Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

We were the only favourite to win today.

Great effort to go against the grain and win in a day full of upsets.
Dont think this has any bearing on this result at all.

Happy someone called it. It was a maestro stroke of genius. Not sure what he was listening to, but it signalled we were getting serious at that stage of the match.

I'm thinking Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons.

Oh what a night ...

I’ve never been a Marshall fan but all port supporters should be sending there best wishes to Todd.
Its terrible he has been concussed again and pray for his recovery.

Sadly I believe it might be best for Todd to give AFL away as he’s only young and has his whole life ahead of him.

Happy about the win tonight but Todd’s concussion has put a damper on things for me.

Amen
Good kid
Sad life circumstances
Must be close to calling it

Got absolutely screwed by umpires and still managed to come back and win away from home to claim second. 👍

Melbourne's defence were great and Gawn was stopping everything. We overused the handball trying to buy space and time to find an option but Melbourne's pressure was very good. Thus all the turnovers and scramble kicks.

Honestly rate that win. Ugly in the way a lot of finals are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those hybrid defenders - Bergman, Jones and Evans - are holding up very well. I noticed Jones copped some criticism above. Granted Pickett had a big night and played on him and Farrell for most of it, but Jones looks a much more composed and reliable player now.

Pickett gets away with 2 pushes in the back for goals, one from a free kick for deliberate that probably wouldn't be paid to us, and one bludging behind the play when we turned the ball over from BZT's spoil.

Jones straight lines the ball every time, took some strong grabs and hit targets. Thought he, Evans and Bergman were really important when Houston and Farrell were quiet.

Those hybrid defenders - Bergman, Jones and Evans - are holding up very well. I noticed Jones copped some criticism above. Granted Pickett had a big night and played on him and Farrell for most of it, but Jones looks a much more composed and reliable player now.

Mate jones is a disgrace.
He’s a hybrid ****ing gyprock worker at best

Dees s**t the bed big time and blew 3 or 4 gold plated chances to goal late.

Port played the final 6 minutes superbly, and never felt like they were going to lose it.

JHF his last quarter was one for the ages. Gets the 3 Brownlow votes for that alone.

This seals a top 2 finish. Freo is going to water quickly, and the Camries will be blown to the scheisenhausen next week.

Pickett gets away with 2 pushes in the back for goals, one from a free kick for deliberate that probably wouldn't be paid to us, and one bludging behind the play when we turned the ball over from BZT's spoil.

Jones straight lines the ball every time, took some strong grabs and hit targets. Thought he, Evans and Bergman were really important when Houston and Farrell were quiet.

That push in the back was as as blatant as can be

I genuinely can’t recall as many horrific one sided umpiring decisions as this game

The afl sucks d1ck on an epic scale

Most impressive thing about boak tonight is the 86% disposal efficiency and the 1 turnover. Moving like a madman out there and took langdon to the cleaners with his bodywork and spread a few times. Nowhere near past it

In the 30 odd years ive been watching footy i can safely say i have never seen anyone close to JHF. He is his own being, in about 10-15 years we’ll be talking about him to our children how Ablett and Judd are to us right now. The maturity and complete package

Losing georgiades cost us 3-5 goals + 7-10 score involvements and we see what happens when we replace him with lead to the pockets marshall. Going to be hard going if hes out for longer

I’ve never been a Marshall fan but all port supporters should be sending there best wishes to Todd.
Its terrible he has been concussed again and pray for his recovery.

Sadly I believe it might be best for Todd to give AFL away as he’s only young and has his whole life ahead of him.

Happy about the win tonight but Todd’s concussion has put a damper on things for me.

I’m one of his biggest critics but don’t want him retiring due to head injuries. Would prefer he was traded or was handy depth than being forced out of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back