Prediction Round 22: Changes Vs West Coast Eagles + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

5 games minimum with 3 of those after June 30th.
Maximum of 12 AFL players in the team.
Thanks - he has just qualified.

• NOD still needs one game to qualify.
  • Will Brodie needs one game to qualify.
  • Erasmus has played more than five but needs to play the final 3 games to qualify, with none after 30 June.
  • MJ has played only PS WAFL games, so he won’t qualify.

I think it is more value continuing to play Erasmus at AFL and despite the contrarian view from some I thought he was decent.

After researching this NOD and Brodie play for Peel to qualify.

Erasmus and MJ keep playing with the sub an option.
Corbett replaced with either Tabs or Reidy.
Hughes replaced with Worner or Stanley. One of them potentially the sub.
Hamling on Standby for either APearce or Cox. Cox started to get into the game a bit with his marking in the last quarter.

Honestly I think NOD and Brodie could do with more Peel games.

Didn’t Reidy just towel up Jameson.

Perhaps drop Corbett, bring in Reidy and put Jackson forward where he belongs.
I've watched a lot of Peel this year and there's a bit there with Liam Reidy. He's not the finished package but he's got a few good attributes imo.

He's alright in the ruck but he can take a grab up forward. I've seen him go some good stuff on the ground following ruck contests too.

Not sure he's quite ready for a game but those talking about potentially delisting him have got rocks in their head.

Tabs gets a weird amount of hate sometimes. Another key forward to take some pressure off Amiss and Treacy is a no brainer.

Amiss getting tired and he’s been playing on the best defender every week.
All of a sudden he gets n2 and Treacy n3, will only be a good thing for those 2.

this week we could play Reidy as West Coast have one n00b ruck left in the sheds.

Jackson could play forward as is the plan going forward.

I've watched a lot of Peel this year and there's a bit there with Liam Reidy. He's not the finished package but he's got a few good attributes imo.

He's alright in the ruck but he can take a grab up forward. I've seen him go some good stuff on the ground following ruck contests too.

Not sure he's quite ready for a game but those talking about potentially delisting him have got rocks in their head.

I’m one of those people. Darcy / Jackson / Treacy / Knobel is enough cover for the ruck. Reidy is an average WAFL player.

Or we could play tabs as a key forward.
Why take Jackson out in this form and put in a not ready Reidy?
Bit risky.

Because Jackson, Treacy, and Amiss is the way we want to play...also because Tabs tends not to play a team game when up front. Drags his opponent to the contest, contests balls he shouldn't, leads into other forwards space.

Because our season is ****ed and getting a game into Reidy is more beneficial

A large part of me really wants to see what Jackson does to a Jameson or Barrett in the ruck though. Like, when he wins a hitout, the hitouts to advantage are so much better than most other rucks. He could do some disgusting things this week

Because Jackson, Treacy, and Amiss is the way we want to play...also because Tabs tends not to play a team game when up front. Drags his opponent to the contest, contests balls he shouldn't, leads into other forwards space.

Because our season is ****ed and getting a game into Reidy is more beneficial

Is it? Says who?
Who’s to say that Tabs Amiss and Treacy isn’t a real good option. We haven’t seen it much, if at all, to decide.

Playing Reidy this season just for the sake of it is not necessarily beneficial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it? Says who?
Who’s to say that Tabs Amiss and Treacy isn’t a real good option. We haven’t seen it much, if at all, to decide.

Playing Reidy this season just for the sake of it is not necessarily beneficial.

1. The coach has intimated that
  2. I say it for the reasons listed.
  3. It's not "for the sake of it". It's so we can play as listed in 1, and to give Reidy a taste against weaker opposition

Medium forward, Key forward whatever. He was playing as key forward in this game matched up on Mitch Andrews. To be fair he did take the best key defender. Amiss didn’t really take advantage of this.

My opinion (and you agree it seems) is that our team is improved with Tabs. Certainly in terms of giving a genuine contest and being an aerial threat.

