Votes: 34 19.3%
  • Hawks by 25+

Votes: 74 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Kirsten getting back in. Why would we do that?

I would go Rivers at CHF before Shane as well at this stage. More experience, bigger body and better player.

But its likely just SJ for Cocky this week.

I would go Rivers at CHF before Shane as well at this stage. More experience, bigger body and better player.

Do you think that Rivers to CHF is in anyway a likely move to be made by our match committee?

You think that Stokes will stay in the side?

Was he poor or just didn't get much delivery thanks to the entire midfield being sh*t?

Edit: or did he play in the midfield?

I don't know, there are a few comments you could read on the 2nds Gameday thread from the few who braved the Arctic trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stokes had played Cockatoo's game and vice versa, I get the feeling that people would have been saying Cockatoo had a far better game than Stokes. Stokes kicked a massive goal and Cockatoo made some massive clangers. And Stokes has produced against Hawthorn time and again. It's really as simple as that for me. I'm not even sure when his last bad game against Hawthorn was.
Yeah he produced years ago. stokes wasn't without his own clangers last night and also wasn't played out of position for nearly a half. He is too slow to provide defensive pressure and it will be exploited. Cocky is a risk as he can get lost in play down back but lack of speed is by no means an issue and there was some great forward pressure that helped cause turnovers. against the Hawks we need to take the risk. We know what stokes offers and it's not enough anymore.

Yep. I don't think they will change up a winning side much at all. They will want the age and experience against the Hawks.
Fair enough. I see it a bit differently in that Stokes seemed to really struggle against the Swans, particularly once the ball got out in space. I think that he will struggle to keep his place in the team, or at least in the 21 IMO.

Yeah he produced years ago. stokes wasn't without his own clangers last night and also wasn't played out of position for nearly a half. He is too slow to provide defensive pressure and it will be exploited. Cocky is a risk as he can get lost in play down back but lack of speed is by no means an issue and there was some great forward pressure that helped cause turnovers. against the Hawks we need to take the risk. We know what stokes offers and it's not enough anymore.
I can't believe that I'm saying this Seedsy, but I actually agree with you! :D

I wonder if Caddy is a player who eases into seasons and starts hitting his straps later in the year?

Certainly putting together some good footy in recent weeks.

That's defenitely been the pattern hasn't it Pivo
If Caddy and the other Mids put it all together we are defenitely a chance.
I'm looking forward to Walker playing mostly at CHF , I think he likes the G and in addition to last years fantastic first 1/2 in the QF he debued there and had around 4 shots on goal - quite gettable but he was clearly nervous and a much worse kick then

Hawks should win but we are playing well at the moment........

No, it's a pattern that Stokes produces every time we play against Hawthorn. Including four months ago. And last year. Stokes hasn't got much slower in that time, nor has Hawthorn got much quicker.

I wonder if Caddy is a player who eases into seasons and starts hitting his straps later in the year?

Certainly putting together some good footy in recent weeks.
It has certainly been a trend of his since joining the Cats. You could also add Duncan to that list of players who seem to take a little while to get going early on in seasons.

At the risk of making a catastrophic prediction, I think Lang is going to be become a very, very good player for us. Still developing, and still needs improvement. But every now and again he does something that shows incredible poise and talent.
Awesome Pendlebury like poise. Rabid tackler that brings down opponents, beautiful side-step. The kid is going to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back