Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rate highly on channel 7.
Only Collingwood games have been rating well on Friday nights lately. Saturday nights have been a disaster for channel 7.

Foxtel request us in Twilight slots as we rate well and they are trying to build those slots.
So if we are rating well in those slots our sponsor must be happy! 😃

It is supposed to rain a fair bit on Saturday hopefully not too much. Suits us not to be too wet. Pies play chaos footy just get it forward so a wet ground might suit

1721338024140.png

Wet, cold and very windy is the forecast. It's gonna be an old fashioned slog. A battle of the wills over who is willing to run harder and endure more sh*t weather. One or two skillful kicks may break the whole game open, otherwise it's run and fumble type stuff, I think.

View attachment 2051887

Wet, cold and very windy is the forecast. It's gonna be an old fashioned slog. A battle of the wills over who is willing to run harder and endure more sh*t weather. One or two skillful kicks may break the whole game open, otherwise it's run and fumble type stuff, I think.
I reckon it’ll be the humidity that gets us

I’ve had several non - hawk colleagues mention how they enjoy watching us play atm
Same. When we start winning flags I wonder if they will continue to enjoy…

everything emperor GIF

Jack(Gini) & Nick will be a really good combination for years to come. Add Moore and our small forwards are set for years. Needs another tall forward and a tall back and it's a winning team.
Hopefully McCabe is our tall back and yes he could be a third tall defender but gee wiz would like it to be otherwise because I agree with your viewpoint. Lewis is our tall forward obviously. Worried about long term body condition for him though but would love him to come good.

Anyway derailing a bit. Dear to kick 10 this week

I cant flipping wait for tomorrow lads what a game. 6 games left and still in with a chance in front off 85,000 + at the G.

I love the Ginny in. The Pies have been smashed in the media this week. This game is set for fireworks!

Interesting the system has stood up for the last 10weeks. How will a hard tag play out across the lines. Third best side in the comp behind the Swans and Lions over this period.

I cant flipping wait for tomorrow lads what a game. 6 games left and still in with a chance in front off 85,000 + at the G.

I love the Ginny in. The Pies have been smashed in the media this week. This game is set for fireworks!

Interesting the system has stood up for the last 10weeks. How will a hard tag play out across the lines. Third best side in the comp behind the Swans and Lions over this period.
Agreed there is huge pressure on them to perform. This is a very hard game for us to win if we are not psychologically prepared. It will be a huge boost of the team's toughness and cohesion if we manage to get over the line.

The Age columnists have us favourites; 11 for us, 3 against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry may as well start looking for a move now,if he hasn't been already.

How CJ stays in ahead of Morrison after a run of bang average games is a mystery.

Plus Harry will sit under a high ball without imagining footsteps behind him, so that's a plus right there.

He'd want a very big game CJ to payback Mitchells belief in him.

How CJ stays in ahead of Morrison after a run of bang average games is a mystery.

Plus Harry will sit under a high ball without imagining footsteps behind him, so that's a plus right there.

I think you are thinking too short term here. CJ hasn't really played a lot of games over the last 2 years. He is learning a new position on the wing. He is also doing a lot of defensive running. His time at AFL level will pay-off as he gets continuity. You can see he is still trying to build that synergy with the rest of the team. It's not as fluent as Day, Worpel, Newk and others but it will come it just takes time and games together.

You need to watch CJ live, he is Chance Bateman like. His work rate and running patterns are amazing and create space for others to do their thing.

A real test for our boys this week. Big game, big crowd, defending champ on the ropes, so much at stake etc..
The last real test we had was against Geelong, and let's be honest, we didn't really pass that test...
I think the grinding win against Freo will be really helpful for the growth of this team, it showed we could win against a quality opponent when things weren't always going our way.

Liking the support for CJ on here - I'll look again when I'm at the G tomorrow.

I'm sure that he's capable of much more - and that's my issue - that an inconsistent CJ is given many opportunities to 'gain form' whilst Harry (and Josh for that matter) aren't afforded the same luxury.

Mind you, Breust has been very lucky at times too.

It just seems that some players are afforded more wriggle room than others, and Harry especially has been very very stiff.

Your weekly CJ diatribe is getting a little old.

The CJ discussion is interesting..
If I were to be completely honest I am not sold yet. I think a lot of people rate him on his “potential” and to be fair he hasn’t played a whole lot of football. So he deserves time.

My biggest issue was his disposal and sometimes iffy decision making. I’am verry happy to be proven wrong over a longer period of time. I just feel competition for spots is only going to get harder and harder as we develop and eventually attract more talent.

Only one with this bone

No-one agrees

Stop looking for validation

its weird

Looks like Sam is getting into McRae’s and Daicos’ head with Finn selection and comments (like game worth more than usual etc). Not usually what he does.
McRae was begging us to play Finn. Mind games. He hates it when Daicos is tagged. Blunts his main weapon. They rely on him more than anyone to give them the "spark" they need.

Looks like Sam is getting into McRae’s and Daicos’ head with Finn selection and comments (like game worth more than usual etc). Not usually what he does.
I don't mind it.

Our game against Richmond had a finals-like atmosphere but the opponent wasn't to that level.

Our game against Fremantle was a finals-like battle but without the atmosphere.

This match has the potential to deliver on both fronts. Certainly the crowd which will hopefully be a majority Hawthorn voice.

Overcome this challenge and there will be a lot of confidence going into a big final against anyone.

I dont think they have been smashed at all. If anythig, they have been measured and expect a response from them. A lot will tip them.

Smashed is what will come next week if the lose to the Mighty Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back