Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a rebuild. Half the team needs to go, we have no midfield, ruck or kpp depth, our skills are deplorable and our game plan is stupid. Cotchin is an uninspiring and ineffective player let alone captain, and dimma has run out of ideas.

This will probably be marics last year and Deledio will retire sometime in the near future too. Without them we are a shell of a team and we need to start planning for life after then because this lot bloody well won't win a final.

Not time for a rebuild. Time to start playing your best available players each week & stop playing AFL roulette!

Dimma has been outcoached by a rockie coach and now by Buckley. The ultimate insult. No list changes except an injury prone Carlton reject and a game plan torn apart by a rookie coach.

Passengers - C. Ellis, Hunt and Griffiths. Griffiths is a complete liability, and would struggle to get a game in the women's league. Hunt should delist himself. C. Ellis looked lost and didn't link up across half back.

Short and Lloyd looked lively. Martin was excellent. Rance was bad. Cotchin was insipid. Should be benched with these STUPID 25 meter kicks sideways. Captaincy needs to be changed immediately.

Fasolo - paid a mark that was clearly spoiled. Staged for the softest free kick of the night. Two goals. Was caught twice holding the ball and once dropping the ball - none paid against him. Greenwood (I think) given a free kick in forward 50 when he had walked away and didn't know he had a free.

Martin - banana 25m out instead of left foot. Three posters.

If anyone gets the blame, it is Cotchin. 25 Meters out and misses. That's the ball game.
Wtf. If anyone gets the blame it's the cotchy because he missed a shot in the 2nd quarter?
Not vickey for not taking the shot? Rance for giving away the free? Who ever kept ****ing kicking it across goals? Hunts multiple turnovers in the 3rd?

Took down my Trent Cotchin portrait as a symbol for my confidence in the team, the leadership group and the coaches. They're just like an amalgamation of differing types of turds.

That's my rant for the night I suppose..

Edit: Short was a pretty good turd tonight though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That just about does it for me. How do you see any improvement from that? They didn't win the game, we lost it with our f***ing piss poor skill level which is in NO WAY up AFL standard. To make finals would actually be counter productive, because we need a hall out. But even so, that probably won't happen because we signed our one dimensional f***ing, broken record coach for another 2 years. The amount of turnovers caused by mindlessly, hack-job pieces of play is nauseating. Week in week out we see a brainless game plan with absolutely no system and no adaptability whatsoever, which not only represents the team, but is a reflection of the ENTIRE organisation. What they've done in the last 3 years is testament to that. This club has a history of taking advantage of it's far too loyal supporters and making unrealistic promises. The only shred of consistency it has, is failing in the worst possible way imaginable time and time again. This organisation, from the ground up, is full of incompetent imbecile's who are happy to settle for mediocrity. The club is a sick, sad joke.

Some won't like this but we will not win a final or go deep into finals with Dustin Martin at the club , his defensive efforts are the worst of any AFL footballer.
A opposition player can be within 2-3 strides and he doesn't care.
Best thing the club can do is **** him off.

you are hurting, but that is the dumbest f*cking thing i have ever read

Dimma better not blame the deliberate out of bounds rule cos he was talking about how good it is yesterday. How do professional footballers miss so many easy shots? How can we not even hit targets at 20m to ice the clock, after all these years?

Very little confident ball movement this week or last. Pressure by the opposition sure, but also our confidence looks shot. Missed passes, panic, floating kicks, fumbles etc.

Or is it just a game plan that is easy to stifle.

Strange emotions after a loss but really even last week we were poor and somehow won, tonight we should have won but lost. So essentially we should be 0-2 but could be 2-0 but end up 1-1.

But over and above all the stats I clearly feel so early in the season that we are so far behind other teams both skill wise and strategy wise that regardless of tonights result we still wont make finals this year. Sort of numb I suppose watching a team I love watching but clearly firing blanks and no live ammunition available. Can see alot of pain in the coming weeks because from what I have seen of the season so far the Pies and Blues would be two of the weakest lineups.

Well I actually thought we were better however we still have to many blokes who wan put their head over it when it's their turn. Batchelor is a massive out in our defence and to loose Grimes early put it up our arse even more.
hampson was ok, Vickery was Vickery the campaigner is overated.
Griffiths has all the tools bar the most important one , being a ticker.
Grigg , McIntosh, Bellis, Menadue, Short, Lambert, Cotchin, Jack all were ok.
Our backline sucked ***** and I guess is expected with 3 of them , Chaplin, Batch and Grimes missing.
Some won't like this but we will not win a final or go deep into finals with Dustin Martin at the club , his defensive efforts are the worst of any AFL footballer.
A opposition player can be within 2-3 strides and he doesn't care.
Best thing the club can do is **** him off.
Dusty was once again one of the best. Use your brain.

Disagree. Rule is fantastic, keeps it in play and exciting. The players will eventually learn, Vlustuin had a shocker and he was trying to be smart. Should of put it inboard and high. Imagine the mad scramble there would of been. We should of not even been in the position. 1 point win against Collingwood with their players out is disgusting.

Seriously, when has AFL not been exciting???? If you want a game that is more exciting and the ball is kept in play all the time - watch the NBA or Soccer. AFL is AFL & people should just love it for what it is - a strong contest of endurance. FFS, how much more excitement do you want out of 2 hours? Never mind the fact we just had a game decided by a free kick - i don;'t believe for 1 second that Vlaustin hand balled that in the hope it would roll out of bounds directly, he tried to put it in a position for other players to push it over. That isn't deliberate, that is playing percentages.

I don't get how we keep selling out grand finals etc etc etc etc and everyone thinks we need to make it "more exciting"??

Bad luck tonight, just an all around bad night.

However keep faith, you're still a quality side and finalist for 3 consecutive years - no mean feat. If you can just add someone like Treloar to your midfield in the off-season I can really see you guys pushing the Top 4.

All the best next week :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Back