Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If waterman out bring in either a Reid or darling to refer to play the kids

So Duggan and Brockman confirmed out. Waterman a maybe
Dewar hopefully for Brockman, and Darling is probably the guy to replace Waterman as much as people might want A.Reid if it does happen.

Duggans spot is probably up for grabs by a bunch of guys. Could be any of the guys who play HFF, mid, wing, or HB from the WAFL

Hopefully JJ out for Burgiel maybe? JJ played off HFF which is where Burgiel played on the weekend

I think everybody else was fine, no need for more changes than that

So Duggan and Brockman confirmed out. Waterman a maybe
Dewar hopefully for Brockman, and Darling is probably the guy to replace Waterman as much as people might want A.Reid if it does happen.

Duggans spot is probably up for grabs by a bunch of guys. Could be any of the guys who play HFF, mid, wing, or HB from the WAFL

Hopefully JJ out for Burgiel maybe? JJ played off HFF which is where Burgiel played on the weekend

I think everybody else was fine, no need for more changes than that
Yeah Wilkie and Howard are two good key backs. Don’t want Oscar double teamed all game tbh.

Won’t be surprised if Petruccelle comes back into the side to replace Jones

Dewar/Burgiel to replace Brockman as sub

Culley, Johnston or Hall to replace Duggan. Could be Sheed though

Do the MC think Archer Reid is ready to come in if Waterman doesn’t come up. If not it’s back to Darling

Darling-waterman
Dewar- brockman
Burgiel- duggan

Culley stiff to miss out but I wanna see burgiel have a crack.

Out: Waterman, Duggan, Brockman (all injured)
In: AReid, Chesser, Culley

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt, Witherden
Mids: Yeo, Kelly, HReid/Culley, Trew, Maric, Chesser
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Allen, AReid, Hutchinson, Ryan, Cripps, Culley/HReid, Ledwards
Sub: Jones
Emergencies: Rotham, Petruccelle, Burgiel

Only forced changes after a good showing.

Archer over Darling since we’re rebuilding.

Chesser for Duggan (I originally had Johnston but I think that makes us a touch too inexperienced).

Culley in for Brockman, can split some midfield time with Harley.

Jones to sub.

Burgiel to get a chance to travel with the side. Petch to travel as cover but he’s been out too long so ideally he’d come back through the WAFL.

I personally wouldn’t replace Waterman with another tall. Jack Williams only played 66% game time last week so I’d just increase his minutes & go in even shorter. We need more speed against the Saints!

Waterman - Petch
Brockman - Dewar
Duggan - Chesser
It’s sorta unlucky but I’d drop hutch for an extra tall. Don’t want Oscar being double teamed really. Jack even with more tog will have to split between ruck and forward and that will leave oscar as the only true key forward for large chunks of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Waterman, Duggan, Brockman
In: Darling, Baker, Petch

FB: Cole Edwards Hough
HB: Hunt Barrass Witherden
C: Ledwards Yeo Maric
HF: Jones Darling Petch
FF: Cripps Allen Ryan
Ruck: Bwilliams Kelly Reid

Bench: Jwilliams (FWD/Ruck) Hutchinson (FWD/Wing) Ginbey (DEF/MID) Trew (MID)

Sub: Baker (DEF)

Maric, Ginbey and Hutchinson are versatile and can move between lines where needed (Hunt and Jones also). Trew to play on ball. Baker to be given a chance coming into the backline as sub, will give us some defensive run late in the game, can move Hunt/Ginbey/Maric further afield to accommodate him or maybe sub one of them out.

Alternative possibility is playing Petch as sub, maybe move Hunt fwd or start Hutch on the field up forward.

I would like to see Burgiel get a run sometime soon. Doesn't sound like he has particularly demanded it but from the little I saw when he was drafted seemed to have a lot of natural ability. Not sure what his issues have been since then (injury obviously one) but it would be a low risk move to give him some games and see if that can spark him into gear.

Darling needs 7 games to reach 300.

If Waterman is out I am happy for him to play over Archer for a few reasons. Archer needs to keep building his really good WAFL form and is he ready to play AFL yet? I am not sure.

If Jack can manage to play another 2 or 3 games this year and only need to play 4 next year to reach 300 that would be ideal.

Petch replaces Brockman.

Two of Hall, Dewar, Culley, Burgeil and Johnston to replace Duggan and JJ.

If Snake is out I have no issue with Darling replacing him for a week, same height as snake and would play better with only Oscar as the other tall (assuming JWill plays similar game as last time). It also saves BWill from rucking inside f50 which could have him better prepared for the rest of the ground coverage.

Sucks for Gov but great for HEdwards to get another run with TB.

I think Chesser for Duggan is a good replacement with Hunt staying down back more, so essentially Chesser gets a mixture of wing and CBAs rather than just wing only.

Don't want to see Petruccelle come straight back off injury (prefer a Burgeil debut) but won't be surprised if he does seeing as Brockman is out and they cover the same positions (HFF with mid-rotations). Also there's no WAFL for Petch.

As others have said Dewar for Jones could be done, Dewar was a bit fumbly and rusty early on in the WAFL but finished very strong.

If Culley comes in I assume he rotates forward, so I guess that he could come in for Brockman/Jones in a way, but I'd prefer to see Kelly play as a high roaming HFF with Culley doing some stoppage work.

Was the "gimp" wing not a thing last week or is that just an excuse that has been used to explain Chessers inability to find the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back