Toast Round 22 = Collingwood 109-101 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't see what DC brings that Cox doesn't. Didn't rate Darcy's game at all - didn't take his marks, didn't find the footy, and even when he won the hitouts he put it straight down the Geelong mids' throats. His connection with our mids was awwwwful.

I'd bring back Mase as full time ruck.

McStay, Checkers and Howe looked really solid as our three tall setup.

No room for DC sadly.
Except that he won hit outs to advantage, at one stage he was leading 9-4.

I actually found that painful to watch. I think my mood was affected by Moore going down and then DeGoey looking sore. And Cameron getting smashed again in the centre.

But props to Cameron, he fought on to reach at least a bit competitive (apart from that dropped mark in the last 10 minutes).

And a lot of players lifted. Special mentions to: Lipinski, Mitchell, Ginnivan. All stepped up from their recent form.

Moore and N Daicos -- we're gonna need them come finals. So fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two goals out of bounds what a disgrace. Those campaigners still couldn't win
One was 50/50….the other was blatantly out of bounds.

Collingwoods first goal when Adams blatantly shoved his opponent in the back and then scored a goal off a fluke ball bounce was one that ended up in our favour.

Shit happens but we got the result in the end and quite comfortably. Our 23 players beat their one.

Have we secured top 2 after this win? Or do we still have to in one more if bris and melb win the next 3 games?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

One was 50/50….the other was blatantly out of bounds.

Collingwoods first goal when Adams blatantly shoved his opponent in the back and then scored a goal off a fluke ball bounce was one that ended up in our favour.

s**t happens but we got the result in the end and quite comfortably. Our 23 players beat their one.
Which one was 50/50, both looked seriously contentious to me.

Chris Scott complaining about the umpiring is so delightful.

He's just a shit bloke, sore loser and fundamentally unintelligent man, and he can't escape it

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back