Round 2 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No trades this week but a few rookies are on notice, plus small worries with O'Meara and Rough. Thinking captain will be Buddy or Treloar into Danger or Danger into Fyfe. Get to use Deluca-Carrillo as a floating loophole again so Butler will have the E on him.

Anyone reckon Brodie will get a game? Happy to fork out the cash for any half decent rooks.
I doubt it, not until later in the year, as GC midfield is pretty strong with Lonergan and Fiorini waiting in the wings before him

“Just needs to complete training on Thursday and he should be an automatic in.” - Marcus Ashcroft in regards to Swallow

Try this. Read this back pretending its not your post and then see if it still makes sense. :rolleyes:

Sure does.
Sounds like a risky, but feasible option to redistribute money to maximise value based on how things have panned out after the first 2 rounds.

Which is essentially the aim of all pre round 3 corrective trades.

If i really think that tuohy and doc will score basically the same until byes, that means doc is overvalued by about 60k and tuohy is undervalued by about 100k.
Net result being my team is 160k better off from that 1 trade.
It's generally accepted that cashing out a rookie for a 160k profit is acceptable, so what's your gripe?
If it's with me thinking tuohy is a good shot of scoring close to.what doc does... well that's fine, call it a difference of opinion.

Sure does.
Sounds like a risky, but feasible option to redistribute money to maximise value based on how things have panned out after the first 2 rounds.

Which is essentially the aim of all pre round 3 corrective trades.

If i really think that tuohy and doc will score basically the same until byes, that means doc is overvalued by about 60k and tuohy is undervalued by about 100k.
Net result being my team is 160k better off from that 1 trade.
It's generally accepted that cashing out a rookie for a 160k profit is acceptable, so what's your gripe?
If it's with me thinking tuohy is a good shot of scoring close to.what doc does... well that's fine, call it a difference of opinion.
First of all we are only 1 round in so dont get ahead if yourself.
Second, you are are talking about bringing in a bunch of mid priced players claiming they are bonafide keepers.
Thirdly, it involves a lot of trades that you may regret even after 1-2 rounds as well as long term 'hope' being the mitigating factor.
Fourthly, you dont value your trades enough.
Fifthly, you talk about all these options you are considering and then boil it down to a Doc/ 2E downgrade.
That is my gripe.

First of all we are only 1 round in so dont get ahead if yourself.
Second, you are are talking about bringing in a bunch of mid priced players claiming they are bonafide keepers.
Thirdly, it involves a lot of trades that you may regret even after 1-2 rounds as well as long term 'hope' being the mitigating factor.
Fourthly, you dont value your trades enough.
Fifthly, you talk about all these options you are considering and then boil it down to a Doc/ 2E downgrade.
That is my gripe.

First of all, as i said earlier I'm considering doing the trade after this week, that's why it's 2 rounds.
Secondly I'm not categorically saying anything.
Merely making the point that i think guys like tuohy, higgins, touk could very well be keepers this year.
Thirdly it involves 2 trades, as with any trades- absolutely i could regret them
Fourthly, if you think you're going to get 200k out of every cash cow rookie by the byes this year (or any year) you're dreaming.
Fifthly, I could not have possibly been more clear on stating that it absolutely involves betting on tuohy and doc scoring similarly, therefore it's not a downgrade at all. Im thinking at this early stage that could be a good bet.

I'll be watching both closely this week which will decide whether i still think it's a good bet.

Not sure why you seem so fifthly offended by my brainstorming, did i run over your dog once or something?

First of all, as i said earlier I'm considering doing the trade after this week, that's why it's 2 rounds.
Secondly I'm not categorically saying anything.
Merely making the point that i think guys like tuohy, higgins, touk could very well be keepers this year.
Thirdly it involves 2 trades, as with any trades- absolutely i could regret them
Fourthly, if you think you're going to get 200k out of every cash cow rookie by the byes this year (or any year) you're dreaming.
Fifthly, I could not have possibly been more clear on stating that it absolutely involves betting on tuohy and doc scoring similarly, therefore it's not a downgrade at all. Im thinking at this early stage that could be a good bet.

I'll be watching both closely this week which will decide whether i still think it's a good bet.

Not sure why you seem so fifthly offended by my brainstorming, did i run over your dog once or something?

If offloading JOM I would do something like below instead of the 3 trades I think you are proposing (i may have misunderstood this bit)

Doch, JOM > ZJones, <Top End Mid 602K+Bank> as ZJones will make decent money ala JOM and the top end mid should outscore Doch.

Not that I would do it as it is a structure change only at the cost of 2 trades but this year you may need to think outside the box in terms as cash generation is looking tougher than normal. It would need to net me 20-30 points per week for it to be considered a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could see that coming a mile away. Really hope it's not true but I'm glad I only went with 3 of the 4 cheap rookies and skipped Smith altogether but this isn't ideal. At least Otten/Hibberd could still be in/out throughout the season.

If offloading JOM I would do something like below instead of the 3 trades I think you are proposing (i may have misunderstood this bit)

Doch, JOM > ZJones, <Top End Mid 602K+Bank> as ZJones will make decent money ala JOM and the top end mid should outscore Doch.

Not that I would do it as it is a structure change only at the cost of 2 trades but this year you may need to think outside the box in terms as cash generation is looking tougher than normal. It would need to net me 20-30 points per week for it to be considered a win.

No I'm only thinking of doing 2 trades.

Doc to tuohy and
Jaeger to someone like higgins, touk or chad in the fwd line
(via dpp with dahl into the middle until byes)

I've already got steele, jones, sandy and nank, but if i didn't they would also definitely be on my list with higgo etc.

How does the loophole work this week in round 2

Is it still a rolling lockout

What would I do if I want Treloar into Dangerfield with the loophole

How does the loophole work this week in round 2

Is it still a rolling lockout

What would I do if I want Treloar into Dangerfield with the loophole
  1. Treloar on field with the VC
  2. Danger on field with the C

If Treloar scores well and you want to take it:
  1. Move a playing player from the field to your bench, replacing them with a non-playing player from your bench
  2. Put the C on the non-playing player
  3. Put the E on the playing player on your bench

for example:
upload_2017-3-29_16-50-43.png

I reckon Slobbo writes the notes for each player, check this gem out:

View attachment 351260

He scored 114!

Kicked 2 goals as well.

But in a way his score seems more like an exception than the rule at this stage.
Take away his 2 goals and the 48% HTA which wont happen every week and you're probably looking at his true average

Last edited:
  1. Treloar on field with the VC
  2. Danger on field with the C
If Treloar scores well and you want to take it:
  1. Move a playing player from the field to your bench, replacing them with a non-playing player from your bench
  2. Put the C on the non-playing player
  3. Put the E on the playing player on your bench

for example:
View attachment 351252
Thanks mate

Issue I have is at this stage I have no know playing players lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back