Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

“We respect the Tribunal’s decision, however, we are disappointed that Nat will be unavailable for this weekend’s fixture against Essendon,” said Brierty.

“We will now take time to review this decision. Meanwhile, Nat will now do everything to assist his teammates in their preparation for this weekend and be available to return against Geelong.

“The Club would like to acknowledge the services of Seamus Rafferty SC and thank him for his efforts at tonight’s hearing.”
We hired a bloke named Rafferty to represent us? Really?

I guess it proves the VFL Tribunal isn't actually a rafferty's rules forum after all. Hmm, surprises never end.

I suppose one thing is that Essendon don’t seem to have a big bodied midfield so we really should be winning this without Fyfe throwing his huge frame around.

I haven't seen enough of their games to know if Stringer still has a run through their midfield. Maybe that was one of their previous coaches who used that tactic, although he seems to be the equal no 1 clearance getter (with Rowan Marshall 8) vs St Kilda.

We’ll miss Fyfe - much maligned as he’s been this season for his cat 10s, he’s been crucial to how our mix is working these last few weeks. Big body, elite hands, vision, experience. He’s no longer the star, but as a role player, we will miss his link up play and creativity when we move the ball quickly. I don’t think Johnno nor Erasmus can replace that.

What’s Essendon’s midfield like? Haven’t watched them much. Can we cover Fyfe?

It will be Johnson but if not, I reckon O'Driscoll would get a game next ahead of Erasmus or Brodie; over the last two or maybe even three weeks he has been way just more impactful with his possessions than either of those other two and he has better burst speed around the packs.
The thing is that doesn't show up on the numbers. Last week was NOD's biggest "in the guts" game probably of his entire WAFL seniors career. He had 3 score involvements, Raz had 10 (3 clear of anyone else on ground). While NOD's game is probably more aesthetically pleasing and he has that burst you mention, Raz's is more effective in the guts. And then you have the issue that, while NOD has done nice things in the guts since returning, reality is Raz (and obviously Brodie) have way more runs on the board in that department.

If it isn't Johnson this week (it probably is), I think a motivated Brodie is still probably the best of the lot, though Raz has shown more willingness/ability to improve and accept roles. NOD's recent contest work should make re-signing him an easy decision, but his spot is likely still wing with at best spot inside minutes.

It’s not the lawyer that makes the difference, it’s the jumper.

I bet we could swap lawyers with Carlton and both clubs would still get the same results. It's not the lawyers, it's the jumpers.
Are you both implying that the AFL is corrupt and has favourites?
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

All good, rest him up before the finals much like the Eagles rested up Yeo for their final series last weekend.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t see why we’re still discussing that tbh. It’s quite satisfying they’ve reduced themselves to that level of irrelevance but let’s give that bunch of ****heads the respect they deserve.

They only deserve a mention two weeks a year - the two derbies. Outside that they’re completely irrelevant.

There’s four more games this year then finals - it was time to move by Monday tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tribunal kept explicitly referring to the change of wording around getting separation in an attempt to win the ball. Fyfe wasn’t attempting to get separation in an attempt to get the pill. That is not relevant.

Is he meant to stand around and let shitheel scrubbers like Culley run ammo tactics on him?

Gleeson has ****ed up and we should appeal.

Don’t see why we’re still discussing that tbh. It’s quite satisfying they’ve reduced themselves to that level of irrelevance but let’s give that bunch of ****heads the respect they deserve.

They only deserve a mention two weeks a year - the two derbies. Outside that they’re completely irrelevant.

There’s four more games this year then finals - it was time to move by Monday tbh.
Ok sorry then, was just a throw away line about Fyfe having a week's rest.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ll miss Fyfe - much maligned as he’s been this season for his cat 10s, he’s been crucial to how our mix is working these last few weeks. Big body, elite hands, vision, experience. He’s no longer the star, but as a role player, we will miss his link up play and creativity when we move the ball quickly. I don’t think Johnno nor Erasmus can replace that.

What’s Essendon’s midfield like? Haven’t watched them much. Can we cover Fyfe?
Have burst, offensive players- Stringer, Perkins, Caldwell and most important of all Merrett. Midfield have to be on top and not let them run.
Fyfe is pretty important tbh. Johnson in doesn’t really please as a replacement. Would like Brodie given a chance

No need to be like that, your carry on would make you think Hughes has never played a decent game for Freo. He has played plenty, sure I see more in Draper’s and Chapman’s potential but Hughes has played plenty of crucial games In defence. Chapman is also currently making plenty of mistakes. Hughes is possibly closer to a return than you think with very good WAFL form.
No doubt Ethan Hughes has been a solid servant.

But he has done some crucial mistakes in the back 50 that has cost us goals or even close games.

Hell, Matt Taberner cant get in the squad. He is only getting in unless Tracey and Voss are injured.

Not confident. Essendon will have this one pencilled in as their statement game.

Agreed. Essendon away is our bogeyest of bogey games. 3x away wins in 19x attempts (15%) the worst record we have and they are being given a massive rev up in the media.

The only positive is that it’s at the G which is no longer as daunting as it used to be.

No doubt Ethan Hughes has been a solid servant.

But he has done some crucial mistakes in the back 50 that has cost us goals or even close games.

Hell, Matt Taberner cant get in the squad. He is only getting in unless Tracey and Voss are injured.
Time to move on Ethan he is 30 in December.

He ain't going to get better.

Bombers actually have lost 2 important players in Ridley and Guelfi.

We should pantz them, their mids look tired, Stringer is fat and lazy, etc.

Hand out a few brochures on Las Vegas before the game and they'll switch off.
Start of year, thought stringer was invigorated due to his new faith..lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back