Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 475504

Need 45k to go Naughton to Bonner
Only way I see it really is to either
- Go Premo > cheaper premo (the Neale > Toby idea)
- Go Semi-premo > Bonner hoping they can score similar points (Savage who I picked but don't trust > Bonner) - would give me cash to get in Danger
- More expensive rookie > cheaper rookie - Bradshaw > rook

If any other pearls of wisdom will definitely consider alternative

Otherwise I'll probably just sit with the team as is given I don't have anything else I need to fix.
I find its always good to throw your ideas to the crowd. Learn how strongly you believe in your own convictions!

Thanks for any advice!
Advice: Dont go to Bonner this week. Disclaimer: I have him as a hunch but wouldnt burn a trade for him on just one week.

Fwiw not sold on NN, althoughhes a gun, surely he rests quite regularly this year?

He only played 54% game time and tonned up. He will surely play more and more as he goes on and kills it more. If you are swapping out an injury i would take NN fo shure. I chickened out of having him but i should have selected him. But ill take gawn/nank.

He only played 54% game time and tonned up. He will surely play more and more as he goes on and kills it more. If you are swapping out an injury i would take NN fo shure. I chickened out of having him but i should have selected him. But ill take gawn/nank.
against a ruckless Swans or the nearest thing to it.

lets see how he goes against decent opposition

Thoughts on Robertson from Brisbane? Looking like he could break out after 27 touches 6 tackles in the midfield. Only 330K.

Pros
- Durable
- Always tries hard so will probably be fairly consistent

Cons
- He has a high percentage of uncontested possessions but generally doesn't use it that well ~ >3 clangers per game on average last year
- Gives away a lot of free kicks - 34 last year
- Hothead and risk of suspension
- Played 21 games and had 15 scores <70 last year..

View attachment 475504

- Go Semi-premo > Bonner hoping they can score similar points (Savage who I picked but don't trust > Bonner) - would give me cash to get in Danger

Otherwise I'll probably just sit with the team as is given I don't have anything else I need to fix.
I find its always good to throw your ideas to the crowd. Learn how strongly you believe in your own convictions!

Thanks for any advice!
Dude you have an amazing round 1 team. Don’t tinker with it yet. What if u trade out a premium, bring in Bonner, and he scores 23. Your team is spot on and I’d wait the week out. No trades needed IMO. If Bonner scores another 80+ this week, then let’s talk about it next week mate

Hmmm... what do I do with Zerrett?

Obviously don't know what the situation with the rest of your team is. I was considering potentially going from Merret to Danger and I'm not going to for the following reasons:

• A sideways trade after round 1
  • Having to use enormous amounts of cash that could be better spent upgrading rookies, poor performing mid-pricers etc
  • Danger has injury clouds
  • New look midfield might see Danger get rested more up forward, get less of the contested ball, which he scores so heavily from
  • Danger will most likely drop in price and he would be a good upgrade target later on.
  • Merret will score well enough for you to hold him
  • The VC loophole can easily be covered by guys like Mitchell and Martin (My case and hopefully yours)
Hope that helps anybody considering to drop Merret and/or grab Danger.

Obviously don't know what the situation with the rest of your team is. I was considering potentially going from Merret to Danger and I'm not going to for the following reasons:

• A sideways trade after round 1
  • Having to use enormous amounts of cash that could be better spent upgrading rookies, poor performing mid-pricers etc
  • Danger has injury clouds
  • New look midfield might see Danger get rested more up forward, get less of the contested ball, which he scores so heavily from
  • Danger will most likely drop in price and he would be a good upgrade target later on.
  • Merret will score well enough for you to hold him
  • The VC loophole can easily be covered by guys like Mitchell and Martin (My case and hopefully yours)
Hope that helps anybody considering to drop Merret and/or grab Danger.
It's already been reported that both Dusty and Mitchell are getting more attention this week. I wouldn't be banking a +120 just yet.

Everyone that is around 15-20k ranked (like me) need not to stress too much.

My 2,280 put me at 14k, and the difference between that and top 3k is literally 100 points

In essence the difference between Buddy and a Lambert/Walters etc

Can easily be made up, no silly trades, focus on the important rookies!

Nic Nat historically plays about 66% game time when healthy IIRC... So it will go up a bit, but dont expect 80%+

Nic Nat historically plays about 66% game time when healthy IIRC... So it will go up a bit, but dont expect 80%+

Yeah he never plays a lot, but just has the highest PPM of any player.
Pure impact player.

I doubt he'll get to 80% TOG much this year, but that's about where he's at with full fitness.

Thoughts on Robertson from Brisbane? Looking like he could break out after 27 touches 6 tackles in the midfield. Only 330K.
He's their tagger when Robinson is out of the side, which is regularly. No thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nroo went down with a knee round one last year. Many people (including me) traded him out which might explain the large round two trades thread.
Quite a few injuries last weekend as well (Libba, Ryder ect). Will always have inexperienced coaches sideways trading early in the season chasing points.
Different breed tho. He never left us high and dry, nor bullshitted about any injury. He had already tonned up when he went down with the knee (dont we wish they all did that), then within 24hrs he'd gone on the record saying it would likely only be 1 week, which it was. Made holding him pretty easy.

Now, a bloke like Zerrett gets a knock and 4-5 days later we still have no idea whether he'll play. Shits me to tears.

They should know and understand we really dont give a flying F about long term effects. If they can walk and count to 5 they're fit.

Last edited:
Ryder cover required.

Can someone please talk me out of Callum Sinclair?

