Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Knights was asked about Archer Reid’s chances of selection in the latest Schodown and he said Reid wasn’t far off

It was a bit of a non-commital reply and he did point out how tall our forward line would be if he did play but that included Waterman being a part of it

I’d fly him over as an emergency if Waterman is in doubt given we’ll fly over tomorrow for a Saturday game

Please no darling
This. For the time being his most useful role is mentoring the Beagles.

Everyone screamed for him to be dropped and then one game later want him back.

I thought these last games were about experimenting. So if JW goes out we still have Maric, Hutch or Culley. (Or BWill if Flynn comes in.)

Maybe, just maybe this is exactly the time to try a couple of things? Especially given the complaints about the land of giants.

PS: yes I know there is no Beagles game.

Last edited:

Was the "gimp" wing not a thing last week or is that just an excuse that has been used to explain Chessers inability to find the ball.

They seemed to split the role a bit. Maric played it at times, Ledwards at others. I think Witherden lined up on the wing at one point.

They seemed to split the role a bit. Maric played it at times, Ledwards at others. I think Witherden lined up on the wing at one point.

Not sure about Witherden but Hutchinson certainly did

Duggan was on the wing for the first bounce

They also seemed to play a brand of more direct footy and I didn't see loners out on the wing being decoys - the players on the ground looked like they were trying to play as a dense group more than spreading.
Chesser trekking up the Nullarbor was actually him training for the loner gimp wing role

They also seemed to play a brand of more direct footy and I didn't see loners out on the wing being decoys - the players on the ground looked like they were trying to play as a dense group more than spreading.
Maybe you should get a game Bender_ .

You'd make the group a lot more dense.

Chesser needs more time in the WAFL before he's rewarded with a recall.
Would bring in any of Culley, Johnston, Hall and Burgiel instead of him.

100%

He looked good playing his proper position in the guts and would love to see a 2-3 week block of it.

Was unlucky with the broken nose as it halted his game somewhat.

Alexia Pesce

@alexiapesce
·
5m

Jake Waterman will miss
@WestCoastEagles
clash with
@stkildafc
on Saturday. Sore ITB, didn’t train this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually don’t mind if Darling comes back in tbh. Would be awesome to see Archer play but at the same time the inexperience of Reid and Williams will put Oscar under a lot of pressure and allow the two key backs of the saints to shut him down

Actually don’t mind if Darling comes back in tbh. Would be awesome to see Archer play but at the same time the inexperience of Reid and Williams will put Oscar under a lot of pressure and allow the two key backs of the saints to shut him down

They both played good games, Reid would've had a blinder if he kicked straight.

Question is do we want to reward a solid game as expected from Darling, or reward a young kid for a good outing?

I'm hoping Reid comes in personally, but I expect it to be more on-brand for the Eagles to say "we need experience", which I don't agree with when we're 3 wins for the year this late in the season.

i think you might be right.If it had been Jwilliams that was out i think it would have made sense.
Darling only plays for how long Waterman is injured.

I think if the team selection is on the improve the committee to do the Lou Reed and select Archer Reid, take a walk on the wild side, do do do do do doooooo

Schofield just naming the team at the pre-flight presser. I like it.

Guess one of the journos will report on who is at the airport so you’d think the club would get on the front foot about an Archer Reid debut if it is going to happen. Most likely will be Darling though you’d imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back