Preview Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 6th August, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about Stocker, really want him to succeed but every blue he makes is costly.

A shame for him he missed out, I'm sure he would love to stick it up Carlton for delisting him but he isn't in our best 22 when we're close to full strength

He really only got a spot early on due to us having so many injuries and to his credit he played well enough to hold his spot but he has dropped off since then and with some of our better players returning he has been squeezed out.

He's still worth keeping on our list though as he will at least be a good depth player and is young enough to improve and force his way into our best 22.

A shame for him he missed out, I'm sure he would love to stick it up Carlton for delisting him but he isn't in our best 22 when we are close to full strength.

He really only got a spot early on due to us having so many injuries and to his credit he played well enough to hold his spot but he has dropped off since then and with some of our better players returning he has been squeezed out.

He's still worth keeping on our list though as he will at least be a good depth player and is young enough to improve and force his way into our best 22.

His problem was the 40 odd F's he gave on his livestream, didn't mesh with the good boy attitude wanted and so he missed out to attend bible studies. This is also why Billings was left out so he could act as the icon for it if Stocker got confused at all. All planned.

I'd love us to stick with him, love his intensity on the ball, it's something you can't teach.

No doubt we will, just by looks of it RL tried him as a defensive mid in hawks game and he didn't do much with it, so my guess was Gresh was just preferred as a more established entity in the maligned forward space. If this was say the Brisbane match instead who have quality smalls, Gresh might have been on more shaky ground instead of Stocker methinks.

Be nice if Byrnes keeps building his reputation for his delivery inside 50.

Nothing more satisfying than a half forward/winger that inspires his forwards to lead hard at him.

I would love to see him hit a teammate on the chest with a kick, but probably won't happen in my lifetime

We will have more chance of him hitting our players on the chest next year if he goes to Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably

Don't think Stocker is flavour of the month with Rossy
The Stocker experiment probably needs to end IMO. Was good to start the year but i think we’re starting to see why he was delisted.

Our forward line looks dangerous , King , Caminiti and Sharman all have different qualities.

If they play it smart , they can draw the defenders apart , and all of them can hold their own against anyone likely to match up on them.

If they all run to the drop zone, it'll be same old.

The Stocker experiment probably needs to end IMO. Was good to start the year but i think we’re starting to see why he was delisted.

I'd give him a year.
Full pre-season, need to see a quantum improvement.
Clinton Jones was 23 before he played a game at AFL level. So was Callum Wilkie.

As a Junior he was an inside mid, and as an inside mid he's doing a great job on HBF ( compare to Bytel, or Charlie Constable).
Though for an inside mid he seems to not win too many contested possessions or clearances.

Think you're jumping the gun a bit.
Possibly but I just don’t see the upside with him anymore. Just another GOP at best and we don’t need any more of those but we’ll see.

Stocker is worth keeping for another year. 23 and getting a game most weeks.

Not sure how we’d replace everyone if delisted anyone doing what Stocker is.
Probably playing for the minimum as well.
I‘m hanging on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back