This is my Perry Mason moment to mount a case for the defense. Read on if you will :)

A lot of people have written him off as a spud, which he kind of is as a forward and his average reflects that.

However, as a solo ruck there is another side to the argument. I posted in one of the preseason threads about him after Tippett retired and Naismith did his knee. Prior to this year he had 3 games without Naismith and Tippett, he had two scores under 80 and a 142.

In two games he rucked with either Nankervis or Reid, the other one he rucked solo. Guess which game was the only one that he rucked solo in?

It was the 142.
Against Matty Kreuzer.
In a game we lost.
On the weekend he solo rucked against NicNat and Spudcett for a 106.
142 & 106. Let that sink in.

Both games were almost identical: he had 20 touches (half of them CP), 15 hitouts, 1 tackle and 1 goal in total. Like Stefan Martin and Nankervis he gets his points around the ground and not through sheer weight of hit outs. Unlike Mumford he does not rely on huge tackle numbers.

Small sample size of 2 games I know but a 124 average in his current role against quality ruckman is food for thought. He wont sustain this but I do think a 90-95 average is not out of reach, he could do this year what Nank did last year.

As for the not playing a full season argument, he has been dropped as often as he has been injured due to Tippett and Naismith being ahead of him. The role is his as long as he stays fit.

He is 436k and 1% ownership. A ballsy POD but not one to discard, he will put on shit games and personally for the extra 30k I would downgrade Ryder to NicNat but I was laughed out of a thread last year for suggesting Tom Bellchambers at 305k and he ended up averaging 92.

Just my 2c

This is my Perry Mason moment to mount a case for the defense. Read on if you will :)

A lot of people have written him off as a spud, which he kind of is as a forward and his average reflects that.

However, as a solo ruck there is another side to the argument. I posted in one of the preseason threads about him after Tippett retired and Naismith did his knee. Prior to this year he had 3 games without Naismith and Tippett, he had two scores under 80 and a 142.

In two games he rucked with either Nankervis or Reid, the other one he rucked solo. Guess which game was the only one that he rucked solo in?

It was the 142.
Against Matty Kreuzer.

Both games were almost identical: he had 20 touches (half of them CP), 15 hitouts, 1 tackle and 1 goal in total. Like Stefan Martin and Nankervis he gets his points around the ground and not through sheer wait of hit outs. Unlike Mumford he does not rely on huge tackle numbers.

Small sample size of 2 games I know but a 124 average in his current role against quality ruckman is food for thought. He wont sustain this but I do think a 90-95 average is not out of reach, he could do this year what Nank did last year.

As for the not playing a full season argument, he has been dropped as often as he has been injured due to Tippett and Naismith being ahead of him. The role is his as long as he stays fit.

He is 436k and 1% ownership. A ballsy POD but not one to discard, he will put on shit games and personally for the extra 30k I would downgrade Ryder to NicNat but I was laughed out of a thread last year for suggesting Tom Bellchambers at 305k and he averaged 92.

Just my 2c
Well worded. The only issue is that if Cameron plays well in the LOLFL then he might end up having an assistant again. As for NN, the issue for me with him is that it's likely he'll get rested at some stage. Lot of guess work right now.

Well worded. The only issue is that if Cameron plays well in the LOLFL then he might end up having an assistant again. As for NN, the issue for me with him is that it's likely he'll get rested at some stage. Lot of guess work right now.

That is true, like Nank last year having Soldo as a chop out this will most likely happen.

Spewing he is not a FWD/RUCK

You mentioned Libba to Bonner via Finlayson to the mids.
Use the extra cash to go ANB to Tobias.

Personally, I'd go Libba to Danger
Just looking at all options atm.
Will give ANB one more week. I picked him for a reason, need to give him a chance.
May even hold this week on Libba and if ANB sucks, Danger and Bonner explodes then as a pair with my bank I should be able to get Danger and Bonner rd 3. Winning.

View attachment 475504

Thanks for any advice!

Sit for a week would be my advice

Not going to do it (yet at least), but, if I downgrade Brandon Ellis to Bonner I will have 300k in the bank. Just from that one trade. It's tempting. Maybe next week before price changes. Sort of hoping Ellis spuds it again and makes the decision easier.

Not going to do it (yet at least), but, if I downgrade Brandon Ellis to Bonner I will have 300k in the bank. Just from that one trade. It's tempting. Maybe next week before price changes. Sort of hoping Ellis spuds it again and makes the decision easier.

You just know what will happen - Ellis will get about 96 and Bonner will get about 72. WTF do you do then?

It was the 142.
Against Matty Kreuzer.
In a game we lost.

Both games were almost identical: he had 20 touches (half of them CP), 15 hitouts, 1 tackle and 1 goal in total. Like Stefan Martin and Nankervis he gets his points around the ground and not through sheer weight of hit outs. Unlike Mumford he does not rely on huge tackle numbers.

He is 436k and 1% ownership. A ballsy POD but not one to discard, he will put on shit games and personally for the extra 30k I would downgrade Ryder to NicNat but I was laughed out of a thread last year for suggesting Tom Bellchambers at 305k and he ended up averaging 92.

Just my 2c

You have sold him to me.

Dunno whether to grab Bonner or not.

Ran very deep in the mids, Libba now gone and somehow had Rockliff (still don't remember getting him), but can flush Rockliff for Bonner, through DPP rookie and Libba to Punchable through DPP rookie. Will have 200k up sleeve. Danger back off the bench with Kelly shores up the mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back