Round 2 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheap coverage.

I'm a Gawn and Lycett* owner
* shakes head

Anyway :p
Reckon English was damn good. First game, getting flogged, Stood up more than most of them. Definitely worth picking up.

I just dont see how he's any use to me other than as a cash cow. Got the BigO as R3 covering Martin/Gawn and he captained superbly on the weekend.
For Lycettt tho, i;d already have English booked in for first trade after that performance.

btw...what the hell happened to Gov ? He saw Bud tearing it up and decided to stay the other end of the ground. Was that the plan ? Oh the shame :D.

Tom Barrass tonned up too. Bud showed him where the ball was.

Barrass > Gov

* shakes head

Reckon English was damn good. First game, getting flogged, Stood up more than most of them. Definitely worth picking up.

I just dont see how he's any use to me other than as a cash cow. Got the BigO as R3 covering Martin/Gawn and he captained superbly on the weekend.
For Lycettt tho, i;d already have English booked in for first trade after that performance.

btw...what the hell happened to Gov ? He saw Bud tearing it up and decided to stay the other end of the ground. Was that the plan ? Oh the shame :D.

Barrass > Gov
English is more than just a cow. DPP ruck/ fwd. Much better forward option than most of the other rooks this year.

89% TOG suggests to me he has the fitness too.

I didnt even look. I probably should check these things shouldnt i.
Sounding better all the time.
FWIW I started with him on my ruck bench, but I'm considering bringing in another ruck/fwd swing in the next couple of weeks so I can get him into the forward line if he continues to score well. Other viable DPP options are Balta (Rich), Hayes and Frampton (Port) and Flynn (GWS). Just a case of working out which one has the most late games.

FWIW I started with him on my ruck bench, but I'm considering bringing in another ruck/fwd swing in the next couple of weeks so I can get him into the forward line if he continues to score well. Other viable DPP options are Balta (Rich), Hayes and Frampton (Port) and Flynn (GWS). Just a case of working out which one has the most late games.
Frampton cos he is most likely to get games if you are looking for ruck cover as well and more cash

otherwise, look at De Koning (i think he is DPP)

Frampton cos he is most likely to get games if you are looking for ruck cover as well and more cash

otherwise, look at De Koning (i think he is DPP)
Yeah thanks. Missed him. Most likely to go Frampton, but the only issue is that Port play a lot of early Saturday games. Only five games later than Saturday twilight through the course of the season.

smartypants
love it.

It only takes about a month for smart stuff like this to sink into my thick skull. No wonder i suck at this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* shakes head

Barrass > Gov
Barrass will be a very good player in another year or two.
Can play lose or go one on one.

As for Gov the other night. Our midgimidis shit so Sydney broke the lines and just gave it to Buddy one on one inside 50.

We needed to press their midfield deeper so if the got through they had to go over the web to get to Buddy.

In other words campaignerhorseface put numbers around the ball backing his midfield to win it and go forward into open space.
Completely kills our zone defence that Simmons is still persisting with the Muppet.

Barrass will be a very good player in another year or two.
Can play lose or go one on one.

As for Gov the other night. Our midgimidis shit so Sydney broke the lines and just gave it to Buddy one on one inside 50.

We needed to press their midfield deeper so if the got through they had to go over the web to get to Buddy.

In other words campaignerhorseface put numbers around the ball backing his midfield to win it and go forward into open space.
Completely kills our zone defence that Simmons is still persisting with the Muppet.
Oh come on. Your gameplan is ruined whenever an opposition coach backs his midfield to win the ball ?

We were told that Gov bloke could win a game like that by himself on one leg at half rat pace. We didnt expect him to run away to the other end of the ground the moment Bud started getting his hands on it

Yepp, Barrass looked good. Franklin was in good nick, but helped by good delivery as well.
Thought about switching out Hurn or Gov for Barrass ? He tonned up yanno ;)

Oh come on. Your gameplan is ruined whenever an opposition coach backs his midfield to win the ball ?

We were told that Gov bloke could win a game like that by himself on one leg at half rat pace. We didnt expect him to run away to the other end of the ground the moment Bud started getting his hands on it

Yepp, Barrass looked good. Franklin was in good nick, but helped by good delivery as well.
Thought about switching out Hurn or Gov for Barrass ? He tonned up yanno ;)
Madness.
Barrass is our main lock down defender. He won't score that we'll every week.

As for your first question. Yes.
We only lose to quick teams with gun midfields.
Port beat us home last year. Melbourne with TMac forward. Dogs, Sydney and Hawks always win against us to.

Madness.
Barrass is our main lock down defender. He won't score that we'll every week.

As for your first question. Yes.
We only lose to quick teams with gun midfields.
Port beat us home last year. Melbourne with TMac forward. Dogs, Sydney and Hawks always win against us to.
Whynot simply plant Hurn 10m goal side of centre square and feed him the ball...let him hoof it at the goals a dozen times per game. Saves all that mucking about. Winner chicken dinner.
I;d love to coach :thumbsu:

Danger is going to be so hangry by monday, he's going to eat pigskin like pussy coming out of prison.
185107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back