Unofficial Preview Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm March 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, never saw the fascination with Meek, he bullied kids and undersized rucks in the WAFL.
He had more disposals, marks and hit outs than Draper yesterday who’s apparently the second coming.

He had more disposals and hit outs than Draper yesterday who’s apparently the second coming.
The ruck hate is well over the top on here. They were fine yesterday, Reeves did well with his hitouts and Meek did well around the ground.

Shits me that Draper kicked two though, he's a spud but made to look better by sitting deep forward and getting two cheapies.

Would like to see Denver come in this week and given the job on Logan McDonald.

Give Lynch a chance over Reeves as I think he'll be able to provide a better target forward.

And one of Butler/Brockman in for Chad.

Thank God Buddy is out.

We just elevated Frost to the leadership group. They cannot drop him.

We have some prime cut Butchers down back unfortunately and it hurts us every game.

Maybe try Frost forward as a lead up type as you know he is going to hit the pack hard at the very least.

Reminded me of the Saints game last year where we got pansted and nothing went right for us. Bombers kicking arsey goals out of nowhere. Minimal pressure.

We showed plenty of times last year that our best could match it with the best. Just hoping it was an aberration and not the new normal. We had a lot of 'senior' players in Frost, CJ, Newcombe and Moore who were downright ineffective at best and poor at worst.

Swans will only have 1 tall fwd this week, being Logan McDonald.
Reid is still injured.
Unsure who their 2nd ruck is.

Will be interesting to see how we reshuffle the backline.
McLean?

Not getting the ruck hate, but each to there own.

Not sure what change we will make this week but surely the focus at training this week is tackling. Playing bruise free footy all season will certainly mean the spoon is coming our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ruck hate is well over the top on here. They were fine yesterday, Reeves did well with his hitouts and Meek did well around the ground.

Shits me that Draper kicked two though, he's a spud but made to look better by sitting deep forward and getting two cheapies.
I don’t think draper is a spud, but I equally think that our ruckmen have big upside.

As a solo ruck last year his stats were pretty shocking. Does one flashy thing every couple games (GOTY last year) and it seems to cover up how below average he really is.
Oh ok, maybe I believed the hype without looking into it a bit more. I’ve never really checked out his stats.

Swans will only have 1 tall fwd this week, being Logan McDonald.
Reid is still injured.
Unsure who their 2nd ruck is.

Will be interesting to see how we reshuffle the backline.

It's really interesting that Scrimshaw is on the outer, and by reports had a bag kicked on him in the VFL practice match yesterday, and Dimma started on the pine before being pushed forward.

We may be looking to get more run from the back half, but gee, we lacked serious composure yesterday. I love CJ, but it is an issue how many errors he makes in the back half with falling over, dropping marks and poor ball handling. Yesterday wasn't a one off. When you pair CJ, Frost and Bramble together it's really worrying.

We wouldn't have won yesterday, but without Day, Scrimshaw and Dimma moved forward, there just wasn't enough composure in the back half. Perhaps we got a little reality check that it can't be all run and gun with selection there.

It's a shame Morris is injured.

Franklin - Blanket
McDonald - DGB
Heeney - Sic
Papley - Frost
Hayward/whoever else - any 2 of Jiath/Impey/Scrimshaw/Bramble

With Frost rotating onto the resting ruck when they are resting forward.
Buddy got a week.

Frost is meant to be playing more on the smalls this year, so to see him get almost toweled up by an overweight sub in 10 minutes, after some of his other decisions during the game, was probably the most disappointing part of the game for me.

I’m not certain if that means Denver comes in in his place to play the same role, but I would think that Frost’s output needs to improve in the next couple of weeks playing against some decent smalls for him to keep his spot.

Reckon Nash will be starting.

Morrison may come in to assist with structure.

Reckon we need someone like butler to add some defensive intent up forward.

3 changes would likely be absolute max.

No idea what to do with forwards. As poor as Kosi was Ramsden would likely get smashed. Hardwick prob needed down back - shame morris is injured.

I found that really strange when it was mentioned Frost playing on smalls. Why do they think we need Frost on the smalls? Play him on the other tall with Blanck and have Sicily on the third tall, I feel we have changed way too much with our defensive structure this year when it has been our strongest line.

Hardwick starting on the pine, Frost on smalls, Bramble playing over Scrim, there have just been some really strange decisions made. Sure, Scrim may not have had the best preseason but his composure with ball in hand is something we need, rather than an extra runner when we have a bunch of them there already.

As a solo ruck last year his stats were pretty shocking. Does one flashy thing every couple games (GOTY last year) and it seems to cover up how below average he really is.
He is a follower/battering ram . Would never be high possesion but high impact .
I would say Meek will be our equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back