There was one good moment from Corbett in the third quarter where we exited the ball out of Brisbane’s 50 and he more than halved the contest and double hand spoiled the ball down to Schultz I think it was. If only he did that more often.
Halving contests is Tabs’ speciality.
Corbett just didn’t get to the contest or was leading. Always looked out of position and barely making a dent in the aerial ball.
Tabs provides an outlet on the wing, allowing Treacy and Amiss to stay full forward.
Amiss is spent. He has had to contend with Harris Andrew, Darcy Moore. That’s tough for a second year 19 year old.

Tabs is an obvious upgrade but his inclusion makes me nervous. It is Tabs after all and wouldn't surprise me if he's subbed out injured in the first half. I do think him in, might stretch the Eagles defence though, and how good if it frees up Nev to kick his first big bag. Will depend totally on forward structures and delivery into the 50, as others have said. Hope Jye plays as the leading target and Tabs deeper, providing the contests and crumbs.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1767262

View attachment 1767265

over the season our guys are perhaps superior at inside 50 tackles as Brisbane.

Yesterday we got pantsed in that area.
Was the only significant difference in stats between the two teams

Disappointing if looked at in isolation.

In a positive light, i thought Brisbane absolutely brough max effort yesterday and we hung with them all day and probably should have won. Our wins v Geelong and Melbourne as examples we were playing lesser sides in the middle of slumps of missing key players, i thought yesterday we played a close to top line Brisbane team with shit loads to play for and we performed well.

No fools gold in that performance IMO.

Disappointing if looked at in isolation.

In a positive light, i thought Brisbane absolutely brough max effort yesterday and we hung with them all day and probably should have won. Our wins v Geelong and Melbourne as examples we were playing lesser sides in the middle of slumps of missing key players, i thought yesterday we played a close to top line Brisbane team with s**t loads to play for and we performed well.

No fools gold in that performance IMO.
I get the people disappointed in the season (arent we all?) but I think people need to be able to take positives out of games when they are given to you to avoid just hating life. That was a great game of footy and that's the level we are capable of making the minimum every week. Lets win the last 3 games, keep finding out about players like we have with Young and finish the year with some optimism moving into next year

I get the people disappointed in the season (arent we all?) but I think people need to be able to take positives out of games when they are given to you to avoid just hating life. That was a great game of footy and that's the level we are capable of making the minimum every week. Lets win the last 3 games, keep finding out about players like we have with Young and finish the year with some optimism moving into next year
If you're looking for positives I can name a few. I think Corey Wagner has been a pleasant surprise in recent weeks. I know he's been outmarked a decent amount but he's also added drive and run from defence and defensively he's difficult to get away from with his running power. I'd also say I think we have two great long term players on our list that have only played sub roles this year in Stanley and Worner. Sturt is looking more comfortable at AFL level in recent weeks. He's made solid if not spectacular progress this year in my view. Like you've said Davies really has improved as the season has gone on and he shapes as a solid long term prospect to eventually replace Alex Pearce. Henry's another positive that shouldn't be overlooked. Midseason I thought his career was in jeopardy.

I'm not sure he should play yet, but Jackson mid next year with Tabs forward is an interesting possibility.
Plenty of people seemed to think inside mid might be Jackson's best position when we got him in. Conversation, for list management thread I guess, but this combined with Young's recent form will make for some interesting conversations re the depth chart if we go that way!

Taberner is already out of contention for WAFL finals, so he needs to be expedited back into the team, we really missed a mature forward this year, will be good to have him back.

An AFL Player may play in the WAFL Finals where:
i. his AFL Club is not participating in the AFL Finals match on the same weekend as his WAFL Partner Club; and
a. the player must have played a minimum of six (6) WAFL League matches; and
b. the player has played two (2) of the clubs last eight (8) WAFL League home and away matches; and
c. the number of qualified AFL players eligible to play does not exceed twelve (12) AFL players.

We probably have about 12 qualified, think Hamling is out of contention as it stands, needs to play WAFL this week (or maybe he has just made it? not sure)

Chappy's injury has ruined his chances for finals you'd think

Not sure if Draper/Worner have played their share of 2/8 hopefully they have

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22: Changes Vs West Coast Eagles + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back