Preview Round 19: Changes Vs Western Bulldogs + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we played the Bulldogs, Switkowski turned the game in the last quarter with a couple of amazing tackles that turned the ball over in our forward 50m which ended up in goals to Matera...and then I think a little later in the game he pressured a Bulldog player running into an open goal and put him off his kick.

That’s cool. Last 5 weeks he’s been pretty trash.
I think he’s best 22, not in form atm.

Don't mind the changes, quite like them. Ballas is cooked, but Switta needs to know he has to do more at this level. Wouldn't be playing Ballas for the rest of the season though, see how he and Switta go respectively.

Yep, agree. Ballantyne hopefully come in with a serious point to prove. Playing for his career.

Maybe they'll pick Shultz and Ballantyne and Matera - and drop someone else.

Edit: I see I'm way behind on the news. Hughes was also dropped from the 22.

Last edited:

That’s cool. Last 5 weeks he’s been pretty trash.
I think he’s best 22, not in form atm.

Yep, agree. Ballantyne hopefully come in with a serious point to prove. Playing for his career.
With all due respect to Ballas who has been a great servant of the club, he is not playing for his career, his career is done at the top level and has been done for a good 2 seasons now...

Hard to wrap my head around his inclusion to be honest

With all due respect to Ballas who has been a great servant of the club, he is not playing for his career, his career is done at the top level and has been done for a good 2 seasons now...

Hard to wrap my head around his inclusion to be honest

We've got 3 rucks in. 2 will be spending time forward most of the game. We need crumbers. Who else we got?

Is it time yet?

Lol yep, go nuts.

Honestly I'm more annoyed that we continue to play a clearly injured Nathan Wilson every week when we could have debuted Carter. A small part of me hopes we lose so we can officially give up on the season and rest all the guys with niggles so we don't **** up their careers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, i'll rephrase it. Who have we got better than Balla.

Carter I'll give you and agree but our learned coach doesn't seem to think that he can play forward, or think he's ready for AFL for that matter.
yeah hard to know because blokes aren't given a look or a good run at it. Granted, Switta has had a good go at this year without impacting the scoreboard, but I like what he offers in terms of pressure.

I just don't see any merit in playing Ballas at this stage of the season and of his career

What’s our average age of the squad now?
Rebuilding but have Mundy, Ballas and Sandi in the same team. Don’t get the Ballas love from Ross . Watch De Boer, Barlow, younger players leave but let’s keep a cooked small forward.

Last edited:
yeah hard to know because blokes aren't given a look or a good run at it. Granted, Switta has had a good go at this year without impacting the scoreboard, but I like what he offers in terms of pressure.

I just don't see any merit in playing Ballas at this stage of the season and of his career
Gifted a sending off. Typical

OK, i'll rephrase it. Who have we got better than Balla.

Carter I'll give you and agree but our learned coach doesn't seem to think that he can play forward, or think he's ready for AFL for that matter.
Schulz. He’s been solid. Crowden. Ballas has been atrocious hardly kicking goals for the level below AFL

I'd take Ballantyne over Switkowski at this point. Sam hasn't done a lot to keep his spot so bringing in Schultz was a good move to combat that. Ballantyne seems good at organising our forward line so don't have a problem with him in. And to those of you complaining that Mundy, Ballantyne and Sandilands are all in the same team. That's literally 3 ****ing veterans, out of 22 players in the squad. You're complaining about 3 veterans? What did you want Nyhuis back in? Useless. Crowden? Can't play the role that we need this week. Honestly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 19: Changes Vs Western Bulldogs + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back