Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do the media always get stuck into a team that about to play us, Geelong and Now Collingwood if they lose season over.

Essendon last year.

Why do the media always get stuck into a team that about to play us, Geelong and Now Collingwood if they lose season over.
It's irrelevant. Collingwood won't need the media to tell them that if they lose this week their premiership defence is over. Equally our group won't need the media to explain that a loss will pretty much put an end to the finals push.

Doesn’t fly at the ball like some of our guys (newcombe, nash watson) do.
Oh fully agree, was saying that people often try to use the contested possession stat (that Daicos is leading) as a comeback to people calling him soft but both are pretty inaccurate haha.

Hes not as soft as some people make him out to be (for the memes) but his numbers are definitely helped by his free kick count

I’m not gonna say Daicos is as soft as others but the contested ball thing is skewed, pretty sure free kicks count as a contested possession like they do clearance. Could be wrong but he isn’t a contested bull
There's a lot of tall poppy syndrome on this board when it comes to Daicos particularly.

You don't need to be a "bull" to be a contested player, there have been plenty who don't fit that categorisation that are all time great mids. As far as Daicos goes he's a top 10 ground ball player, top 5 centre clearance player, top 5 clearance player and a top 3 contested ball player. He doesn't get an unusually high amount of free kicks either, at least not to the level of a player like Selwood.

He's definitely not going to shrink to a bit of attention. Let's just hope that if Nash is thrown to him he can curtail some of his impact and match him in his strengths like he did with Serong on the weekend.

playing Sicily injured worries me
Either Sicily plays injured, or he goes in for surgery. There's no resting him at this point, and he's going to go in for surgery at the end of the season anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do it to other clubs as well. Love to create false anxiety for the sake of clicks.
So many 8 point games......

We haven't really gone to Finn for tagging much at all this year so I don't really expect that to change.

Nash I think might be best to match it with JDG although Newcombe also fits that mould.

Josh Ward is my left field option if we are going to go for a full on tag.

Collingwood barely going OK atm.
We should win it comfortably if we put in a shift.
Sicily forward to kick 5.
To be honest and also considering the opposition I rather we rest him so can heal his shoulder. He is our best defender (may be one of the best going around) and we need him down back where he belongs and we need him most.

IN - Ginnivan
OUT - Morrison

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Dear - MacDonald
Ginnivan - Chol - Watson
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Mackenzie - Nash - Ward - Impey - Breust (sub)

Hardwick or Sicily to rotate forward at times. Cannot see Gunston playing with the chance Sicily has to move there, seeing as that’d be too tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back