Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All - can we be a little more mature here and stop calling our team (or at least, for many of the people on this board it is our team) a joke or pathetic / etc.? A team which is deserving of those kinds of title we are not; show some pride in yourselves, don't be joke supporters and your team please.

It is a tight competition; this was evidenced by good teams above us in the ladder got thrashed this weekend. We lost by a point and almost won the game, yes we lost out of the middle comprehensively (not for the first time) but we also did many things right. Essendon midfielders played out of their skins - we should acknowledge that they did and that they had the capacity to do so.

However out of all of that, we are still in the race to be in the 8, unlike some other teams, we have beaten some top teams, and gameplan and players are competitive. If you can't find that perspective at the moment, maybe walk away from the computer, because you are doing yourselves a disservice.
Bro if the players get offended that they get called a joke for dishing up that performance, what hope will they have under actual finals pressure? If you are not playing for a premiership you are wasting a season and we are most definitely not in premiership contention this season. I still think they will make finals so they will get some valuable finals experience but it's just so deflating.

So, just for clarification, we are allowed to actually talk about the team and their (lack of) effort on this board?
Never been in doubt.

Equally people are allowed to see positives for the future.

Both are equally valid opinions, and are debatable.

But progress is linear and next year is our year…. Apparently
Another Freo “supporter” who just needs to go and whinge, complain, cruxcify, demoralise, about another team.
At the very least start a thread.
“The world according to Randomizer-how I can solely make Freo a premiership football club.”
I think most on here would prefer you just change teams.

Not sure if Darcy doesn't care.

Just probably isn't fit for mine.

He gets injured every 3 or 4 weeks and hasn't got a run on.

He has always been pretty ill-disciplined with his free kicks at the centre. If they are there or not I am not sure but he obivously has a flaw somewhere it happens too often.
Should have Mumfords body by now instead he's still overweight. He got demolished in the 4th and we lost by 1pt. That's 100% Sean's conditioning. If you're paid as a professional prepare like one. He looks like he plays in the ammos

he did go off during the derby..
True, I want to know the answer but I bet we never will know. If he wasn't injured he can carry the main responsibility for this loss, he was absolutely putrid. If he was injured and they played him anyway, it backfired badly

Another Freo “supporter” who just needs to go and whinge, complain, cruxcify, demoralise, about another team.
At the very least start a thread.
“The world according to Randomizer-how I can solely make Freo a premiership football club.”
I think most on here would prefer you just change teams.
Maybe with Carlton and Swans collapsing I smell blood and think we should try our chances this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have Mumfords body by now instead he's still overweight. He got demolished in the 4th and we lost by 1pt. That's 100% Sean's conditioning. If you're paid as a professional prepare like one. He looks like he plays in the ammos
Homer Simpson Simpsons GIF by FOX International Channels

Big Sean….

While we are going hard with the blame game, I reckon the clubs boot person needs to give themselves a serious talking too and put their hand up for packing moulded boots instead screw ins.

Disgraceful…

Yeah I was wondering about this. I thought screw ins were banned (maybe just the old school metal screw ins?) but it legit looked like we were running around in soapy water compared to the bombers.

If it’s down to choice of boots, that’s just not good enough at the level and we absolutely need to care about the details like that.

The problem for me is not this particular game. But the pattern through the year. We've lost 4 (almost 5) games where we were in front deep into the last quarter and folded late. All away.

On the flipside, we've only managed to get 1 draw when the situation has been reversed. This was at home.

Our other games have been generally very one sided either way. With a few 20 point wins that I wouldn't necessarily call close games.

When it comes to a close away final, it's going to be a big problem.

It's still a very young team, so I think this is one of the consequences.
Yeah it sucks because this feels like the best opportunity in a long time for a team that is not premiership standard in most years to pinch one. But our inexperience is costing us big time in these sorts of games and I can't see us getting through a final unless we get someone noncompetitive.

Hopefully they train in to death over summer. It doesn't look to me like we've spent much time practicing it.

Third youngest team this weekend. They were never going through the season undefeated. They played incredibly well in a few games, so expectations have become a bit unrealistic. We have Fyfe and Pearce to come back. The players are well aware they stuffed up, but they are our future.
Won’t make finals if lose to Geelong.
That’s how real it is
Pearce then won’t come in

But he gave up the beers in his 8th pre season!

We’re just so mentally weak in close games. Something’s gotta be done.

There were a hundred little chokes before Darcy’s. Every missed tackle and handball to the feet was a choke. They seize up when it gets close.

Just lucky Logan McDonald missed when we tried to throw that game away too.
Or arrogant. Sometimes you just need to concede the opposition have the momentum and you need to tighten up and slug it out in the middle. I can't believe how many loose Essendon players we left outside the stoppage, as well.

Hi All - can we be a little more mature here and stop calling our team (or at least, for many of the people on this board it is our team) a joke or pathetic / etc.? A team which is deserving of those kinds of title we are not; show some pride in yourselves, don't be joke supporters and your team please.

It is a tight competition; this was evidenced by good teams above us in the ladder got thrashed this weekend. We lost by a point and almost won the game, yes we lost out of the middle comprehensively (not for the first time) but we also did many things right. Essendon midfielders played out of their skins - we should acknowledge that they did and that they had the capacity to do so.

However out of all of that, we are still in the race to be in the 8, unlike some other teams, we have beaten some top teams, and gameplan and players are competitive. If you can't find that perspective at the moment, maybe walk away from the computer, because you are doing yourselves a disservice.
All?

At least call out the posters you are talking about.

I can't stand these types of posts. Reminds me of sheriff

You can also put someone on ignore, (not us mods though, just deal with it).

If you find yourself beating your head against a brick wall everytime you see them post, or can't refrain from poking or slinging mud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back