Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won’t be an easy game. If they were breathing fire on the weekend, they’ll be twice as pumped against us… I’ll be happy if we just get over the line

This won’t be an easy game. If they were breathing fire on the weekend, they’ll be twice as pumped against us… I’ll be happy if we just get over the line
Huff and puff lasts 15 mins at most

Match them early and I expect the Hawks to have too much for the Pies at present

Heading over to this one. Will be a bit of tough one as it’s the annual footy trip I have done with my mate that passed away a couple of months ago. His wife is a Collingwood supporter and she wanted to keep the tradition going. Tipping it will be an emotional roller coaster, so hope it’s a great game.

Hope Ginni is back and Sic & Mass are right to go.

As much as I’d enjoy seeing Finn come in and destroy N Daicos again, not sure who would make way. Frenchy maybe a weeks rest? He worked so hard yesterday and found space but was ignored for other options quite a bit in the first half.

Changes depend on how Mass pulls up.

If they bring both Cox and McStay in slightly underdone then we have an absolute field day rebounding the ball with speed. Take Moore out of packs with blocks and bumps, they’d need Daicos to have 45 and kick 4 to win.

Ideal changes:
In: Ginnivan and Gunston
Out: Breust and ?

Seems our midfield is past having Finn in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t drop Morrison seems to add something when he comes on as a sub.

Gets his games closer to 100 also.
Harry has done really well as a sub. Generally it’s his pace that is his weekness, bringing him on at half time or in the 3rd eradicates this. Saying that I wouldn’t mind giving him a full game, played well against the pies last year.

I had a good feeling the wizard was gonna light up the G against the Tigs, but didnt happen. Now the spidey senses are telling this is the game we see the wizard explode and tear the Pies a new one.

If he shushes the crowd of the team he grew up supporting it really confirms the man does not give a single anything about what people think of him 😂 Ice in the veins after kicking 6.19 was comedy, let’s see him really get off the chain.

Ginni in for Mass, Breust moves to sub and Harry starts? Or leave Harry sub?

Assuming Mass misses one. If not I don't know who they drop for Ginni. Would assume Harry or Ward.

Ginni for Frenchie who needs a bit of time at BH like Ward has done. Think he’ll be a player but not getting involved enough atm and making some rough decisions.

Rest of the team go unchanged imo.

Don’t take them lightly, Adelaide at their home will be tough and GWS trying to hold their spot. Next 3 weeks are critical.

Has been really good when introduced into the game. Comes straight on and picks up the pace of play.
I personally hate the sub role itself but I have to admit that Morrison is pretty much the ideal sub.

Like you said the moment he comes on he starts to contribute and doesn't need any time to adjust to the speed of th game.

A lot of players struggle to do that after sitting on the bench for half the game.

I personally hate the sub role itself but I have to admit that Morrison is pretty much the ideal sub.

Like you said the moment he comes on he starts to contribute and doesn't need any time to adjust to the speed of th game.

A lot of players struggle to do that after sitting on the bench for half the game.
He does seem to have the knack of finding the ball when he comes on because he positions really well and gives the kicker little option but to give it him. There is a lot of space on the wings after half time and being fresh, he knows where to run to.

But this week, if Gunners is back, then I hope the match committee learnt their lesson last week that Luke has to be sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back