Autopsy Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Woeful

Smashed by Carlton without a Ruckman

Can't blame injuries

Billings a match winner 🤣

We are poorly coached

We have a team who can't consistently execute the basic skills of the game.

Ive said it over and over again, good ball users... that's what this club needs.

Incredibly disappointing season with too many abysmal losses.

Heat needs to come on Ratten.

Over the 87 disposals between Crouch, Dunstan and Jones I'd love to know how many we retained. Dunstan couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, his foot skills are below AFL standard.

Crouch was the worst of them but still 63% efficiency. They were just lacking energy and effort to put pressure on.

Honestly better off not slipping into the finals and papering over some grand canyons... for all the ordinary performances, that was our strongest 22 this year and we got pumped with Jack Silvangni playing 100 minutes in the ruck.
Why we think Kent, Long and Hunter are suddenly going to flip their horrendous form is hard to comprehend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a bit concerned about ratten as a coach
Watching clips of him with the team, he is underwhelming. I can see why we may be up for a week or two then lose it, not sure he can motivate all the players to get it done each week.

looks like a great guy but do the players get nervous when they walk past his office?

If Clarkson is there, time to make a bold move and get him

alas!! the timing of his announcement from the hawks straight after the Carlton review has been completed suggests he might be at the blues very soon.

Last edited:
Is it too late to rescind my Luke Dunstan apology? Not our worst but the ball is just wasted in his hands and we don't have the class that he can hide from it. He is reverting back to his old self.

Need another key defender desperately, last few weeks have made that glaringly clear.

Loving our kids though, Leo will be the pick up the bunch for mine. Made some blues tonight but he's just class and he knows it. For god sake don't coach that out of him.

Ross and Billings are garbage, move them on. Hopefully get some decent compo for JB.

Time for a spring clean of our list
Why are our players instructed to reward Brad Hill with the possessions they've earnt when he's either not in a damaging position or he turns the ball over.

They were instructed to give him the ball but now they give him the ball only for it to be turned over. He’s useless without the ball if I’m brutally honest.

I am a bit concerned about ratten as a couch
Watching clips of him with the team, he is underwhelming. I can see why we may be up for a week or two then lose it, not sure he can motivate all the players to get it done each week.

looks like a great guy but so the players get nervous when they walk past his office?

If Clarkson is there, time to make a bold move and get him

alas!! the timing of his announcement from the hawks straight after the Carlton review has been completed suggests he might be at the blues very soon.
A bit concerned ? He has failed badly this years

Positives:
The Matildas advanced at the Olympics.
I watched about 5 minutes of this game.
Negatives:
Once again it's between the ears.

We overrate our list. Carlton have better pieces than us but under achieve. Similar flaky sides, they already have pressure off. King and Steele are our only really top line players and King has played a few good games so far. The rest are very average. Sam Walsh looks a much better player than our guys and is on the way to elite. We have to start to nail our high draft picks, it's the only way to get the guns. Hill was a dumb choice even though he improved. Sat out of drafts for a cherry on a turd cake.

Well another season over, what have we learn't.

One thing I'll say is I genuinly think we are capable of challenging any team when we are on. That is precisely the problem. Our inconsistancy both in front of goals and from game to game is seriously disgraceful. I also think we have far too many players with their own egos, and their own identity intead of a St Kilda identity.

I want Jack Steele to lead any everyone needs to follow with his same heart tackling and toughness. Nothing else, nothing short of that

Good years from Steele, Sinclair, Ryder, Crouch

Inconsistant years from Membrey, Billings, Howard, Wilkie, King, Marshal, Webster, Dunstan, Hill, Higgins, Ross, Clark, Jones, Mckenzie

Poor years from Butler, Kent, Long, Coffield, Battle,

Unfortunately just too many guys who from week to week we didn;t know what we were going to get.

At least it looks like we've unearthed some good youngsters in Leo, Byrnes, Kingy and Highmore starting to look like they could be decent. However willlthey be able to take the next step or will we still be saying they have potential in three years.

Goign Forward

I think we will line up

Paton (hopefully back to full fitness) Howard Wilkie
Clark Highmore Sinclair
Hill Steele Billings
Membrey Marshall Gresham (Hopefully
Higgins King Butler

Ryder Jones Crouch

Ross Byrnes (First pick) Mckenzie

Emg Coff Leo Battle Webster

Our list is looking to me more concerning then it has going into in off season then it has.

Sharman
Kings goal kicking
Matildas
Jack Steele 1 vote?

The rest of the evening

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back