smith was one of our best. Yeah he had a good individual performance but he got monstererd by Trengove and wasn't running hard enough with him. He did have a really good debut tho if you dont account for his opponent.
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2016/19/bl-v-port
Smith, who only switched from basketball three years ago, finished with 19 disposals (17 contested – a team high), nine clearances, another team high, 30 hitouts and five tackles.
I think we can give the kid a passmark. Especially considering his ToG was 50-60% maybe.

I ask again. Who would want him? If he's shit for us, I'm pretty sure he'll be shit elsewhere.
Who would want him? I'd think several clubs would pursue him. He has enough runs on the board for opposition clubs to look at him and think, "He's stuck at a young, shitty side, we can turn him around and get him back to his best and if we do he'll be an absolute weapon for us." The main issue I see is his hips. If they are "shot to pieces" like rumour has it he'd fail medicals at other clubs and that would put them off or at least force them to lower their offer trade wise.

I'm at a loss after the performance tonight. I took off just before 3 quarter time. There is no pleasure or enjoyment out of watching your team play like they did. Especially when there was so many Port fans in attendance.

So many issues with our team tonight. The lack of accountability from our forwards and midfielders in astounding. Our backline isn't great gut gee they just get peppered all night. They are never given a chance when the ball waltz out of our forward line from a kick-in. That said our match ups down back were terrible. They had 3 or 4 smallish forwards who were quick and we had Merrett, Hammelman, Andrews and Lester down there trying to keep up with them. The amount of marks the opposition takes in our forward 50 every match is a disaster TBH. This was another match very similar to others we've had this season. A decent first quarter and after that we give up. We stop having a crack and just don't seem to want to put enough in to get better results.

As far as I am concerned we can piss Hanley off. Wasting our time even giving him games. He's not accountable at all. Just runs around doing nothing all night.

We need to learn to tackle. They were busting through our tackles all ****en night. FFS hit the campaigners hard with your shoulders and wrap the ball up!!!

Archie Smith and Eric Hipwood are the obvious highlights from tonight. It was also good to see Michael Close back out there too.

Obviously the Umps had no impact on the result but they still give me the shits.

Who would want him? I'd think several clubs would pursue him. He has enough runs on the board for opposition clubs to look at him and think, "He's stuck at a young, shitty side, we can turn him around and get him back to his best and if we do he'll be an absolute weapon for us." The main issue I see is his hips. If they are "shot to pieces" like rumour has it he'd fail medicals at other clubs and that would put them off or at least force them to lower their offer trade wise.

If it's his hips, then he's finished BUT if it's his attitude, he's finished.

I cannot stand to watch end to end goals anymore.

LEPPA CHANGE THE DEFENSIVE STRUCTURE!!!!!!

As soon as the ball gets past us it is almost certainly a goal scoring opportunity.

A clean out definitely needed.
WAIT WAIT WAIT! We have a defensive structure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Back