Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't get a PP but when people say stuff like if the Demons didn't get one during the Mark Neeld era then no way the Lions will I just think to myself "Are we really that far off being as poor as the Dee's were under Neeld? How many times have we lost by 50+ points this year?

I think it was pretty disappointing to hear leppa apparently say (going off the twitter quotes) that Rocky and the senior guys were committed to doing the team thing while the younger guys were looking out for themselves so they can get another game, considering the performance of the senior guys this week.

Yeah that didn't read well, unless it's about sticking to specific structures/roles that we aren't trained to see. Seemed a bit harsh on the young guys but sometimes these quotes lose a bit of their context when put on twitter.

Now that I've walked my angst off (I'm sure I'll cop it from the more maternal/paternal members of Bigfooty for walking around Brisbane at 10pm by myself) I am still very much wanting port wiped from existence, with as much pain, suffering, blood and gore as possible.

That being said, is the fumble a new dance move or something, because DAMN did our boys do it all night! And I've said it once, but it bears repeating - BAN THE ****ING HANDBALL UNTIL WE CAN DO IT RIGHT. I can't count the number of times our boys copped a handball to the face from a team mate.

Also the ****ing tackling! How many times did we just get flung aside like a used tissue?! ARGH!!!!!!!!! Where the **** was Rocky?! Barely a peep from him all night!

Now that I've vented, onto guys like Archie, Hipwood and Walker. For a debutante surrounded by morons and up against a good side, Archie accounted for himself very well. Hipwood is definitely our future once he learns how to smash a pack (just not with your face, okay Eric?) and take the tough grabs. Walker seemed to be our only senior player who was willing to pretend to try, so kudos for that at least.

We won't get a PP but when people say stuff like if the Demons didn't get one during the Mark Neeld era then no way the Lions will I just think to myself "Are we really that far off being as poor as the Dee's were under Neeld. How many times have we lost by 50+ points this year?

Might have our 186 moment against Geelong yet, just like the Dees did.

Maybe he should do what Sheedy did go off on tangents about Aliens at least it be entertaining:)
Why not "We where crap tonight, no more questions good night"

Vossy would have had an interesting night.

This crossed my mind several times. I wonder what he feels on a night like tonight? His once proud kingdom, smashing players he brought out of the draft, for a team who was his arch enemy, infront of an empty stadium, in a city he knows so well.. coaching againts one of his best mates, againts a team that ruthlessly sacked him.

I think it was pretty disappointing to hear leppa apparently say (going off the twitter quotes) that Rocky and the senior guys were committed to doing the team thing while the younger guys were looking out for themselves so they can get another game, considering the performance of the senior guys this week.

Yeah that one made me really mad TBH.

I didn't like it heaps, but I'd like to hear the context - those tweets from the presser have been pretty weird before.

Might have our 186 moment against Geelong yet, just like the Dees did.
It could come next week at AO... I'm pretty scared of what could happen in that game. The Crows are a quality, high scoring team who always play well at AO and thrive on getting easy goals out the back whereas we are a very poor defensive team who leak goals out the back easily and struggle to perform for even 5 minutes against good sides away from home(Or even at home for that matter). It will get very ugly. You look at what Port did to us at AO earlier this year. The Crows will do that x10 I reckon. We will probably get a preview of what next week could look like tomorrow when the Crows play the Bombers at AO.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Leppa gone said the wrong thing boys...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His communication is generally sound, things like this might just come out wrong - he is generally great talking about the young Guys. I just find he comes across a little deluded when he reaches too far into the excuse kit bag after games like tonight. Just needs more, 'this isnt going to plan' instead of 'this is what we planned for'.. if he expects to be taken at all seriously.

This crossed my mind several times. I wonder what he feels on a night like tonight? His once proud kingdom, smashing players he brought out of the draft, for a team who was his arch enemy, infront of an empty stadium, in a city he knows so well.. coaching againts one of his best mates, againts a team that ruthlessly sacked him.

Tonight he'd just be happy for the win. He's a pro

And to think they fired him because we missed finals by 1 game.

I want to say that my love for the lions is still strong but I'm having doubts. I mean, I just want to feel good sometimes but it's not happening for me. The thril of being with them has been absent for quite a while; years really. I've tried everything I can think of. I listened, trusted the reassurances that things will get better, lowered my expectations and bought into the plans for a new and better future. And yet weeks go by and I still have that empty, hollow feeling.

I know I still care deeply for them, and want so much for them to rise against the demons that are obviously haunting them but is it enough? Do ideserve better?

Anyone know the name of a good counsellor?

It is going to get very, very ugly next week against the Crows at Adelaide Oval. 100+ margin a near certainty.
My Lions supporting wife is traveling to Adelaide next week to go see the game with her side of the family - who are all die hard Adelaide fans. She can't see why I declined to come too.

I think she's lost the plot.

I'm personally quite offended by that comment. Haven't said too much of late but if I was a player like a know my son is, I'd be refuting that comment very loudly.
He's a young player and is playing with a crook knee, broken finger, cracked bone in his hand and been carrying an ankle all year. To say he's not invested in the team is disappointing!!

I'm personally quite offended by that comment. Haven't said too much of late but if I was a player like a know my son is, I'd be refuting that comment very loudly.
He's a young player and is playing with a crook knee, broken finger, cracked bone in his hand and been carrying an ankle all year. To say he's not invested in the team is disappointing!!

I think most people agree the youngsters are the only good thing at the moment.

I'd like to confirm context before judging that statement... But it doesn't read well at all.

Archie and Hipwood were a pleasure to watch tonight.

Other than that it was pretty hard to care at all. We were all more interested in cheering on umpire 39 in his trackpants who had to sprint out each time there was a fight.

Can't keep having these types of losses and expect people to keep turning up and renewing their membership. The amount of time you have to invest to sit there and watch the same thing every week is getting a bit old.

Archie and Hipwood were a pleasure to watch tonight.

Other than that it was pretty hard to care at all. We were all more interested in cheering on umpire 39 in his trackpants who had to sprint out each time there was a fight.

Can't keep having these types of losses and expect people to keep turning up and renewing their membership. The amount of time you have to invest to sit there and watch the same thing every week is getting a bit old.

Yeah 39 was a gun sprinter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Back