Toast Round 22 = Collingwood 109-101 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew Chris Scott wouldn't be able to get through that press conference biting his tongue about that centre bounce to start Q3 😂😂😂 such a sook.

Chris Scott, what a peanut this bloke is.
Calls out the center bounce at the start of the 3rd, yet no mention of the 2 goals from out of bounds.
I should’nt been surprised

All I can say is 'phew'.

Losing Moore, JDG getting banged up and Jeremy Cameron going on a tear... I thought this was going to be a horror show.

But wow did we reclaim our pressure. Great stuff from Lipinski, Ginny, Mitchell and Hill for finding their connection and providing smarts and pressure.

Props also to Checkers (from 0 goals to 5), McStay (clunker), Howe (yeah, OK he's a forward) and the perennial ball magnet Josh Daicos. Murphy also fantastic down back in the absence of our captain.

We're not back to our very best, but we're back to our best efforts which is good enough for me.

Pendlebury was lion hearted tonight.I know he’s probably too slow for the centre bounces now,but his bullocking,tackling,blocking and sacrificing himself so that other players could get the ball was just examplary.He’s a marvel at 35..

One was 50/50….the other was blatantly out of bounds.

Collingwoods first goal when Adams blatantly shoved his opponent in the back and then scored a goal off a fluke ball bounce was one that ended up in our favour.

s**t happens but we got the result in the end and quite comfortably. Our 23 players beat their one.
The two of your things are NOT like the other:musicalnote::musicalnote::musicalnote:

Holding (considering they scragged us all night) and a fluke bounce are in no way comparable with poor umpiring decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that work with us getting smashed in centre clearances 6-1 early on? I mean, I'm not disputing it, but he's still just a journeyman ruck who hasn't been anything like as good this year as he was last.
he had the better of Stanley in the ruck work, by a margin too, it was that he was dropping marks that he should’ve taken, had he taken those marks then it would’ve been a very good game

Except that he won hit outs to advantage, at one stage he was leading 9-4.
I thought the scoreboard showed that out of 88 hit outs, he got 11 to advantage. Not such a good night IMO.

Last edited:
Who was the metrosexual young faced umpire who looked like he’d woken up in a Geelong players bed earlier that morning? Dude was so absurdly biased. Guess he copped some good D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back