Round 2 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Sunday extended teams are going to feature a heap of rookies again this week

Stewart, Parfitt, Hibberd, Mountford, Simpkin, Preuss, Hannan, Pickett, Macreadie, Eddy, Houston (most, if not all, will play again)

Also potential inclusions like EVW, Durdin, Atley, Balic

Just means we have to wait a day until the final teams are named

So i went into round 1 thinking my SC year could be cactus by now because of my yolo mid price madness strategy.

Turns out i should have more faith in my strategy forming abilities... and if anything i should have gone ken bruce completely mad and got even more midpricers in!

(7 is plenty though!)

Only jaeger disappointed, but i think he'll come good.
I'll be watching him closely this week though...and seriously consider doing something nuts next round like downgrading doch to tuohy or even mbank/mcgrath and upgrading jaeger if he looks like a dud pick.

O'Meara will be fine. Worst case (unless he gets injured again) he'll average 90 odd and make 130k or so. But he should be good for 95 I think.

the Sunday extended teams are going to feature a heap of rookies again this week

Stewart, Parfitt, Hibberd, Mountford, Simpkin, Preuss, Hannan, Pickett, Macreadie, Eddy, Houston (most, if not all, will play again)

Also potential inclusions like EVW, Durdin, Atley, Balic

Just means we have to wait a day until the final teams are named
Ill trade friday night. Need to know how much poop im in with these rookies.

O'Meara will be fine. Worst case (unless he gets injured again) he'll average 90 odd and make 130k or so. But he should be good for 95 I think.

I agree, jaeger will be fine and make 130k or so with a decent av.

But for me who already has beames and smurfy in the middle too, it COULD be better for me overall to cut jaeger loose after rd 2 and use his money, plus the 170k (going doc to tuohy) to try and jag a bonafide keeper.

Basically it would work if tuohy scores close enough to the same as doc until the byes, AND my 492k gets me a bonafide keeper (in fwd, ruc or def).

Risky but looking at maybe getting higgins in up fwd as my bonafide keeper.
Or maybe somehow getting nank fwd and bringing in a keeper ruck.

Or if marchbank or mcgrath look like unmissable options, i could go the other way and downgrade jaeger to one of them.

Hmm.

Last edited:
Can't believe the talk of Scott dropping Hibberd, they need to pump games into kids. Surely he's not dumb enough to drop him.

I agree.
But for me who already has beames and smurfy in the middle too, it COULD be better for me overall to cut jaeger loose after rd 2 and use his money, plus the 170k (going doc to tuohy) to try and jag a bonafide keeper.

Basically it would work if tuohy scores close enough to the same as doc until the byes, AND my 492k gets me a bonafide keeper (in fwd, ruc or def).

Hmm.

Hold on. You are going to trade out Docherty - a bona fide keeper - to try and get a 'bona fide keeper', who happens to be Shaun Higgins?

Na.

Hold on. You are going to trade out Docherty - a bona fide keeper - to try and get a 'bona fide keeper', who happens to be Shaun Higgins?

Na.
But I'm (potentially) trading doc to another bonafide keeper (remember how i said, for it to work- tuohy has to score the same as doc until the byes), then adding another keeper.

Basically I'm looking to exploit the fact that if doc and tuohy score the same between now and the byes... there's 170k of value to be had.
Which is way more value than I'm likely to extract out of any of these garbage rookies anytime soon.

Edit: also looking at touk or chad up fwd as a keeper

Last edited:
So i went into round 1 thinking my SC year could be cactus by now because of my yolo mid price madness strategy.

Turns out i should have more faith in my strategy forming abilities... and if anything i should have gone ken bruce completely mad and got even more midpricers in!

(7 is plenty though!)

Only jaeger disappointed, but i think he'll come good.
I'll be watching him closely this week though...and seriously consider doing something nuts next round like downgrading doch to tuohy or even mbank/mcgrath and upgrading jaeger if he looks like a dud pick.

It's very difficult to trust your judgement, when nearly everyone is telling you to do different.

Hell, even I got swayed by the opinions on here that I ended up swapping a couple of guys I talked up, only to watch them score well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been hoping he can fix my forward line... I hear he's versatile?
What do you expect from the Long fellow?

All I know is Richo loves him. We recruited him for the need of an x factor. I expect he will play and apply a lot of fwd pressure. Hopefully he will be good for a 70-75 average

Can't believe the talk of Scott dropping Hibberd, they need to pump games into kids. Surely he's not dumb enough to drop him.
Remembering that Hibberd was the worst of four kids that debuted, and if dropped would be replaced by Clarke, EVW or Durdin, who are also all kids

Anyone reckon Brodie will get a game? Happy to fork out the cash for any half decent rooks.

I agree, jaeger will be fine and make 130k or so with a decent av.

Or if marchbank or mcgrath look like unmissable options, i could go the other way and downgrade jaeger to one of them.

Hmm.
Try this. Read this back pretending its not your post and then see if it still makes sense. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back