Opinion Round 21 Changes vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyfe forward gets the benefit of dragging a midfielder to try and play key back.

Starting on Harry Taylor would be a totally different prospect, he is a strong man but the likes of a key back leaning on him and restricting his leap could heavily reduce his marking power.
sam rowe perhaps??

If Spurr is out then I assume MDB would stay in and play that role, which is actually the role he was recruited for.

Silvagni is coming in for McPharlin, no brainer.
Mayne by all accounts is training in defense.
This makes me think that Clarke may be dropped and Johnson will give Sandi a chop out every now and then.

I actually like this. I feel Sandi can handle most of the ruck work and Fyfe can pitch in when needed. Gives another body in defence and allows for freedom for Mayne to stick in forward. Don't think Clarke offers enough for atm.

Did you mean superman? The only position not allocated to Fyfe this week it would seem is defender.

Gunston may play. From all accounts it seems like he is full training and ready for selection. Can't decide if it's smoke and mirrors but hawks will be desperate not to lose this

I disagree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be an ideal game for the Hawks to rest some players with a 6 day break against Geelong the following week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rested Hodge and maybe even Burgoyne.

It isn't as important to them as it is to us.

Fyfe made him look like a guy shoehorned into the position because he was tall and not required elsewhere huh
Rowe's been a surprisingly good defender this year, But what i was saying is his size and strength are not the only reason he takes marks.
Rowe is a lot taller, and strong enough to play on guys like Pav so for Fyfe to beat him rather comftorabaly in the air suggests that he can beat KPD's, at the least he would force them to spoil and just quickly - do you know any KPD's who could beat him once the ball hits the deck??

I actually like this. I feel Sandi can handle most of the ruck work and Fyfe can pitch in when needed. Gives another body in defence and allows for freedom for Mayne to stick in forward. Don't think Clarke offers enough for atm.
You're not seriously considering fyfe rucking are you? That's the issue. If clarke is left out then we need tabs or apeness or silva to give sandi a rest. At least those guys can be bashed about with less effect on our team.

If Pendlebury was rucking I'd be hoping our ruck would punch a knee into him at every opportunity. I'm sure the hawks wouldn't miss the chance. Fyfe may be big for a mid, but he's a little kid in the ruck.

Rowe's been a surprisingly good defender this year, But what i was saying is his size and strength are not the only reason he takes marks.
Rowe is a lot taller, and strong enough to play on guys like Pav so for Fyfe to beat him rather comftorabaly in the air suggests that he can beat KPD's, at the least he would force them to spoil and just quickly - do you know any KPD's who could beat him once the ball hits the deck??
Rowe was caught out of position. If they'd been standing side by side fyfe wouldn't have shaken him off so easily.

I'd be disappointed if Hawks sent a lesser team over. As RTB said, you don't sneak your way to a premiership. We need to be beating the best at their best. Injuries and suspensions will happen but our attitude must be to take them on at full capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back