Autopsy Round 19 2024 – GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday July 20, 1.45pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Please win this.

I feel like this is truly the time for Tom Green and Finn Callaghan to take over the midfield. With Bedford and Peatling as support.
The old guard of Cogs and Kelly are injured and might be a nice injection but it's up to Tom And Finn for the rest of the season.
When we flicked the switch against Carlton we were winning clearances and getting the ball in long....and scoring.
Generating all our play from the back line isn't sustainable. They will always get a look before us

Congrats to Binga on his 100th game milestone today. Well earned.

Also, at the beginning of the year I posted in the milestone thread the players who would/could set records for games played in their respective jumper numbers. I broke it down into 4 categories - should (Riccardi & XO) - might (Green & Preuss) - possible (Faye & Derksen) and finally “mathematically possible but highly unlikely”

In this last category I placed our extremely young Auskick looking pick 59 Harvey Thomas, who needed 18 games to pass Zac Sproule in the number 28. I mean, obvious right? Pick 59, looks like a schoolboy, lots of more highly rated and even experienced talent ahead of him. Mathematically possible, sure, but… 18 games? Can you blame me?

Well today he becomes the most capped player in the club’s (short) history to play in the #28.
So congrats also to the Milky Bar Kid* on breaking that record. Whodathunk?

*credit to The One Eyed Giant for the nickname.

Win and we could finish as high as 2nd - lose and we will be out of the 8 by the end of the round. A game we should win in such a close competition, against a side that has never won away this season.

Also hoping for a 10k+ crowd….

Let’s Go Giants!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19 2024 – GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday July 20, 1.45pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back